New DJI Mini 3 Firmware Released (01/25/2024)
12561 52 1-25 22:37
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marco Luz
lvl.1

Portugal

There should be a detailed description of the bug fixes on this last firmware. Without any description, there is no way I will update my firmware...
3-8 11:52
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Marco Luz Posted at 3-8 11:52
There should be a detailed description of the bug fixes on this last firmware. Without any description, there is no way I will update my firmware...

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.  When "fixed some bugs" or "fixed some known issues" is described in the firmware release notes, it is usually to update some regular software running logic or fix some problems that do not affect the use of the product. These have no impact on your use of the product. If it is an important firmware upgrade, engineers will list in the release notes what new features have been added or what user experience has been improved. At this time, it is recommended that you update the firmware in time to get a better experience. Thank you for understanding.
3-10 01:29
Use props
Fuxflight
lvl.1

Norway

The reason Remote ID is only activated with the plus batteries, is because Remote ID is not required per se if your drone is less than 250grams. With the plus batteries your Drone is more than 250g and needs to have Remote ID activated. That is probably the main reason.

The Mini 3 should be classified as a C0 drone with the normal intelligent batteries (drone weight about 249grams, less than 250grams). I am not sure why DJI gives C1 label to this drone.
3-20 23:17
Use props
Piotr Pe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338428 ft
Poland

djiuser_nHWyk5wQswF0 Posted at 2-15 07:30
Instead of turning off the remote ID unless you use the Intelligent Battery, why not just have a toggle in the app to let the user turn it on or off themselves? Seems like DJI wants to sell more batteries. I bought the mini 3 to fly recreational while I'm working on my part 107. If I install prop guards and a light to make it over 250 g, will that trigger the remote ID?

My observations show that RID works mainly on the difference in battery voltage. He can feel the propeller protection, but he certainly won't know how to add additional lighting on his back :/
3-29 00:49
Use props
Piotr Pe
lvl.2
Poland

Fuxflight Posted at 3-20 23:17
The reason Remote ID is only activated with the plus batteries, is because Remote ID is not required per se if your drone is less than 250grams. With the plus batteries your Drone is more than 250g and needs to have Remote ID activated. That is probably the main reason.

The Mini 3 should be classified as a C0 drone with the normal intelligent batteries (drone weight about 249grams, less than 250grams). I am not sure why DJI gives C1 label to this drone.

The current takeoff weight does not matter.In the EU, every C1 class drone must send RID!!!
3-29 00:51
Use props
Piotr Pe
lvl.2
Poland

Piotr Pe Posted at 3-29 00:51
The current takeoff weight does not matter.In the EU, every C1 class drone must send RID!!!

The current takeoff weight does not matter.
In the EU, every C1 class drone must send RID!!!
The drone has a class assigned by the manufacturer. Mini 3, 3 pro, 4 pro are class C0.
DJI informs that obtaining C1 class is irreversible.
3-29 01:04
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Piotr Pe Posted at 3-29 00:49
My observations show that RID works mainly on the difference in battery voltage. He can feel the propeller protection, but he certainly won't know how to add additional lighting on his back :/

Hello there. There is no toggle to disable/enable the RID because it is stipulated in RID-related regulations that manufacturers are prohibited from providing users with any form of methods or tools to disable the RID function. Have a nice day.
3-29 21:51
Use props
jshields67
New
United States

Is there any possibility for a waypoints update to the M3P in the near future? I really need this feature and I am not ready to upgrade to the M4P just to get it. I want to wait for improved sensor before I upgrade. My M3P is in perfect condition and performs perfectly so I have no need to upgrade, but I really need waypoints. Waypoints will result in a much better scene than I can fly manually. It's already in the control for hyperlapse so adding it for normal flight is an easy change.

I have watched videos on the M4P waypoints and it looks awesome, much better than the third party apps (that don't work with the DJI RC) and seems to be much better integrated.

Should we beg? Pay? Start a petition? Please Please Please give us waypoints!
3-29 22:50
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

jshields67 Posted at 3-29 22:50
Is there any possibility for a waypoints update to the M3P in the near future? I really need this feature and I am not ready to upgrade to the M4P just to get it. I want to wait for improved sensor before I upgrade. My M3P is in perfect condition and performs perfectly so I have no need to upgrade, but I really need waypoints. Waypoints will result in a much better scene than I can fly manually. It's already in the control for hyperlapse so adding it for normal flight is an easy change.

I have watched videos on the M4P waypoints and it looks awesome, much better than the third party apps (that don't work with the DJI RC) and seems to be much better integrated.

Hi, jshields67. DJI has not yet announced any plans about adding the Waypoint feature in Mini 3 Pro without using the Hyperlapse. Rest assured your feedback is recorded and will be submitted to the relevant team for evaluation. We deeply appreciate your support.
3-30 02:35
Use props
fethi89dz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25627 ft

Algeria

After i update to this version my Drone become so laggy the video feed is so bad i can't pilot the drone looking at my phone
4-3 08:01
Use props
fethi89dz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25627 ft

Algeria

Benjamin Scott Posted at 1-28 10:30
After this latest update my screen video feed is glitching. anyone else have this problem?

Did you solved the problem? I’m having the same issue
4-3 08:11
Use props
Piotr Pe
lvl.2
Poland

Fuxflight Posted at 3-20 23:17

In my opinion, it is stipulated in the EU that drones with MTOM > 250g are classified as C1. If the drone is class C1, it must send Remote ID.
MTOM is the maximum mass and is different from the take-off mass. The take-off weight cannot exceed the maximum weight
This means that all mini 3, 3pro and 4pro must have RID enabled, regardless of their the take-off mass .
4-15 00:32
Use props
djiuser_1qqZfmFduTQ4
lvl.1

United States

Major_Nadds Posted at 2-3 08:50
DJI I understand the reason for auto activate of remote ID when using the plus battery due to weight. What is the reason you have removed RID when using smaller battery? I am part 107 and use for work with smaller battery. The Mini 4 is not practical to attach my strobe and a RID module, nor should I need to if RID is on-board. I bought the Mini 4 because it has native RID. What basis is there for taking away a feature that was used to sell the drone?
I don't need or want the larger battery for the missions I do, and it is an unfair and deceptive  business practice to sell with a feature then take away and hold hostage for another fee for a new battery. If this was a mistake, then fix it and issue firmware that leave RID on all of the time regardless of battery. This is the type of thing that deserves a class action lawsuit if not corrected, with the class action seeking a free plus battery or accepting a return and refund since the product does not perform as advertised due to an action you took.

I am in the same boat with my mini 3 pro. We should have at lest been given the opion to keep the remote id on or not
5-6 02:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules