Action 4 - Voice control deactivates after "Start Recording"
720 9 1-24 00:37
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eyhoff
lvl.1

Germany

Hi!
Just got my Action 4, love it. Want to use it mainly in hands-free scenarios, this is why I need the Voice Control feature.
It activates lovely, but then there is a message on the screen when the recording activates that Voice Control has been deactivated.
This is why it is not responding to the Stop Recording command. I have to press the button to stop it.
Tried various modes, all the same, what am I missing? (Can share a video of the behaviour if needed.)
1-24 00:37
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

please share a vid, youtube, dropbox googledrive.

the  firmware is the latest, we CAN NOT refresh firmware, and  maybe they can resend one via the App
1-24 03:54
Use props
Eyhoff
lvl.1

Germany

Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/p5Q_WkWS3b4
Device language is German.
Firmware Version: 01.03.08.20
Camera Firmware Version: 10.00.26.19
1-24 04:05
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. When 4K 100/120fps and 1080p 240fps video, and a 4K60fps(16:9, with Enhanced Image Quality enabled), 4K/4x and 1080p 8x slow motion video are being recorded, the Osmo Action 4 voice control is disabled and the video voice control is not available. Try to use a different camera resolution and check if the issue persists. Hope this helps.
1-24 21:28
Use props
Eyhoff
lvl.1

Germany

Thanks, I must have chosen modes that are not supported. It now works.
Too bad that there was no info that the Voice Control is limited to certain modes
1-24 23:21
Use props
Kruisr
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-24 21:28
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. When 4K 100/120fps and 1080p 240fps video, and a 4K60fps(16:9, with Enhanced Image Quality enabled), 4K/4x and 1080p 8x slow motion video are being recorded, the Osmo Action 4 voice control is disabled and the video voice control is not available. Try to use a different camera resolution and check if the issue persists. Hope this helps.

For me, 4K/60 is pretty much the standard mode for recording in general. Does that mean that voice control on the OA4 is completely worthless? What were the designers thinking when they implemented this restriction?
3-15 02:28
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

4k/60 fps you can use voice control

with mimo app you can start/stop all modes
or use the remote

you can start /stop the camera with the dji mic
3-15 11:26
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

I'm glad DJI didn't put such information in the manual. Would've been a total disaster...
3-15 14:58
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Eyhoff Posted at 1-24 23:21
Thanks, I must have chosen modes that are not supported. It now works.
Too bad that there was no info that the Voice Control is limited to certain modes

You are most welcome. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your understanding.
3-16 03:03
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Kruisr Posted at 3-15 02:28
For me, 4K/60 is pretty much the standard mode for recording in general. Does that mean that voice control on the OA4 is completely worthless? What were the designers thinking when they implemented this restriction?

We appreciate your feedback. Rest assured that we will gather this as a suggestion and will forward it to our relevant team for future consideration. As of now, the Voice control is only available for resolutions that are not included in the list above. Thank you for your understanding.
3-16 03:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules