New DJI Mini 3 Firmware Released (01/25/2024)
12Next >
11085 51 1-25 22:37
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Overview
  • Date: 2024.01.25
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0410
  • DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Firmware: v04.16.0500
  • DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: v01.03.1100
  • DJI Fly App iOS:        v1.12.8
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.12.8

What’s New
  • Added support for civil uncrewed aircraft owners to register their aircraft with CAAC using their real names to comply with the uncrewed aircraft-related regulations in China.
  • Added support for automatically activating the US Remote ID only when the aircraft is used with an Intelligent Flight Battery Plus.
  • Fixed some known issues.

Notes
  • Added features require DJI Fly v1.12.8 or later.
  • If update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.
1-25 22:37
Use props
Philippe Mini3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53743 ft

France

Good morning
Can you tell me if with update V01.00.0410, the remote identification function with battery + is activated in France? Or only in the US?
Is it possible to request a Cx label for a mini 3 drone?

THANKS
1-26 08:22
Use props
Snoze
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7832014 ft
France

Free fcc works with RC N1? I never update mini but would like test 48mp photo mode
1-26 23:23
Use props
Mr Groch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1226207 ft

Poland

Snoze Posted at 1-26 23:23
Free fcc works with RC N1? I never update mini but would like test 48mp photo mode

What "is free fcc"?
1-27 00:13
Use props
Kunzite
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2009432 ft
Poland

Why C1 class for Mini 3 with upgrade RC v01.03.1200? Is it joke?
1-27 03:23
Use props
Snoze
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7832014 ft
France

Mr Groch Posted at 1-27 00:13
What "is free fcc"?

Fcc with free android app made for Mavic air
1-27 03:55
Use props
Mr Groch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1226207 ft

Poland

Snoze Posted at 1-27 03:55
Fcc with free android app made for Mavic air

Didn't work for me on RC-N1 on earlier firmware. Didn't test on newest... If we are talking about fcc_1_0_0.apk for mavic...
1-27 04:22
Use props
santyb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7421 ft
India

After the aircraft firmware update I have observed there is battery consumption issue.Im using intelligent flight battery...earlier i used to get atleast 35-40 mins but now its just 20mins...seems something is wrong.
1-27 06:23
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

why never explain more "Fixed some known issues" ?
1-28 09:34
Use props
Benjamin Scott
New
Flight distance : 283061 ft
United States

After this latest update my screen video feed is glitching. anyone else have this problem?
1-28 10:30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Benjamin Scott Posted at 1-28 10:30
After this latest update my screen video feed is glitching. anyone else have this problem?

Hello there. Sorry about the experience. Can you please post a screen recording from your video feed showing the issue so we can help you further? Thank you very much.
1-29 01:39
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Benjamin Scott Posted at 1-28 10:30

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.  When "fixed some bugs" or "fixed some known issues" is described in the firmware release notes, it is usually to update some regular software running logic or fix some problems that do not affect the use of the product. These have no impact on your use of the product. If it is an important firmware upgrade, engineers will list in the release notes what new features have been added or what user experience has been improved. At this time, it is recommended that you update the firmware in time to get a better experience. Thank you for understanding.
1-29 01:41
Use props
fansd91f6f34
lvl.2
Flight distance : 827470 ft
Spain

Kunzite Posted at 1-27 03:23
[view_image]

How is it possible to request the C1 label on the mini 3?

In EU regulation 945, in the requirements that are demanded of the UAS for this, in section 16 point b it marks:

(16) be equipped with lights for the purpose of:
(a)        the controllability of the UA,
(b) the conspicuity of the UA at night, the design of the lights shall allow a person on the ground, to distinguish the UA from a manned aircraft.

The Mini3, like the Mini3pro and Mini4pro, turns off its green LED lights when recording and therefore does not meet this requirement.

1-29 02:01
Use props
Mynah
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3034081 ft
South Africa

I cannot downgrade firmware once v01.00.0410 is installed, even though the options are available using DJI Assistant V2.1.20.  Download of firmware works and transfer to Mini 3 works but then it goes from 50% to 20% and gets stuck with error code 0x1d.  Disconnect and reconnecting brings me to 'repair' and that gets stuck with error code "motor running, unable to update".  I had to re-install v01.00.0410 to get the drone functional again.
1-29 03:01
Use props
Mynah
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3034081 ft
South Africa

santyb Posted at 1-27 06:23
After the aircraft firmware update I have observed there is battery consumption issue.Im using intelligent flight battery...earlier i used to get atleast 35-40 mins but now its just 20mins...seems something is wrong.

It could be that you are experiencing different wind conditions which will lead to more battery consumption.  I have tried the new update but did not notice any difference in battery consumption with the standard battery.  Have not tried the Plus battery yet.
1-29 03:10
Use props
seb H
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69642 ft
Belgium

[view_image]

Thé Mini 3 is C0. But impossible to Ask thé label. Me that does'nt works.
1-30 00:59
Use props
2sticks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131355 ft
United States

Updates loaded fine. If the winds don’t kick up today I’ll see if any issues come up.
1-30 07:15
Use props
POSDJI
New

United States

And this firmware update completely killed my DJI Mini 3. Thanks DJI!!
1-31 16:37
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

POSDJI Posted at 1-31 16:37
And this firmware update completely killed my DJI Mini 3. Thanks DJI!!

Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about the situation. May we confirm the specific problem you encountered after the update?
1-31 23:13
Use props
jonasm1990
lvl.1

Belgium

Philippe Mini3 Posted at 1-26 08:22
Good morning
Can you tell me if with update V01.00.0410, the remote identification function with battery + is activated in France? Or only in the US?
Is it possible to request a Cx label for a mini 3 drone?

Hi,
I applied today for the C1 label for the Mini 3 and Remote ID should be activated with this.
If you start your controller and connect the drone you can find the application form under "service".
It normally takes 20 days to receive the C1 label.
The only "problem" is that you can't fly over uninvolved people anymore with C1 ... but on the other hand if you need the remote ID to fly in a controlled zone you don't have another option...
You can find more information here:
https://www.dronewatch.nl/2024/01/31/dji-komt-met-c1-upgrade-voor-mini-4-pro/
2-1 08:31
Use props
NormEB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44593 ft
Canada

How do I get an ID so that I can fly my mini 3 Pro using my recently purchased Goggles and Remote 2?
2-1 18:00
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

NormEB Posted at 2-1 18:00
How do I get an ID so that I can fly my mini 3 Pro using my recently purchased Goggles and Remote 2?

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. May I confirm what type of ID would you like to obtain?
2-2 02:03
Use props
NormEB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44593 ft
Canada

The ID that will remove the “ID error”. On my screen and allow me to fly my Mini 3 Pro
2-2 06:34
Use props
Amierhj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64839 ft

United States

Did it remove remote ID?
2-2 06:55
Use props
Major_Nadds
lvl.1
United States

DJI I understand the reason for auto activate of remote ID when using the plus battery due to weight. What is the reason you have removed RID when using smaller battery? I am part 107 and use for work with smaller battery. The Mini 4 is not practical to attach my strobe and a RID module, nor should I need to if RID is on-board. I bought the Mini 4 because it has native RID. What basis is there for taking away a feature that was used to sell the drone?
I don't need or want the larger battery for the missions I do, and it is an unfair and deceptive  business practice to sell with a feature then take away and hold hostage for another fee for a new battery. If this was a mistake, then fix it and issue firmware that leave RID on all of the time regardless of battery. This is the type of thing that deserves a class action lawsuit if not corrected, with the class action seeking a free plus battery or accepting a return and refund since the product does not perform as advertised due to an action you took.
2-3 08:50
Use props
Grrrrrr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1212684 ft
United States

What a joke I bought my mini 3 before mini4 was even out because it said it was Rid Compliant now you tell me I have to by a $100 battery to make it be compliant .how do I go about getting my money back for the los leader item you sold me thru Amazon
2-3 18:49
Use props
Grrrrrr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1212684 ft
United States

Major_Nadds Posted at 2-3 08:50
DJI I understand the reason for auto activate of remote ID when using the plus battery due to weight. What is the reason you have removed RID when using smaller battery? I am part 107 and use for work with smaller battery. The Mini 4 is not practical to attach my strobe and a RID module, nor should I need to if RID is on-board. I bought the Mini 4 because it has native RID. What basis is there for taking away a feature that was used to sell the drone?
I don't need or want the larger battery for the missions I do, and it is an unfair and deceptive  business practice to sell with a feature then take away and hold hostage for another fee for a new battery. If this was a mistake, then fix it and issue firmware that leave RID on all of the time regardless of battery. This is the type of thing that deserves a class action lawsuit if not corrected, with the class action seeking a free plus battery or accepting a return and refund since the product does not perform as advertised due to an action you took.

I did same thing with the mini 3 only reason I bought it because my phantom 4 pro would not be compliant. What a joke this company has become
2-3 18:52
Use props
BPDrone
lvl.1

United States

Major_Nadds Posted at 2-3 08:50
DJI I understand the reason for auto activate of remote ID when using the plus battery due to weight. What is the reason you have removed RID when using smaller battery? I am part 107 and use for work with smaller battery. The Mini 4 is not practical to attach my strobe and a RID module, nor should I need to if RID is on-board. I bought the Mini 4 because it has native RID. What basis is there for taking away a feature that was used to sell the drone?
I don't need or want the larger battery for the missions I do, and it is an unfair and deceptive  business practice to sell with a feature then take away and hold hostage for another fee for a new battery. If this was a mistake, then fix it and issue firmware that leave RID on all of the time regardless of battery. This is the type of thing that deserves a class action lawsuit if not corrected, with the class action seeking a free plus battery or accepting a return and refund since the product does not perform as advertised due to an action you took.

This issue needs to be addressed.  I see no responses from DJI so far.

@DJI Gamora , please address.
2-4 09:34
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152329 ft
United Kingdom

Luckily I haven’t installed the latest firmware so I guess my drone is still remote ID compliant with the original batteries
2-5 03:28
Use props
Marcin.KnD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1838560 ft
Poland

Ok I need an explanation. Mini3 and Mini3pro can have a C1 class. Ok, but will it have a Remote ID on board or I must buy it and attach?
2-7 08:26
Use props
SebH Mini 3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69642 ft
Belgium

Marcin.KnD Posted at 2-7 08:26
Ok I need an explanation. Mini3 and Mini3pro can have a C1 class. Ok, but will it have a Remote ID on board or I must buy it and attach?

Not C1, but C0 it is possible to have label
2-7 09:20
Use props
djiuser_90qZVC10eoXt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 958944 ft
United States

So I have to update to the "Plus" battery in order to have Remote ID now?
2-8 12:52
Use props
djiuser_rsaYaGlCSR49
New
Germany

Hello,
I bought a Mini 3 with RC(Build in Display) Controller yesterday.
I updated everything and made one flight. After that I kept getting an error that the RC Needs to be calibrated. I calibrate it and saw that the right stick showed 9% to the left. I moved the stick but could not reach 100%. Now the number is changing constantly without me moving the stick. Also the movement shown in the display is not fluid, it keeps twitching somehow.
2-11 01:48
Use props
Mark the Lark
lvl.1
United Kingdom

updated the fly app on my Mini 2 se and drone camera won't link to my iPhone 6. fly's but can't connect to aircraft. is iphone too old? help please
2-11 17:07
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mark the Lark Posted at 2-11 17:07
updated the fly app on my Mini 2 se and drone camera won't link to my iPhone 6. fly's but can't connect to aircraft. is iphone too old? help please

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience that it may cause you. May I confirm the current version of the DJI Fly app? May I ask for a screenshot of the app while it's connected to the remote controller? You may sync your flight records, save important files, and re-install the app for further testing. I hope to hear from you soon.
2-13 02:23
Use props
lonestar29
lvl.1
Flight distance : 889193 ft
United States

Regarding the latest firmware on Mini 3 that turns OFF remote ID when using the small battery...  this is problematic for customers who purchased the Mini 3 for commercial purposes and must register and broadcast remote ID regardless of the weight.
Will it be possible to get confirmation on whether DJI will consider making update to firmware to allow operators to re-enable remote ID (regardless which battery is used)?
Maybe a checkbox in the settings that will allow operator preference to keep "remote ID" ON at all times?
2-14 12:38
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

lonestar29 Posted at 2-14 12:38
Regarding the latest firmware on Mini 3 that turns OFF remote ID when using the small battery...  this is problematic for customers who purchased the Mini 3 for commercial purposes and must register and broadcast remote ID regardless of the weight.
Will it be possible to get confirmation on whether DJI will consider making update to firmware to allow operators to re-enable remote ID (regardless which battery is used)?
Maybe a checkbox in the settings that will allow operator preference to keep "remote ID" ON at all times?

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. For this situation, we encourage you to use the Intelligent flight battery plus or external module for flight compliance, if the aircraft will be used for commercial purposes. Rest assured that your feedback will be forwarded to our relevant team for awareness. We thank you for your understanding.
2-15 01:06
Use props
kohlia
lvl.2
France

[view_image]

13/02/2024 still the same only C1 label proposition for Dji mini 3, it makes no sense. Could Dji have an answer to this ? We want a Co label

2-15 05:45
Use props
djiuser_nHWyk5wQswF0
New

United States

Instead of turning off the remote ID unless you use the Intelligent Battery, why not just have a toggle in the app to let the user turn it on or off themselves? Seems like DJI wants to sell more batteries. I bought the mini 3 to fly recreational while I'm working on my part 107. If I install prop guards and a light to make it over 250 g, will that trigger the remote ID?
2-15 07:30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_nHWyk5wQswF0 Posted at 2-15 07:30
Instead of turning off the remote ID unless you use the Intelligent Battery, why not just have a toggle in the app to let the user turn it on or off themselves? Seems like DJI wants to sell more batteries. I bought the mini 3 to fly recreational while I'm working on my part 107. If I install prop guards and a light to make it over 250 g, will that trigger the remote ID?

Hello, there. Thank you for sharing your query with us. Currently, only using the DJI Intelligent flight battery plus will trigger the Remote ID compliance. We will forward your feedback to our corresponding team. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2-20 22:22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules