FPV: Traitors UK S2
239 10 1-28 03:50
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

I didn't watch the first series, but I got completely drawn into the second series....

As well as the captivating mins games, something else that grabbed me was the brilliant FPV drone footage used throughout the series.

I'm not sure if these guys did all of the drone work (https://www.eastwood-drones.co.uk/drone-filming-aerial-imagery-north-wales-what-weve-been-up-to) but the whole series is on BBC iPlayer and the drone work is some of the best I've seen - it never feels like it is just there for the sake of using a drone, it genuinely adds atmosphere.
1-28 03:50
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That does look like a fun job.  
1-28 07:03
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-28 07:03
That does look like a fun job.

To be honest, I'm surprised they didn't ask you if it was pictures of castles they were after
1-28 09:05
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's not a series we watched, but in just about every new production on TV these days there's drone footage.
1-28 23:37
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 1-28 23:37
It's not a series we watched, but in just about every new production on TV these days there's drone footage.

I agree, but it's usually just beauty shots or very dull overhead tracking shots.

That's what made the footage in The Traitors so good - there was very little of that.

There was a lot of FPV flying through forrests and climbing up over the castle ramparts before diving down or spinning etc. one of my favourite shots was as contestants were supposedly arriving at or leaving from the castle on jeeps. It was an FPV shot again, at high speed and low level flying towards and over the cars..m very effective.

For once it really added to the atmosphere.

I think TV producers are getting lazy with drone footage generally, but this was genuinely creative use that brought something.
1-29 01:14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 1-29 01:14
I agree, but it's usually just beauty shots or very dull overhead tracking shots.

That's what made the footage in The Traitors so good - there was very little of that.

Seems like FPV has a lot to offer to that style of TV viewing
1-29 01:40
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 1-28 09:05
To be honest, I'm surprised they didn't ask you if it was pictures of castles they were after

I live near Eastwood too,  but Im sure theres no connection.  
1-30 00:17
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-30 00:17
I live near Eastwood too,  but Im sure theres no connection.

Yeah, that's what you tell us...

It would certainly explain how you put so many miles on your drones... And maybe they pay in Nectar points...
1-30 02:57
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 1-30 02:57
Yeah, that's what you tell us...

It would certainly explain how you put so many miles on your drones... And maybe they pay in Nectar points...

I really do live near Eastwood.  but it's almost a complete NFZ due to Southend airport which is a pain when I go there to visit friends.
1-30 04:42
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That must have been a nice job!
2-26 00:23
Use props
willys_ fpv
New

United Kingdom

Hey thank for the kind words on the fpv footage. Chris at eastoowd did the fpv on the first series, and covered for a few days on the inspire I think. Series 1 and 2 Ariel photography for the series supplied by sp films. Steve peters pilot and Scott McKee gimbal Opp and myself on fpv drone for series 2.

Glad you enjoy!
3-9 14:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules