Android vs. IOS app
1357 6 2014-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lwhippen
New

United States

I have a Phantom 2 V+ coming.  I decided to download the app on my iPhone and Google Zoom while waiting for delivery.  The camera portion of the app comes up on my iPhone but not on my Zoom tablet which uses the Android app.  Firstly, does any know if the Zoom is known to be incompatible? And secondly, what are the pluses and minuses to each operating system?
2014-12-10
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Camera shouldn't really come up until you can connect to the Phantom.  If the iPhone app allows you to select camera before then it may just be an ability to detect the connection more than an app compat issue.  Wait until you get the Phantom and then test would be my suggestion.
2014-12-10
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I think he means the app loaded and ran. not that it connected to the Non existent Phantom.  I find both apps the same, I had difficulty loading the android one because of a bug in the playstore - kept telling me my device was not compatible when it was.

My iPad is a first generation one, stuck on IOS 5 so could not install it at all on that, so I put it on my iPhone 4 and it was not powerful enough to display real time video, but that was not the apps fault - 4S I believe is the minimum.
2014-12-10
Use props
lwhippen
New

United States

umpa Posted at 2014-12-11 15:43
I think he means the app loaded and ran. not that it connected to the Non existent Phantom.  I find  ...

Thanks for the info.  Picked up the Phantom a couple days ago.  Unfortunately, the Google Zoom is incompatible.  My iPhone 4 works for now but it also will not display real time video.  Time for me to upgrade anyway.  Now I am looking for the most affordable android tablet with a 10 in. screen that will support the app.
2014-12-13
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

lwhippen@gmail. Posted at 2014-12-14 07:52
Thanks for the info.  Picked up the Phantom a couple days ago.  Unfortunately, the Google Zoom is  ...

I'm using the
Apple iPad 2 32GB, Wi-Fi + 3G (AT&T), 9.7in - Black (MC774LL/A)
with a minimum ios of 5.1 but upgraded to 8.1.2
2014-12-13
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

lwhippen where on the planet do you live ?
2014-12-13
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

lwhippen@gmail. Posted at 2014-12-14 07:52
Thanks for the info.  Picked up the Phantom a couple days ago.  Unfortunately, the Google Zoom is  ...

I bet it is, are you going on what the playstore says ?
2014-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules