12Next >
748 59 1-26 19:24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19198005 ft
United States

This is a couple of images taken during my last mission that i am able to use my DJI mavic3 for security back up for our EMS/police deprtment.  these are the first and last time I can post pics from the mavic3 for my work here in this compacity.
A new USA rule makes it illegal for me to use my dji mavic3 in government evolved missions.  I had to replace my m3 with a a new USA made drone(even though they are really france made) and I choosen the parrot anafi usa sUAV in order to keep my contract. at about 4x the price. It sadly breaks my heart i can not use the m3 for this purpose.

These pictures were taken during a black out in NE Tenneseee  Dec 2023 flying as a eye in the sky back up , before the rule took place 1/2024,Had about 300 images but just chose these 2

The mavic3 was such a great tool for our small community, I am truly sad not to be able to use it in this compacity any longer,  I am only hoping the new parrot will be as successful as my m3 has been

monitoring traffic during the black out

monitoring traffic during the black out

watching over head as back up

watching over head as back up
1-26 19:24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Daft rule there Miss Ivy,    but I thought Parrot also manufactured in China - https://dronesurveyservices.com/where-are-parrot-drones-made/
1-26 23:08
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Completely stupid. Hope they change it or it gets struck down in court...I read that a couple of police forces don't care and just received a bunch of DJI drones anyway...
1-26 23:31
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Such a shame that Politics gets in the way, isn't it.  A friend in France swears by his Parrot Bebop2.
Seen here at our  drone meeting a few years ago. I had the Mavic Pro Platinum at the time.

1-27 00:47
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shots with the M3.    Hope the new drone serves you well also.
1-27 06:05
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-26 23:08
Daft rule there Miss Ivy,    but I thought Parrot also manufactured in China - https://dronesurveyservices.com/where-are-parrot-drones-made/

The Parrot’s Bebop 2 Power Edition is assembled in the USA and that is how they are getting around the ban on Chinese made drones.  
1-27 06:07
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-26 23:08

The one I bough is made in the USA https://www.parrot.com/us/drones/anafi-usa
In had to order it from a authorize dealer as well as the company does not sell them directly.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... WkWyyjrbDqNYk_P5vzU

it was the closest one i could find that was comparable to the M3E at 4x the cost

1-27 06:51
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Depp Posted at 1-26 23:31
Completely stupid. Hope they change it or it gets struck down in court...I read that a couple of police forces don't care and just received a bunch of DJI drones anyway...

I can't go that route unfortunately  
1-27 06:53
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 1-27 00:47
Such a shame that Politics gets in the way, isn't it.  A friend in France swears by his Parrot Bebop2.
Seen here at our  drone meeting a few years ago. I had the Mavic Pro Platinum at the time.

I get mine this Tuesday , I am keeping my figures cross I going to like it as much as my M3
the description and the reviews were really good  and was very close in compared to the M3E
1-27 06:56
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-27 06:05
Great shots with the M3.    Hope the new drone serves you well also.

Thank you my friend
1-27 06:57
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-27 06:07
The Parrot’s Bebop 2 Power Edition is assembled in the USA and that is how they are getting around the ban on Chinese made drones.

That is correct
1-27 06:58
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ms Ivy Posted at 1-27 06:56
I get mine this Tuesday , I am keeping my figures cross I going to like it as much as my M3
the description and the reviews were really good  and was very close in compared to the M3E

I hope you find it satisfactory
1-27 07:04
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 1-27 07:04
I hope you find it satisfactory

Thank you Mr B .
1-27 07:40
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 1-27 06:57
Thank you my friend

My pleasure.  Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
1-28 04:37
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The only reason I knew that was I checked on it for a small nearby town that had received some federal funds and they wanted to be sure it was a legal use of the federal funds.  They don't keep a lawyer on retainer and I know the mayor so I did a little pro bono work for them.
1-28 04:39
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ms Ivy Posted at 1-27 06:51
The one I bough is made in the USA https://www.parrot.com/us/drones/anafi-usa
In had to order it from a authorize dealer as well as the company does not sell them directly.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1783794-REG/parrot_pf728210ba_anafi_usa_thermal_drone.html?ap=y&smp=y&srsltid=AfmBOopySFNY20HhDRm8lc9dGiHLI7jzuK2rNoTFWkWyyjrbDqNYk_P5vzU

Well they certainly seemed certified which is the main thing.  
1-28 06:18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-27 06:07
The Parrot’s Bebop 2 Power Edition is assembled in the USA and that is how they are getting around the ban on Chinese made drones.

That would make more sense,   everything Ive seen seemed to imply they were making the electriconic parts in China and then it all came together in the USA.
1-28 06:19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-28 06:19
That would make more sense,   everything Ive seen seemed to imply they were making the electriconic parts in China and then it all came together in the USA.

Very similar to many cars here.  Parts are from Mexico and various other places but assembled in the USA so they consider that a made in USA car or truck.  
1-28 07:30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-28 07:30
Very similar to many cars here.  Parts are from Mexico and various other places but assembled in the USA so they consider that a made in USA car or truck.

I recall seeing a documentry along the same lines about how cars were imported into India,  same deal and they did the bear minimum they had to to get around the import duties.
1-28 07:42
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-28 07:42
I recall seeing a documentry along the same lines about how cars were imported into India,  same deal and they did the bear minimum they had to to get around the import duties.

There seems to be ways around the import duties in most countries.  I think they source parts from Mexico because of the NAFTA which exempts import duties.  NAFTA includes Canada, USA and Mexico.
1-28 08:16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-28 08:16
There seems to be ways around the import duties in most countries.  I think they source parts from Mexico because of the NAFTA which exempts import duties.  NAFTA includes Canada, USA and Mexico.

I saw a news item a couple of years ago where they used the inside of those cars to bring narcotics over the boarder,    gave me a little bit of a laugh to be honest.  
1-30 00:15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-30 00:15
I saw a news item a couple of years ago where they used the inside of those cars to bring narcotics over the boarder,    gave me a little bit of a laugh to be honest.

I remember a sailor bought a new car in San Diego, CA at a dealership.  He took it back to the base and stopped at security to get a gate pass.  While inside getting his gate pass one of the K9s alerted on his car.  Security came and took his brand new car apart.  They couldn't visually find anything.  They sent another  K9 for a 2nd scent test.  2nd dog alerted again.  They finally found bagged cocaine inside the spare tire.  The only finger prints on the spare tire didn't belong to the sailor so he luckily was not charged.  Just goes to show where things are hidden.  
1-30 12:36
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-30 12:36
I remember a sailor bought a new car in San Diego, CA at a dealership.  He took it back to the base and stopped at security to get a gate pass.  While inside getting his gate pass one of the K9s alerted on his car.  Security came and took his brand new car apart.  They couldn't visually find anything.  They sent another  K9 for a 2nd scent test.  2nd dog alerted again.  They finally found bagged cocaine inside the spare tire.  The only finger prints on the spare tire didn't belong to the sailor so he luckily was not charged.  Just goes to show where things are hidden.

wow.  Someone in the plant must have been in a lot of trouble for loosing that.
1-30 23:58
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-30 23:58
wow.  Someone in the plant must have been in a lot of trouble for loosing that.

Yeah, no doubt whoever was supposed to retrieve the package before the car got sold failed at their job.  
1-31 04:18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-31 04:18
Yeah, no doubt whoever was supposed to retrieve the package before the car got sold failed at their job.

Reminds me of my new years day find.  
1-31 04:42
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5018169 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's disgusting what our govt. is railroading into legislation in the U.S. There are no viable alternatives for work. How are you finding the Anafi? I have been looking at Skydio and Anafi and don't know what to do.
1-31 06:27
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-31 06:27
It's disgusting what our govt. is railroading into legislation in the U.S. There are no viable alternatives for work. How are you finding the Anafi? I have been looking at Skydio and Anafi and don't know what to do.

I just got my parrot anafi yesterday and have not had a chance to fly it yet.  I have been reading through the instructions though and have learned much more about it  . I bought the thermal parrot because i thought it more useful for the type work i do . with the 56 min battieres  and I bought a few accessories like the thermal light kit and  the water proof turtle hard shell case.

I learned the parrot is also rain resistant and can fly in hard rain & temps at -20 degree has a range of 12Mi,  It is Level6 wind resistant up to 45- 50mph. that will be extremely useful when doing weather related infrastructure inspects at these small municipal airports. checking for standing water and drainage issues.
I bought the kit at B&h photo and the whole thing with extras I bought was just under $9000. the drone kit was $7300 it self. But beware the extra battiers are $399 each
The drone is just a bit smaller in size than the M3E but the design is very similar.

I was offered from the company a 3 year support package which included a extended repair warranty if i need it repaired for any reason . you'll be offered that extended warranty only after you have purchased the drone & registered with Parrot USA company.

I will tell you the first thing is the cost was way more than I wanted pay,& wil force me to work harder to get more contracts  to pay it off.  but my other option was the Autel I was looking at , & it did not appear to measure up for my needs or capibilities . I will post some pictures and videos once i get in the air of my test flights . As I not allowed under contract to post pics when flying goverment/city contracted missions.
1-31 07:18
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5018169 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 1-31 07:18
I just got my parrot anafi yesterday and have not had a chance to fly it yet.  I have been reading through the instructions though and have learned much more about it  . I bought the thermal parrot because i thought it more useful for the type work i do . with the 56 min battieres  and I bought a few accessories like the thermal light kit and  the water proof turtle hard shell case.

I learned the parrot is also rain resistant and can fly in hard rain & temps at -20 degree has a range of 12Mi,  It is Level6 wind resistant up to 45- 50mph. that will be extremely useful when doing weather related infrastructure inspects at these small municipal airports. checking for standing water and drainage issues.

That's the boat I'm in. I do lots of photo and video work. Started doing inspections and road work and It's time to buy an enterprise drone. I'm afraid to pull the trigger with all the legislation coming down the pike. I was going to start with a 3E but not sure what to do now. I don't have direct Govt. contracts yet.  Not happy with the pricing on alternative products here. Looked at Skydio and Anafi. Not sure what to do here.
1-31 10:59
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

I feel you my friend.  This rule change has been eating me up for the last month , but I think I made a good choice with the parrot ANAFI usa . I liked the the Skydio, but it was just way to much money for the one they have offered that was DOD NDAA approved around$12,000 for the basic kit, and the reviews on the suport had me worried so I just could not justify it  , Autel has a enterprise drone https://www.rmus.com/products/au ... dles-thermal-and-6k for about $2800 plus extra's  and i almost went with it over the parrot because of cost was so much cheaper. But that old saying you get what you pay for kept coming to mind. and when you compare the 2 drones side by side the parrot does a lot more.

As I said I feel you because I was the same way as you are now in decided what to do on purchasing a new drone and was not sure what direction i should go in and i found this website https://advexure.com/pages/ndaa-compliant-blue-uas that help me find a NDAA blue/green compliant drone , the one i chose was blue label for military which will cover me for everything. But only came with 2 - 35 min batteries, so I bought 2 more of the the bigger 56 min batteries at $399 each.

Its ridiculous that USA enterprise drones cost about 4x more than the DJI M3E-T  flymore,  so its going to hurt no matter what you get to be NDAA compliant, So you will really have to do some research on which one of these label drones will fit your needs best.
Best of Luck
1-31 12:01
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-31 04:42
Reminds me of my new years day find.

I've been wondering what you had found.  
1-31 16:02
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-31 16:02
I've been wondering what you had found.

I thought Id mentioned it.  I'll PM you.  
2-1 01:05
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-1 01:05
I thought Id mentioned it.  I'll PM you.

PM read.  Quite the story.
2-1 04:00
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-1 04:00
PM read.  Quite the story.

Lol.  Indeed,  Did I mention that I found a boat yesterday?
2-1 04:48
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-1 04:48
Lol.  Indeed,  Did I mention that I found a boat yesterday?

I hadn't heard that story yet.  Were you using a metal detector or a drone for searching?  
2-1 12:50
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-1 12:50
I hadn't heard that story yet.  Were you using a metal detector or a drone for searching?

Niether,  just walking.  it had washed up.   I contacted the local yacht club but they dont think it's one of theirs.
2-2 03:09
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-2 03:09
Niether,  just walking.  it had washed up.   I contacted the local yacht club but they dont think it's one of theirs. [view_image]

That's an interesting find.  No doubt it got loose from where it was supposed to be.  Small enough to be used off a boat.  
2-2 04:07
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-2 04:07
That's an interesting find.  No doubt it got loose from where it was supposed to be.  Small enough to be used off a boat.

That sort is used for racing here,  usually by teenagers from what Ive seen.   
2-2 06:32
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-2 06:32
That sort is used for racing here,  usually by teenagers from what Ive seen.

It is a pretty sleek design so no doubt it would work for racing.
2-2 17:27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-2 17:27
It is a pretty sleek design so no doubt it would work for racing.

Sadly it's not been claimed yet,    shame it didnt wash up with its mast and trolly really.  
2-3 02:32
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 02:32
Sadly it's not been claimed yet,    shame it didnt wash up with its mast and trolly really.

Looks like you might be the new owner if nobody comes forward to claim it.  
2-3 13:47
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules