465 35 1-27 05:04
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The 1st pool session for this year and i managed to roll the kayak (56seconds) twice, sadly i forgot to turn the camera back on for the 2nd roll
Side note; I was practising the roll a couple of times last year and managed to roll i think 4 times all in, so to do 2 out of 2 tries is very good for me

The second video is playing at a weir. Hopefully, the standard of kayaking will improve and the same goes for the editing too lol I will be hitting Lee Valley for another course later in the year, and hoping to get some footage of that, you will see me swimming that's for sure, well, FPV anyway, lol

1-27 05:04
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool footage at the pool.    Glad you nailed the roll.

While playing at the weir where did you have the camera mounted?
1-27 06:12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-27 06:12
Cool footage at the pool.    Glad you nailed the roll.

While playing at the weir where did you have the camera mounted?

Thank you, its what ive been wanting to do since i started back up again year last Autumn, doing it whilst in a moving cold current will be a completely different matter mind lol

I had it mounted on my helmet, i also used a plastic-covered cable attached to the camera screw and connected the other end to the helmet strap using a 5mm D shackle.
1-27 07:17
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5039731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like fun.
1-27 15:38
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is very much so
1-27 18:05
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5039731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 1-27 18:05
It is very much so

Keep the videos coming. Looking forward to it.
1-27 18:22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you, i will try, oh and i didn't realise that you couldn't  view the 1st on here (YT only), I've now rectified that
1-27 22:01
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fun to watch.
1-28 00:41
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 1-27 07:17
Thank you, its what ive been wanting to do since i started back up again year last Autumn, doing it whilst in a moving cold current will be a completely different matter mind lol

I had it mounted on my helmet, i also used a plastic-covered cable attached to the camera screw and connected the other end to the helmet strap using a 5mm D shackle.

Thanks for sharing how you had the camera mounted.  Hope you are having a great weekend.
1-28 04:40
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Shame the camera died,  Im curious how you got through that bridge.  
1-28 07:19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-28 04:40
Thanks for sharing how you had the camera mounted.  Hope you are having a great weekend.

Ya welcome and thanks, you too
1-28 07:54
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-28 07:19
Shame the camera died,  Im curious how you got through that bridge.

Ha, no, we dont, jwe ust go up to it and have a play then scoot back to the start, much faster going back lol

Just come back from there today, the wave was bigger and i managed to get further in, scary, nerve-racking but great fun
1-28 07:56
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-28 07:56
Ha, no, we dont, jwe ust go up to it and have a play then scoot back to the start, much faster going back lol

Just come back from there today, the wave was bigger and i managed to get further in, scary, nerve-racking but great fun

haha,   I assume you went through.   
1-28 07:59
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-28 07:59
haha,   I assume you went through.

Certainly not upstream, flowing too fast but we could go down it but its a lot of messing about getting out, dragging the boats up the bank and crossing the road then dropping back in, too much like hard work lol

FYI, i love shooting down the weirs, but only if its on the way

You have the Action 3? do you face issues with it overheating?
1-28 08:09
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 1-28 07:54
Ya welcome and thanks, you too

Thanks Bashy.  Too windy again today to fly so I'm taking my AR-15 to the outdoor rifle range and sight in a new scope I just got.  Should make for an interesting afternoon.
1-28 08:27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-28 08:09
Certainly not upstream, flowing too fast but we could go down it but its a lot of messing about getting out, dragging the boats up the bank and crossing the road then dropping back in, too much like hard work lol

FYI, i love shooting down the weirs, but only if its on the way

I dont.  I have the Pocket 3,  not issues with over heating,  I did an 11 hour shoot the other night with no issues.  
1-28 08:30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-28 08:27
Thanks Bashy.  Too windy again today to fly so I'm taking my AR-15 to the outdoor rifle range and sight in a new scope I just got.  Should make for an interesting afternoon.

Oh wow, i wish we could do that over here, since Dumblane, guns were pretty much banned Have fun
1-28 08:35
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-28 08:30
I dont.  I have the Pocket 3,  not issues with over heating,  I did an 11 hour shoot the other night with no issues.

Damn, thats good, probably helps with the camera off the main body, i was aware that they overheat but not as bad as GoPro's, but i didn't expect them to be as bad as it is, pretty much means that shooting in a decent quality is a no go a a decent length of time, you wouldnt get an hour of 4k100fps D-Log/10bit in .h264, i got about 40 minutes in 3C, go figure lol
1-28 08:39
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 1-28 08:35
Oh wow, i wish we could do that over here, since Dumblane, guns were pretty much banned  Have fun

Sorry to hear that.  There is always a group trying to ban guns here but at least the Constitution gives us the right to bear arms so until they amend the Constitution we can have them.  I grew up on a large farm and have always been around firearms so I know how to use them safely, how to clean and maintain them properly.  No doubt some people shouldn't have guns but that's a whole other discussion that we don't need to get into.

1-28 08:41
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-28 08:41
Sorry to hear that.  There is always a group trying to ban guns here but at least the Constitution gives us the right to bear arms so until they amend the Constitution we can have them.  I grew up on a large farm and have always been around firearms so I know how to use them safely, how to clean and maintain them properly.  No doubt some people shouldn't have guns but that's a whole other discussion that we don't need to get into.

It's probably a good idea anyway, I'd only shoot myself lol
1-28 09:16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 1-28 09:16
It's probably a good idea anyway, I'd only shoot myself lol

Hope you have a great week.
1-29 03:11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-28 08:39
Damn, thats good, probably helps with the camera off the main body, i was aware that they overheat but not as bad as GoPro's, but i didn't expect them to be as bad as it is, pretty much means that shooting in a decent quality is a no go a a decent length of time, you wouldnt get an hour of 4k100fps D-Log/10bit in .h264, i got about 40 minutes in 3C, go figure lol

40 minutes would be really disappointing for me.    Have you added the "heat test" config item to disable the over heat protection for EU?
1-30 00:15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-30 00:15
40 minutes would be really disappointing for me.    Have you added the "heat test" config item to disable the over heat protection for EU?

Yes, it does last a bit longer with that on the card.

It is annoying, especially when it happened in cold conditions, 3C.
When at the pool i kept checking it and i had to keep holding it underwater to cool it down

in 1080/60 h.264 on Sunday, it lasted till the battery died, 112 minutes, thats workable, at least i don't have to use proxies lol, plus, even at that quality, it still out performs the cheaper action cameras, you can see the difference on my older kayaking videos
1-30 04:27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Heres sommat that will bake ya noodle

1-30 04:36
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-30 04:36
Heres sommat that will bake ya noodle

[view_image]

Maybe they number from 0.
1-30 04:40
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-30 04:27
Yes, it does last a bit longer with that on the card.

It is annoying, especially when it happened in cold conditions, 3C.

Oh. I thought that was supposed to make a big difference from what id seen online.
1-30 04:40
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-30 04:40
Maybe they number from 0.

Pass lol, what i make from that is that this is an Action 3 in new clothing and a transfusion
1-30 04:42
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-30 04:40
Oh. I thought that was supposed to make a big difference from what id seen online.

I suppose its subjective, it all depends on external temps, how its mounted and what its set too.

I would have to do a test, with and without the config and on the highest quality (so it doesn't take too long lol) I will let you know...
1-30 04:44
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-30 04:42
Pass lol, what i make from that is that this is an Action 3 in new clothing and a transfusion

So it's a wolf in sheep's clothing eh,  which reminds me of the dead goat I found yesterday on Cromer beach of all places.  
1-30 04:53
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-30 04:53
So it's a wolf in sheep's clothing eh,  which reminds me of the dead goat I found yesterday on Cromer beach of all places.

Or a sheep in wolfs...

Ew, poor thing, strange place, perhaps escaped or discarded to run free

1st test done, prior to overheating it lasted for 43 minutes 05 seconds, settings as follows;

• sat on the counter at room temp of 17C,
  • 4k/120
  • D-Log/10bit
  • RS+
  • everything else as standard
  • battery with 45 minutes left

Starting the 4k/60 now... and then i will do a 1080/30

The only caveat is that none at the batteries have completed 10 charges, although I'm not sure if that applies to these?
1-30 07:01
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The 4k/60 used up the battery, taking 87m 08s with the settings as above. That is certainly workable, would mean one battery change but would need to cool it down, downside there is, if i take it to the Lee Valley White Water Center, i would be wasting time and money waiting for it to cool down, also, as the temp in this test was about 17.5C, during the warmer months, it may not last and overheat. I do have some testing to do during the next pool session, its somewhere between 25C and 30C in that building.

Change of plan, the 1080 will be done at the lowest settings to see how close to the 160 minutes we can get.

Ok, 1080/24 on the lowest of the low settings with everything off (that includes RS too) at 17.5C for 146m and 16s, whats that nearly 2.5hrs? not too shabby for only tripod work.
Again, I'm not sure if the 10x charges apply to these batteries, if so, then these timings should improve.
1-30 19:05
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have finally done a test with and without the config file

• 4k/60
  • D-Log/10bit
  • RS (previous tests were RS+ and no overheating)
  • HVEC
  • everything else is standard
  • Overheated at 80m 44s
  • 10% battery remaining.
  • heat test crackconfig file is used.
  • The ambient is marginally higher at 18.2ºC than previous tests, could that have accounted for the overheating this time around because i doubt it was the difference between RS and RS+

The exact same test but without the heat test config file and it ran at 75m 55s, that's nearly 5 minutes (in case ya as bad as me at math :p ) less for the UK/EU, the only thing i did differently was on the 1st test, i checked touched the screen to activate to check the timer, i didn't do that on the last run.

I waited 30 minutes between tests, with the battery removed and both compartments left open, the camera sat on a cold windowsill behind the curtain, its was 100 cooled down.

2-7 21:49
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 2-7 21:49
I have finally done a test with and without the config file

Hardy made a difference then,    shame.
2-7 22:14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-7 22:14
Hardy made a difference then,    shame.

Yeah, not much, but then if it was a drone, that would be an age lol

Something i have just found out though...

I just repeated the test in the post above with the heat test config and with RS+ and i got the same result as a while back, the battery ran out (83m 32s), no overheating, so RS+ has better endurance than RS, go figure!
2-7 23:27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see!
2-25 09:26
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer