383 4 1-24 02:13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dethar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27510 ft

Poland

Dear colleagues
I purchased DJI Avata (3 months ago) and I am successfully flying this drone.
I also added it to the DJI FLY app during the activation.

Recently (about a month ago) I also decided to purchase a second hand DJI FPV as well (incl. DJI FPV Remote Controller 2).
I paired DJI FPV with DJI Integra Googles successfully and I am flying since that moment.

However, I wanted to add DJI FPV to the DJI FLY app, but ... I cannot complete this, even if previous owner removed their device from DJI FLY app.

They said, that this action (adding a device to the account in DJI FLY app) occurs during the device's activation and they are not sure if this can be repeated on my end.
Actually this makes sense since I remember this step when I obtained DJI Avata.

But, as far as I understand (based on multiple threads over there), DJI FLY app enables user to add multiple DJI drones.

However, what happens in case of second hand drones?
Is it feasible to add used drone to thew DJI FLY app as well?
If so, how do I proceed?
Thanks.
1-24 02:13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Fly Device Management function mainly serves DJI Care for Flyaway Coverage. As of DJI Fly v1.5.4, among the models supported by DJI Fly, Mavic Mini/DJI FPV does not support the DJI Care for Flyaway Coverage and cannot bind with an account. This is normal as the current model does not come with this function. Hope this helps.
1-24 04:57
Use props
DJIFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

I went through the exact same thing a few months ago. Although I was more worried that the DJI FPV I had purchased was still bound to the original owner's account. I had bought mine from someone who bought the kit used from someone else but the person I bought it from only wanted the kit for the Goggles V2 and the FPV Controller. The drone itself appeared to be brand new and the battery that came with it showed 0 cycles. But DJI assured the drone wasn't bound to another account and to enjoy my new (to me) DJI FPV.

The other thing that disappointed me (and this was kind of petty) is that because of the inability to bind the DJI FPV to my account....I don't get the DJI FPV icon in my profile here on the forums.

However, the DJI FPV will show up in the DJI Fly app if you connect your phone/tablet to the goggles if everything is powered up.

And it does show up in your flight records in the DJI Fly app...whether connected or not.

The whole inability to bind the DJI FPV to my account annoys me that if it gets stolen....the thief can fly it without repercussions....unlike most of DJI's drones.
1-24 05:12
Use props
dethar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27510 ft

Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-24 04:57
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Fly Device Management function mainly serves DJI Care for Flyaway Coverage. As of DJI Fly v1.5.4, among the models supported by DJI Fly, Mavic Mini/DJI FPV does not support the DJI Care for Flyaway Coverage and cannot bind with an account. This is normal as the current model does not come with this function. Hope this helps.

If I understand you correctly, then active care package would solve my need somehow (only if it is not DJI Mavic Mini / DJI FPV)?
But, since the previous DJI care expired (owned by previous owner), and this is DJI FPV - then I am unable to purchase new one, right?

So there no other way to add the device to my account? Just wanted to double check my understanding in case if I decide do purchase DJI care - this changes nothing, right?
1-24 05:46
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

dethar Posted at 1-24 05:46
If I understand you correctly, then active care package would solve my need somehow (only if it is not DJI Mavic Mini / DJI FPV)?
But, since the previous DJI care expired (owned by previous owner), and this is DJI FPV - then I am unable to purchase new one, right?

Hello. Thank you for your response. The DJI FPV and DJI Mavic Mini do not support the DJI Care Refresh Flyaway coverage and only drones that support the DJI Care Refresh Flyaway coverage are the ones that support the binding via DJI Fly Device Management. Hope this helps.
1-26 01:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules