Loud warning sounds, no lights!
1042 11 2015-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kristofer
New

Norway

Tried to fly my PS3 after upgrade, got IMU warning and need to calibrate, then when I turned it off and on again, it started beeping at maximum level. Far louder than the normal upgrade sounds. There are no lights on craft except the little red light on the gimbal.
The loud sound starts as a series of single beeps, but after a time it splits slowly to a double beep.
Nothing seems to work, no idea as to what can be done. Tried new upgrade, to turn off and on, wait 30 minutes before turning on, and searching the web of clues.
Nothing has helped so far. Hope someone can help.
2015-9-9
Use props
hbrand2000
New

United States

I'm having the exact same problem right now.  i was chatting with tech support, they had me try a few thigs to no avail.  I must have stumped them because the haven't replied in about 20 min.  If you get it figured out, please post it here.  I'll do the same.
2015-9-9
Use props
kristofer
New

Norway

hbrand2000 Posted at 2015-9-9 22:35
I'm having the exact same problem right now.  i was chatting with tech support, they had me try a fe ...

Good to see there are others with the same issue. I´ll let you know if I find a solution.
2015-9-10
Use props
hbrand2000
New

United States

kristofer Posted at 2015-9-11 04:59
Good to see there are others with the same issue. I´ll let you know if I find a solution.

I went through a bunch of stuff with tech support yesterday and they eventually told me I'll have to send it in....
2015-9-10
Use props
ps3097
lvl.1

United States

This happened to me after a firmware update. I just put the firmware on the SD card again put it in the Phantom and left it in a far away room for like an hour and a half. When I came back it had stopped the loud beeping and the new firmware had loaded and I was back to normal.
2015-9-10
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

ps3097 Posted at 2015-9-11 08:50
This happened to me after a firmware update. I just put the firmware on the SD card again but it in  ...

Nice and simple way,  I hope it will work for Kristofer as well. If not , you really will have to send us your aircraft.
2015-9-10
Use props
smitty58
New

United States

I just had this issue and with my luck on a Saturday and no one to talk to. No matter what I do there are no lights just the loud beeping sound and the copter does not respond to the RC. I have to say tech support from DJI is pretty bad. Not sure what I can do with this now
2015-9-12
Use props
smitty58
New

United States

I just had this issue and with my luck on a Saturday and no one to talk to. No matter what I do there are no lights just the loud beeping sound and the copter does not respond to the RC. I have to say tech support from DJI is pretty bad. Not sure what I can do with this now
2015-9-12
Use props
smitty58
New

United States

Just wanted to post that I tried PS3097 idea and now my drone is back to normal. I put in the sd card with the update and left it running and within 45 minutes the lights returned and it sounded normal. I test flew it up to 50 feet and it performed ok.
2015-9-12
Use props
kristofer
New

Norway

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-11 09:23
Nice and simple way,  I hope it will work for Kristofer as well. If not , you really will have to s ...

I have now tried letting the PS3 beep for some time, as suggested. It may have worked. Just need to wait for a day without rain to have a test flight. It's not beeping anymore, so that's something.
2015-9-13
Use props
kristofer
New

Norway

hbrand2000 Posted at 2015-9-11 01:11
I went through a bunch of stuff with tech support yesterday and they eventually told me I'll have  ...

I tried what you suggested. It seems to have helped. I'll just have to wait for sunny day to have a test flight. I'll let you know how it went.
2015-9-13
Use props
scott.terna
New

United States

Newbie pilot here. Been flying for a week now and no problems until my P3 just seemed it wasn't responsive in flight and ended up crashing into a bush. Lost two of the plastic "screws" that hold the gamble plate and shocks together and have experienced the same long beeps and no flashing lights like described in this thread. I took an iPhone video and will post here. Comments welcome and appreciated.
https://youtu.be/GZYDwwsncRQ
For some reason if you clink the link above it doesn't take you to the video but if you copy and past it into a new window it does. Also don't cofuse the interferene noise with the drone beeps in the video.
2015-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules