Propeller ends coming off
602 15 1-27 11:01
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Hi, am I the only one experiencing the issue where the orange tips or the propellers that are rubber are randomly coming off in flight?
It won't cause a crash or anything, just something annoying, and I replace the prop because of that.
1-27 11:01
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1099068 ft
United States

The only situation where I saw some have this issue was due to the way they were storing the aircraft. They were getting rubbed off because contact was made against something in their case. I’m kind of a perfectionist so I am always careful with any of my drones especially when storing them in any hard case or soft carrying case. I also use a soft silicone prop holder on both my drones to keep them from flipping around or moving. I like that they fit loosely around the props and don’t put any stress on the them like many of the hard plastic prop holders. Something to be aware of and with very little extra time you can make sure there is nothing which could rub off the coating  while placing them into a case or once stored. So far I’ve had no problem with my Air 3 prop coating rubbing or coming off whether when storing it or after any flight. This has been asked about before so maybe DJI can change the process so it's more durable in the future.  Enjoy.
1-27 12:32
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not seeing that on my Air 3.  How are you storing the drone when not flying?  Could be the prop tips are rubbing against something.  
1-28 07:13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"just something annoying", it's more than that, it will cause an imbalance of the prop and vibrations, in terms of the resulting vibration the outer tip is the worst possible place to lose some mass.
1-28 14:29
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1099068 ft
United States

I agree if they’re that bad then replace them and just be careful when handling the drone especially when storing it. My silicone prop holder does help in keeping them from being damaged. I’d suggest purchasing that type of prop holder which was only about $11 on Amazon. Just another inexpensive accessory for your drone.
1-28 15:38
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. We're sorry to hear about this situation. Before each flight, it's recommended to check whether the propellers are cracked, damaged, misshapen, or corroded. If they are, replace them to avoid mishaps. We thank you for your support.
1-29 01:00
Use props
Jackvg83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 382073 ft
Netherlands

I have also a question about storing the drone in a hardcase. I have a feeling that, when folded, the propellors can scratch the downward infrared/laser sensor at anytime. Anyone else noticed this too? I was thinking of buying a prop holder, but i think then they may pushed extra towards the sensor.
2-1 14:11
Use props
Captain-Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11811788 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I too am experiencing this, the tips have come off four of my props. I check them before and after each trip and have so far replaced four props. I put a new one on yesterday just before a flight on on it's return the end was missing again. The flights were normal and without collision or contact with anything. Hand caught at the end of the flight and took off from flat and level ground. I just wonder if there is a bad batch where the glue is not good?!!!
2-2 12:27
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-28 07:13
I'm not seeing that on my Air 3.  How are you storing the drone when not flying?  Could be the prop tips are rubbing against something.

I'm storing it in the fly more combo bag, and also on my shelf.
2-4 15:04
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Yaros1 Posted at 2-4 15:04
I'm storing it in the fly more combo bag, and also on my shelf.

Sounds like a bad batch of props got through DJI's QA check.  I use a prop holder when I put it in my hard case, otherwise it sits on my desk.  
2-5 04:02
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-5 04:02
Sounds like a bad batch of props got through DJI's QA check.  I use a prop holder when I put it in my hard case, otherwise it sits on my desk.

Yup, this is what I thought as well.
For now my new props are holding up pretty well!
2-5 11:45
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

It definitely sounds like a bad batch of props. I fly still the first set of props that were used in all kinds of weather like sub zero temperatures...
2-6 02:04
Use props
RAYMARO
lvl.3

Spain

material defectuoso
2-6 03:37
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Yaros1 Posted at 2-5 11:45
Yup, this is what I thought as well.
For now my new props are holding up pretty well!

Great to hear the new props are holding up much better than the original ones.  Hope you have no further issues with props.  

The good news is the Air 3 props are so much easier to change that the screw on props with the Mini series drones.
2-6 11:15
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-6 11:15
Great to hear the new props are holding up much better than the original ones.  Hope you have no further issues with props.  

The good news is the Air 3 props are so much easier to change that the screw on props with the Mini series drones.

Yes, I feel like the Air 3 is the first drone without issues since the release of the Mavic 2.
Every drone after that was flawed in some way or another… DJI Air 3 is really great, and I don't see any significant problems!
2-6 12:10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Yaros1 Posted at 2-6 12:10
Yes, I feel like the Air 3 is the first drone without issues since the release of the Mavic 2.
Every drone after that was flawed in some way or another… DJI Air 3 is really great, and I don't see any significant problems!

I'm really enjoying the Air 3 and the dual cameras.  
2-6 15:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules