o(^-^)o
RuSchristian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7310331 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi,

I am experiencing an annoying bug with the current update Mavic 3 Pro Cine:

MF mode in photo or video. After restarting the drone, the 70mm cameras focus distance setting is off and not the same as before shutdown. This is an unsual behavior: both the 24mm and the 166mm seem to stay at my usual (infinity) setting while the 70mm camera doesnt.

This has ruined half a days work and got me to revise my preflight checklist again checking the correct focus and or turning on focus highlighting.

If you could have a look into this and possibly resolve...
1-27 07:23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Is there any reason you don't use auto focus?
1-27 13:35
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Is there any reason you don't check focus before taking a picture? Seems to me that is mandatory.
1-27 14:28
Use props
RuSchristian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7310331 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

I use the drone in a live stream event. With the simultaneous error of a visible focus peaking and highlight zebras in the transmission (in the seperate topic), I need to turn off those helpers for the HDMI out to stay truely clean. I need to trust a focus setting just like i trusted it with the Inspire before.

With the 24mm and 166mm lense, this is no issue. I see no reason for the 70mm to behave different.  
1-27 23:17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry to hear about this situation. Please allow us to confirm this phenomenon to our relevant team for further checking.
1-28 03:21
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yup, out of curiosity, I just checked mine and you have indeed found a bug. After turning on manual focus (MF) on all 3 cameras and setting each to infinity, the 24 and 166 do indeed keep the infinity focus but the 70 does not! It stays in MF but not at infinity! I verified that this only happens when shutting off/restarting the drone but not if shutting off/restarting either the remote or just the fly app...So until they (DJI) fix this bug, we'll just have to watch that particular setting during pre-flight (esp if doing a quick battery change, etc) if using that particular camera and focus setting! Thank You for bringing that issue up...Lets hope DJI finds and corrects it.
1-29 05:43
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-28 03:21
Hello, there. Sorry to hear about this situation. Please allow us to confirm this phenomenon to our relevant team for further checking.

This does appear to be a verifiable bug....After turning on manual focus (MF) on all 3 cameras and setting each to infinity, the 24 and 166 do indeed keep the infinity focus but the 70 does not! It stays in MF but not at infinity! I verified that this only happens when shutting off/restarting the drone but not if shutting off/restarting either the remote or just the fly app...
1-29 05:45
Use props
AZonline
lvl.4
Flight distance : 971362 ft
  • >>>
United States

jmb63 Posted at 1-29 05:43
Yup, out of curiosity, I just checked mine and you have indeed found a bug. After turning on manual focus (MF) on all 3 cameras and setting each to infinity, the 24 and 166 do indeed keep the infinity focus but the 70 does not! It stays in MF but not at infinity! I verified that this only happens when shutting off/restarting the drone but not if shutting off/restarting either the remote or just the fly app...So until they (DJI) fix this bug, we'll just have to watch that particular setting during pre-flight (esp if doing a quick battery change, etc) if using that particular camera and focus setting! Thank You for bringing that issue up...Lets hope DJI finds and corrects it.

I can also confirm that mines is doing the same thing and both the drone and controller are running on the latest available firmware. DJI should take a look into this issue.
1-29 09:52
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Update: We've received the feedback from our engineers and the phenomenon has been confirmed. Our corresponding team is striving to provide optimizations regarding this behavior shortly. We would like to thank you all for providing this feedback to us. Please stay tuned to our official website for future updates. Cheers
2-2 22:52
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

jmb63 Posted at 1-29 05:45
This does appear to be a verifiable bug....After turning on manual focus (MF) on all 3 cameras and setting each to infinity, the 24 and 166 do indeed keep the infinity focus but the 70 does not! It stays in MF but not at infinity! I verified that this only happens when shutting off/restarting the drone but not if shutting off/restarting either the remote or just the fly app...

Hi, there. Thank you for your input. Please be advised that we've reported this situation to our relevant team. For the latest update, you may refer to the post #9. Thank you for your understanding.
2-2 22:53
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AZonline Posted at 1-29 09:52
I can also confirm that mines is doing the same thing and both the drone and controller are running on the latest available firmware. DJI should take a look into this issue.

Hello, there. Thank you for your additional input on this matter. You may refer to the post #9 regarding this phenomenon. We thank you for your understanding and support.
2-2 22:56
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-2 22:53
Hi, there. Thank you for your input. Please be advised that we've reported this situation to our relevant team. For the latest update, you may refer to the post #9. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank You for your attention to this weird concern. Hopefully, a fix wil be coming soon.
2-3 03:52
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

jmb63 Posted at 2-3 03:52
Thank You for your attention to this weird concern. Hopefully, a fix wil be coming soon.

You're most welcome. We do appreciate your understanding and please pay attention to our official website for future updates.
2-7 01:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules