Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
List of new firmware features late Jan 2024
2598 27 1-28 13:52
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

- Cancel recording function.  Hold down the record button during recording.

- Optimised recording gain for Mic 2

- Added support for setting the audio channel of the backup wave file for the internal mics (thank you DJI!!!)

- Optimised the controlling function for the joystick in selfie mode

- Optimised the automatic recovery of the gimbal when exiting transfer file / OTG mode

- Optimised Mic 2 performance and stability during live streams

- Fixed some minor bugs.  In the past, "minor bug fixes" have corrected things that some might consider major, not minor - but we'll see!

1-28 13:52
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

I've been doing some quick tests -

I can't really compare the Mic 2 recorded levels before and after but the level on the video I just made seemed absolutely fine.  Also the level indicator at the top of the screen was showing what looked like the correct level - I think in the past it went into the red even if the level was not excessive?  

Cancelling a video worked fine and actually this will be quite a handy function.  You get a couple of seconds of countdown to warn you that you are about to cancel - take your finger off the button and the recording continues uncancelled.  

When in selfie mode, pushing the joystick to the left now moves the gimbal head to the left (as you watch it) - if you don't use selfie mode but rotate the gimbal all the way round clockwise so that it points at you, then the operation of the joystick is not reversed (if you want that).   If you are in selfie mode, and you keep pressing the joystck to the right so that the gimbal head points at the scene in front of you (instead of at you) gimbal operation continues to be reversed which might be faintly confusing, but double clicking the joystick to recenter it also puts the joystick back into normal operation.

Lastly I tested the fix for the backup audio wave file sourced from the internal mics which originally was always in mono when the Mic 2 was connected.  For me this "feature" was a great disappointment, as my most frequent use for the Mic 2 was to provide clear focus to my voice while still wanting the ambience of the scene to be recorded in stereo on the wave file, for mixing with the Mic 2 audio on the AAC component of the video file when editing.  Yay, indeed it is fixed!  So now you can go down to your local beach if any, and show the waves crashing on the rocks, while using the Mic 2 to tell people that there is a shark out there somewhere, and those waves are captured on the wave (!) file in glorious stereo.  I have been going on about this all over this forum and in comments on YouTube for weeks, and now... I wlll shut up.  Thanks again to DJI for fixing this.  You don't have to do anything to make it work - just make sure the internal audio is set to stereo (in pro mode settings, swipe from right to left to get there and tap the mic symbol in the resulting menu), then turn on the Mic 2 and the audio settings for the internals which you just made will stay in effect.  Totally intuitive as far as I'm concerned.  (if you did want the wave file in mono and you forgot to set that, you should be able to mix it to mono when editing.  But you can't mix mono to stereo, which was my beef before!)

1-28 14:58
Use props
EnTuMente
lvl.4

Spain

To begin with, the developer who said in a post that in this version they would add a menu with the on and off of the automatic shutdown mode of the MIC 2, has lied (he has disrespected the customers that we feed with our purchases) .

This is how DJI spends it, deceiving its customers. Ok, this is how I will transmit it on my social networks and in my next reviews of the product.

To finish... they add improvements to the MIC 2 but there is still no update for the MIC 2. Therefore, those improvements that you see will not be available until the MIC 2 is updated. Something that has not yet appeared in the address where the MIC 2 updates for the Pocket 3 are located.

I don't understand how you can say some of the comments you make when you claim things that improve in the MIC 2 when there is still no update for them. Because, when talking about something like MIC 2, not only does the camera need to be updated, but the MIC 2 also needs to be updated.

They show you a Monopoly ticket and you think it's real money.

Otherwise, we continue with the same problems such as crackling during streaming, which cannot exceed 30 FPS and countless problems such as vibrations in the gimbal.

Gentlemen of DJI, here you have a customer of your drones, glasses and cameras, who from this moment stops buying your products due to the terrible support you give and for having developers on staff who disrespect users by lying to them when They claim LIES.
1-28 17:19
Use props
UweE
Captain
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

EnTuMente Posted at 1-28 17:19
To begin with, the developer who said in a post that in this version they would add a menu with the on and off of the automatic shutdown mode of the MIC 2, has lied (he has disrespected the customers that we feed with our purchases) .

This is how DJI spends it, deceiving its customers. Ok, this is how I will transmit it on my social networks and in my next reviews of the product.

Can it be that you are exaggerating your influence on the world a little here?
I'm certainly not a DJI fanboy, but the way you're trying to attack a big company here is ridiculous.
This firmware will definitely not be the last improvement, so calm down and be nice.
1-28 17:52
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

The update improves the level at which the camera records the incoming stream from the Mic 2.  No update for the mic is necessary to achieve that.  There may be other matters you would like to see improved in relation to the Mic 2, but that's another subject.  Here we are discussing what is included in this update, and how the changes affect the use of the camera.  Future updates and requested fixes are discussed elsewhere.
1-28 18:20
Use props
madao05
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1445400 ft
Italy

Where can I find this update? Thanks
1-28 22:07
Use props
djiuser_nhSW64Bmh7nB
lvl.2

Spain

madao05 Posted at 1-28 22:07
Where can I find this update? Thanks

Connect t o the DJI Mimo app. A small notice will appear.
1-28 22:53
Use props
nordheide21244
lvl.4
Flight distance : 192684 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_nhSW64Bmh7nB Posted at 1-28 22:53

P3 is connected. Here in germany nothing happened. Still v01.02.0604
1-28 23:11
Use props
KlimaPic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 360115 ft
  • >>>
Germany

nordheide21244 Posted at 1-28 23:11

Same for me (also germany), no update notification
1-28 23:39
Use props
tzsog
lvl.3
Hungary

i have the new update too ..hungary. working fine
1-29 00:46
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.
1-29 04:23
Use props
EnTuMente
lvl.4

Spain

Ridiculous update. 2 nonsense is solved and another 2 nonsense is added like the fact that now if you leave the record button pressed, the recording stops.

Mr. lying developer, do you still look in the mirror and feel like a good person?

Otherwise, we continue with the same problems such as crackling during streaming, which cannot exceed 30 FPS and countless problems such as vibrations in the gimbal... etc.
1-29 06:12
Use props
UweE
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

EnTuMente Posted at 1-29 06:12
Ridiculous update. 2 nonsense is solved and another 2 nonsense is added like the fact that now if you leave the record button pressed, the recording stops.

Mr. lying developer, do you still look in the mirror and feel like a good person?

What's wrong with you?
when you click the record button, the recording stops!
When you hold the recording button, you can dismiss the recording.
That's a new and good function.

Sell your OP3 and stop crying!
1-29 06:18
Use props
Karl53
First Officer
Flight distance : 273583 ft
  • >>>
Germany

UweE Posted at 1-29 06:18
What's wrong with you?
when you click the record button, the recording stops!
When you hold the recording button, you can dismiss the recording.

Just a few days after the Pocket3 was released, some experienced users made suggestions as to what could be improved in a firmware update.

Not a single point was implemented in this firmware update.

That is a great pity!

Incidentally, DJI's management decides exactly what is introduced in a firmware update - not the development team.
1-29 07:47
Use props
Drift.dk
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

Some people seem to want too much for a limited number of developers and a short development window.
This is just a January update and there will be more firmware updates in the future.

I need to be able to easily see if the camera is in focus on the built-in monitor, which doesn't seem to be included in the January firmware.
1-29 08:19
Use props
madao05
lvl.4
Italy

djiuser_nhSW64Bmh7nB Posted at 1-28 22:53

How can I connect the Mic to the app?
Thanks
1-29 10:20
Use props
Aavis
Captain
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

mic mic mic mic best way always is record audio using audio recorder with a good mic. Audio electronics are far better than any camera and syncing in post is super easy 2 clicks these days.

Anyways I waited something more after long wait

None of my simple wishes implemented and who the *ell wanted easier to delete recordings show yourself!
1-29 10:22
Use props
JustName
First Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

nordheide21244 Posted at 1-28 23:11

I was able to install the update now. Also in germany.
1-29 10:42
Use props
Pancior
lvl.2

Poland

The shutter speed is still limited to 1s
1-29 10:45
Use props
madao05
lvl.4
Italy

JustName Posted at 1-29 10:42

How have you connected the Mic 2 to the app?
1-29 11:55
Use props
JustName
First Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

madao05 Posted at 1-29 11:55

You don't need to update the mic2 now. The improvements are on the Osmo Pocket 3 side.
Current firmware for the mic is v04.02.01.13
1-29 12:19
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

The Mic 2 does not connect to the app, it connects to the camera.  You may be able to pair it with your phone and then use a suitable non-DJI app to record with it - it depends on the phone.  I suggest searching YouTube for videos about this.
1-29 12:21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

madao05 Posted at 1-29 11:55

If your question relates to how you update the firmware on the Mic2, the firmware update guide can be found here
1-29 14:47
Use props
Gadget Freak
lvl.2
United States

Pancior Posted at 1-29 10:45
The shutter speed is still limited to 1s

That was the 1st thing I checked.    ...whaaaa!
1-29 19:35
Use props
madao05
lvl.4
Italy

Ah ok thank you!!!
Now it is clear
1-29 20:27
Use props
UweE
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

JustName Posted at 1-29 10:42

still without the update here in Germany...
1-30 00:30
Use props
TooDeep
First Officer
United Kingdom

Oh for the days when people purchased a product or refused to purchase a product based on what it promised to do. We accepted devices could eventually stop working but were certain they couldn't suddenly get better. Now it seems people will buy a slow car and then demand an update to make it fast, or complain about a fast car because there's no update to make it fly. Research your purchases; that's it. If they perform the functions you bargained for when you paid your money, you've nothing to complain about. If there's an improvement path at no extra cost, by all means take it and be grateful but if there's no improvement, again you've nothing to complain about because the thing in your hand is exactly what you expected when you paid for it. And if it isn't, update your research next time.
2-7 21:19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

TooDeep Posted at 2-7 21:19
Oh for the days when people purchased a product or refused to purchase a product based on what it promised to do. We accepted devices could eventually stop working but were certain they couldn't suddenly get better. Now it seems people will buy a slow car and then demand an update to make it fast, or complain about a fast car because there's no update to make it fly. Research your purchases; that's it. If they perform the functions you bargained for when you paid your money, you've nothing to complain about. If there's an improvement path at no extra cost, by all means take it and be grateful but if there's no improvement, again you've nothing to complain about because the thing in your hand is exactly what you expected when you paid for it. And if it isn't, update your research next time.

Yes indeed
10 hours ago
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules