Phantom 4 RTK - Regulation Switzerland/France
235 5 1-25 00:50
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_hXZn3vOrvonH
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hello everyone,
I have a Phantom 4 RTK and I have to perform operations both in France and Switzerland. As far as I understood, my drone has no class label since it was produced before 1st of January and I'm able to fly in A1/A3 Open category. Actually, I can only perform operations in the A3 subcategory because of the 1.4kg weight.

Isn't possible to perform flights over populated areas in any case?

Moreover, I read that EASA requires a Remote ID. Is the firmware going to be updated in order to have it, or should I buy an external module?

I don't understand the situation, also because France laws requires to have an external ID module, so the situation is quite confusing.

Does anyone knows how can I fly in both countries given this situation?

Thank you
1-25 00:50
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sadly you can only fly that legacy drone in the A3 category,  150m away from people, buildings, parks, etc in all directions.      EASA have been suitable vague about remote ID,   they dont say its required but recommended which I find an odd statement.   https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/do ... nts-fly-1st-january
1-25 02:48
Use props
djiuser_hXZn3vOrvonH
lvl.1

Switzerland

DAFlys Posted at 1-25 02:48
Sadly you can only fly that legacy drone in the A3 category,  150m away from people, buildings, parks, etc in all directions.      EASA have been suitable vague about remote ID,   they dont say its required but recommended which I find an odd statement.   https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/document-library/general-publications/drone-open-category-applicable-requirements-fly-1st-january

Thank you so much for your answer.
So should I change the drone for my operations with a C2 labeled one to fly in A2 and be able to fly close to people as well?

Thank you again!
1-25 02:54
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_hXZn3vOrvonH Posted at 1-25 02:54
Thank you so much for your answer.
So should I change the drone for my operations with a C2 labeled one to fly in A2 and be able to fly close to people as well?

A2 would require you to take an additional course and exam and then you still cannot fly close to people, thats still limited to 30m in all directions.  C0/C1 are the only classifications that let you get close.   C0 allows for overflight.
1-25 03:27
Use props
djiuser_hXZn3vOrvonH
lvl.1

Switzerland

DAFlys Posted at 1-25 03:27
A2 would require you to take an additional course and exam and then you still cannot fly close to people, thats still limited to 30m in all directions.  C0/C1 are the only classifications that let you get close.   C0 allows for overflight.

I have A2, but still in my case I will have to fly in A3 subcategory, right?
1-25 03:33
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_hXZn3vOrvonH Posted at 1-25 03:33
I have A2, but still in my case I will have to fly in A3 subcategory, right?

Unless the drone on C2 marked then A3 only.  
1-25 03:35
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules