1721 24 1-24 09:03
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kenogui
lvl.3
Flight distance : 257195 ft
Canada

Hi Fellow Droners !

At the end of 2022, following DJI announcement for C1 label request availability with Mavic 3, my understanding was DJi would propose similar procedure for other drones, like Mini 3 Pro.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=280867&pid=2923696

We are Jan. 2024 and EU regulation is active, regarding C0/C1 labels.

I intend to fly my Mini 3 Pro with battery plus (> 249gr...) in France early this year, and I still don't see any ways to request my C1 label.

Is there still hopes to get these ?

Thanks !
1-24 09:03
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, please rest assured that your drone can fly compliantly in A1 and A3 environments and does not need to apply for CX label. Thank you.
1-24 11:09
Use props
Kenogui
lvl.3
Canada

Thank you for the answer
1-24 11:35
Use props
piotr pekacki
lvl.1
Poland

Kenogui Posted at 1-24 11:35
Thank you for the answer
In the EU maybe but:
in A1 up to 250g with normal battery
in A3 >250g with battery plus battery plus
2-2 13:44
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Kenogui Posted at 1-24 11:35
Thank you for the answer

you're welcome! Should you have further questions, please let me know. Thank you.
2-2 14:25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

With the bigger battery, you're quite limited indeed.
2-24 13:16
Use props
DJIDronePete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14360 ft
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2-24 13:16
With the bigger battery, you're quite limited indeed.

Really, I thought that there were only minor changes (not over people, buildings), I think you need to pass a test (I did the UK test and it wasn't exactly difficult, would need to do the EU test as well if wanting to fly heavier).
As an aside, would the original requester really want a C1 label? I assume that if flying the original battery that class C0 (<250g) and those regulations apply and if flying with the battery plus then the C1 rules apply. Would that assumption be correct?
2-27 04:41
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJIDronePete Posted at 2-27 04:41
Really, I thought that there were only minor changes (not over people, buildings), I think you need to pass a test (I did the UK test and it wasn't exactly difficult, would need to do the EU test as well if wanting to fly heavier).
As an aside, would the original requester really want a C1 label? I assume that if flying the original battery that class C0 (

As this is a drone without a Cx label, it moves over to A3, which is very limited.
If you use the regular battery and stay below the <250g, no issues. These go into A1.
2-27 05:24
Use props
DJIDronePete
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2-27 05:24
As this is a drone without a Cx label, it moves over to A3, which is very limited.
If you use the regular battery and stay below the

How do you figure out it goes into A3? On this EU page: https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/domains/civil-drones-rpas/open-category-civil-drones drones up to 500g (pre-C class marking) are still in class A1, but the key difference is that the operator does require registration (I might have misquoted in my last post - you can still fly over people at that weight).
I'm also interested in the correct answer as my (brand new) drone also has no C marking (I did see somewhere about manufacturers with pre-existing designs did not need to apply them, although I had expected the one I ordered last week to be marked). If I find myself wanting to do longer flights (or more flights in one day) then a bigger battery would be of interest.
2-27 07:26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJIDronePete Posted at 2-27 07:26
How do you figure out it goes into A3? On this EU page: https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/domains/civil-drones-rpas/open-category-civil-drones drones up to 500g (pre-C class marking) are still in class A1, but the key difference is that the operator does require registration (I might have misquoted in my last post - you can still fly over people at that weight).
I'm also interested in the correct answer as my (brand new) drone also has no C marking (I did see somewhere about manufacturers with pre-existing designs did not need to apply them, although I had expected the one I ordered last week to be marked). If I find myself wanting to do longer flights (or more flights in one day) then a bigger battery would be of interest.

Any drone without a Cx marking that is between 250g and 25kg can only fly A3 after the transition period.
Search for Legacy drones after december 2023 between 250g and 25kg and you will find the EASA rules regarding these drones.
This is from their website. The two relevant categories are circled in green.

Source : https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/do ... tegory-civil-drones
2-27 09:03
Use props
DJIDronePete
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2-27 09:03
Any drone without a Cx marking that is between 250g and 25kg can only fly A3 after the transition period.
Search for Legacy drones after december 2023 between 250g and 25kg and you will find the EASA rules regarding these drones.
This is from their website. The two relevant categories are circled in green. [view_image]

Thanks. I'm with you now. I was mistakenly reading the pre-2024 chart as applicable to legacy drones. Doh.
2-28 09:39
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJIDronePete Posted at 2-28 09:39
Thanks. I'm with you now. I was mistakenly reading the pre-2024 chart as applicable to legacy drones. Doh.

I can't blame you.
They made sure it was very complicated after they were done.....
2-28 23:47
Use props
Kenogui
lvl.3
Canada

DJIDronePete Posted at 2-27 04:41
Really, I thought that there were only minor changes (not over people, buildings), I think you need to pass a test (I did the UK test and it wasn't exactly difficult, would need to do the EU test as well if wanting to fly heavier).
As an aside, would the original requester really want a C1 label? I assume that if flying the original battery that class C0 (

Indeed, my initial question was about this legacy question of <250gr drones VS. Battery Plus.

I'm French, I live in Canada, and return regularly to Europe.

My Mini 3 Pro has been bought in Canada, and don't have a Cx label AT ALL.
However, DJI do sell Battery Plus in Canada, therefore I will exceed 250gr and not be considered a legacy drone, due to that. It let me with only my single 249gr battery as an option.

I feel it's a shame that DJI doesn't sell their drone worldwide with labels. Like electric plugs or devices, having stickers for all kind of WW norms. It implies you're supposed to never travel with them abroad, which is unrealistic.

I've passed all my EU open category exams (including A2 category), and could easily fly a C1 drone with my extended batteries, I don't mind.

A bit sad to not have more options provided by DJI, especially they already propose C1 label for Mini 4 Pro ! They have an internal process, for a similar model !
3-11 10:13
Use props
Kenogui
lvl.3
Canada

It seems, I’m not the only one complaining about C1 label for Mini 3 Pro.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D776%26typeid%3D776

It seems an option should exist in DJI Fly, but doesn’t work…
3-17 04:49
Use props
_dji_user_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1687385 ft
Estonia

There is some strange change to allow flying higher than 120m with DJI mini 4 pro. In the old days, you had to send two pictures with c0 label and one without, but now things have become very confusing. First of all, you have to order labels, even if they already exist, and only then you can start uploading pictures. It is not clear what pictures to upload because there is no information about the mini 4.
3-21 07:45
Use props
harweyko
lvl.3
Flight distance : 605121 ft

Slovakia

You need to remove C0 label frome the bottom and internal black label, stick C1 label on side of the drone and stick new black label inside of the drone..
IMG_20240321_183426.jpg
IMG_20240321_183410.jpg
Screenshot_2024-02-06-20-58-02-76_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
3-21 09:37
Use props
_dji_user_
lvl.3
Estonia

harweyko Posted at 3-21 09:37
You need to remove C0 label frome the bottom and internal black label, stick C1 label on side of the drone and stick new black label inside of the drone..

"Installing the internal sticker seems quite cumbersome, and if poorly installed, could it interfere with installing the battery?"
3-21 10:07
Use props
harweyko
lvl.3

Slovakia

it was not a problem at all, the base paper on which the sticker is placed consists of 3 separate parts, just removed the middle one, cretated "O" shape from the sticker, inserted, aligned with small tooth that is there, and after sticking the middle part removed side papers and sticked to place one by one. Work for 2 minutes max. It was harder to remove old sticker, but it was possible with sharp tweezers
3-21 10:15
Use props
_dji_user_
lvl.3
Estonia

Thanks for the very useful information.
3-21 10:16
Use props
DuRavary
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125135 ft
France

DJIDronePete Posted at 2-27 07:26
How do you figure out it goes into A3? On this EU page: https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/domains/civil-drones-rpas/open-category-civil-drones drones up to 500g (pre-C class marking) are still in class A1, but the key difference is that the operator does require registration (I might have misquoted in my last post - you can still fly over people at that weight).
I'm also interested in the correct answer as my (brand new) drone also has no C marking (I did see somewhere about manufacturers with pre-existing designs did not need to apply them, although I had expected the one I ordered last week to be marked). If I find myself wanting to do longer flights (or more flights in one day) then a bigger battery would be of interest.

All drones flown in the EU that have a camera need to be registered.
3-22 12:28
Use props
djiuser_6S0bwXlUhzJV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 635489 ft

Germany

Hello everyone

I own the DJI Mavic Air 2s which received the C1 classification from DJI this year.
I now wanted to apply for the classification in the app. Unfortunately, a system error occurs and I have to try again later. After several days and attempts, it still doesn't work. I have done all the updates and followed everything that has already been written here in the forum. Please help me.
Maybe you guys can manually create the C1 classification for me.
4-11 14:27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_6S0bwXlUhzJV Posted at 4-11 14:27
Hello everyone

I own the DJI Mavic Air 2s which received the C1 classification from DJI this year.

Hello. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Air 2s is now capable of getting the C1 label. Make sure your DJI Fly app is updated to v1.13.0 above. You may refer to the link below for the guide on how to get the C1 label (the materials are for the DJI Mini 4 Pro but it is the same on the DJI Air 2s). We appreciate your patience and understanding.

https://support.dji.com/help/con ... p;re=DK&lang=en
4-12 03:00
Use props
djiuser_6S0bwXlUhzJV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 635489 ft

Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-12 03:00
Hello. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Air 2s is now capable of getting the C1 label. Make sure your DJI Fly app is updated to v1.13.0 above. You may refer to the link below for the guide on how to get the C1 label (the materials are for the DJI Mini 4 Pro but it is the same on the DJI Air 2s). We appreciate your patience and understanding.

https://support.dji.com/help/con ... p;re=DK&lang=en

Hi, thank you for your message. I have updated to version 1.13.0 today, but the problem still persists. When I want to apply for the CX-Label and save my address, it displays System Error, try again later and has been doing so for a week.
4-12 06:39
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_6S0bwXlUhzJV Posted at 4-12 06:39
Hi, thank you for your message. I have updated to version 1.13.0 today, but the problem still persists. When I want to apply for the CX-Label and save my address, it displays System Error, try again later and has been doing so for a week.

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please try to set the system language of your mobile device/RC controller to the language corresponding to the country where you are located, and make sure to stay connected to a stable internet connection when filling in the address again. If the issue persists, please upload a screenshot or screen recording showing the error message on the remote controller for us to check it further. Please keep us posted. We appreciate your cooperation.
4-13 01:20
Use props
harweyko
lvl.3

Slovakia

Try to add/update your address via following link and then just select it during request process https://repair.dji.com/mycase/myaddress
4-13 05:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules