RC2 HDMI Out Not Working Properly
609 16 1-27 21:45
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rosewell Flyer
lvl.2

United States

I bought a USB C to HDMI cable for my RC2, but it is only giving me a much lower resolution output and it won't go fullscreen on the tv and monitor I tested it with.
I tried the same cable with my phone USB C port and the HDMI video works great.

Any tips here?

I'm really blown away that the RC2 can't just stream the video wirelessly to my phone or tablet screen.  It's so bizarre that I can setup the RC2 to livestream to Youtube (via my phone hotspot), but I can't simply view the live video on my phone.  This seems like such an obvious feature to have in the DJI Fly app.
1-27 21:45
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for the feedback and sorry for the inconvenience. Please know that the DJI RC 2 does not have HDMI input, nor has it been officially advertised to support HDMI output. The output feature has not undergone a compatibility test, using the RC 2 for HDMI output may result in unstable transmission or stuttering. We've taken your feedback seriously. Thank you for your understanding.
1-28 03:18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why not just use Youtube Live stream to watch on another device?
1-28 07:27
Use props
Rosewell Flyer
lvl.2

United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-28 07:27
Why not just use Youtube Live stream to watch on another device?

So if I'm in the field, I run a high bandwidth upload to Youtube, then run a high bandwidth download from Youtube to get it back on the screen that is 4ft from my RC2?  
I don't have unlimited cell data and even if I did, I could easily be in locations where I don't have a good enough tower connection.
1-28 20:52
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rosewell Flyer Posted at 1-28 20:52
So if I'm in the field, I run a high bandwidth upload to Youtube, then run a high bandwidth download from Youtube to get it back on the screen that is 4ft from my RC2?  
I don't have unlimited cell data and even if I did, I could easily be in locations where I don't have a good enough tower connection.

Alternatively you could spend thousands and buy a drone and a controller with those features.  
1-30 00:25
Use props
Rosewell Flyer
lvl.2

United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-30 00:25
Alternatively you could spend thousands and buy a drone and a controller with those features.

The point is, the existing hardware is fully capable of doing this.  I just can't believe DJI hasn't implemented it as a feature.  Seems like a huge loss in possible functionality.
1-30 22:22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rosewell Flyer Posted at 1-30 22:22
The point is, the existing hardware is fully capable of doing this.  I just can't believe DJI hasn't implemented it as a feature.  Seems like a huge loss in possible functionality.

Just like many products,   my car is capable of going much faster than it can because the manufacturer added an artificial limit to its top speed.   
1-30 23:54
Use props
AccXess
lvl.1

Indonesia

DAFlys Posted at 1-30 00:25

Yes, anyone "could" have, however a clean feed to YouTube means it's available in the device, just not in a local USB output as an option...

Imagine how simple it could be in settings: Video Output: 1. Camera Feed Only 2. Full controller screen - One Checkbox. Many happy users! (me included)

AND one less belligerent & unhelpful forum poster with nothing positive to add to the conversation.
2-12 08:57
Use props
mag200181
lvl.1

United States

My hdmi output doesn't work at all and I see so many people using it yet dji support says it doesn't work so I'm totally lost but I know it works from so many videos and different forums I think I might have a bad port please someone help or maybe give me things to try. I've tried 4 adapters usb c ro hdmi usb c to usb c usb c to hdmi straight cables I've tried nreal glasses. Tv l, a monitor even a capture card with android nothing works so I'm lost ar what to try next any help would be much appreciated thank you in advance
3-23 20:09
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

mag200181 Posted at 3-23 20:09
My hdmi output doesn't work at all and I see so many people using it yet dji support says it doesn't work so I'm totally lost but I know it works from so many videos and different forums I think I might have a bad port please someone help or maybe give me things to try. I've tried 4 adapters usb c ro hdmi usb c to usb c usb c to hdmi straight cables I've tried nreal glasses. Tv l, a monitor even a capture card with android nothing works so I'm lost ar what to try next any help would be much appreciated thank you in advance

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Other users have commented that it can be achieved with USB-C to HDMI/DP adapters. However, we have not tested relevant accessories therefore we cannot guarantee the stability. You may test it to see the result. Please note that DJI RC 2 does not support HDMI pure camera image output (Liveview Only). (Namely, OSD information is hidden when using the HDMI output). Hope this helps.
3-23 21:04
Use props
MosquitoPics
lvl.1
Flight distance : 413192 ft
Switzerland

Hi there! Wireless live video on phone or even better tablet e.g. via the DJI Fly app would be very welcome for me too!
3-24 00:30
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

mag200181 Posted at 3-23 20:09

Consistency is important! First connect the cable to RC 2 only then turn on the remote control
3-24 06:54
Use props
fans46194d24
lvl.1

United States

Thank you. I did try all scenarios.
Plugging in two monitor then r c turn on Monitor then RC also in reverse with different cables. Different adapters. I just ordered some adapters.
With a true display port, maybe that'll work.  Thank you please let me know
3-24 07:29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

MosquitoPics Posted at 3-24 00:30
Hi there! Wireless live video on phone or even better tablet e.g. via the DJI Fly app would be very welcome for me too!

Hi there. We appreciate your valuable feedback. Rest assured that we will continue to record this suggestion and make sure to reach out to our relevant team for future consideration. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your understanding and support.
3-24 18:58
Use props
mickrose555
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8842 ft
Switzerland

on a side note: a simple USB-C to HDMI OUT works on my RC-2 but! -> Resolution is lower than 1080/FullHD! So with a worse resolution than the RC-2 (Screen Resolution 1920×1080) it's kind of useless. (tried from a PC monitor and a 4K TV: identical)
4-4 04:11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

mickrose555 Posted at 4-4 04:11
on a side note: a simple USB-C to HDMI OUT works on my RC-2 but! -> Resolution is lower than 1080/FullHD! So with a worse resolution than the RC-2 (Screen Resolution 1920×1080) it's kind of useless. (tried from a PC monitor and a 4K TV: identical)

Hi there. Thank you for sharing the test that you have conducted. Please note that we haven't tested the said feature therefore using the DJI RC 2 for HDMI output may result in unstable transmission or stuttering. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, feel free to contact us. We appreciate your understanding and support.
4-4 22:28
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

I am getting max resolution of 480p. Was anyone able to get 1080p to work?
4-10 11:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules