DJI Ronin RS3 Pro will not pair with anything - never did
324 3 1-28 14:15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
newfossil
lvl.1
Fiji

Hello,
My name is Blair Robertson. My email is blair.robertson.dbj@gmail.com. I purchased the DJI Ronin RS3 Pro from New Zealand in December 2023. I live in Fiji and brought the gimbal to Fiji on 31/12/2023. I was unable to test the product in New Zealand because I did not have a camera with me while I was there.

There is no product support in Fiji. Australia is the closest country that supports the DJI Ronin RS3 Pro.

I have a Blackmagic 6k Pro, intended for use with the DJI Ronin RS3 Pro.

Steps taken:
Pairing with Phone App testing - unsuccessful as per below
  • I confirmed Android bluetooth was turned on.
  • I confirmed that Android can pair with other hardware.
  • I confirmed I have an internet connection.
  • I confirmed Android is less than 3 inches away from the Gimbal.
  • My Phone is: Galaxy A24. Android Software: Android version: 14. One UI version: 6.0.
  • I installed the Ronin app on my Android [version 1.6.8]. I confirmed this is the latest app on DJI website.
  • I noted that Galaxy A24 is not on the list of supported devices. I also tried with Galaxy S23 with the same result.
  • I Mounted my BMKCC 6k Pro camera on the DJI RS 3 Pro and physically calibrated the camera as per youtube tutorials.
  • I Turned on the Gimbal. The red light on top left is on confirming no pairing to DJI Ronin app.
  • In the DJI Ronin app on my Android, I selected 'Connect to Gimbal'. The DJI RS3 Pro was not identified. I redid this many times.
  • I turned off my phone and back on again many times. I turned the gimbal on and off again many times. No change.
  • Tried all above with a Galaxy S23 android - same issue [suggesting problem is not with phone but with gimbal].
Attempt to pair with Blackmagic camera - also unsuccessful
  • I turned on my Blackmagic 6k Pro camera [while mounted on the gimbal].
  • I turned on bluetooth on camera.
  • I went to Bluetooth on the gimbal.
  • Message 'No camera found'.

INDICATIVE RESULT - the DJI Ronin RS3 Pro will not pair with anything...

Background re initial setup
  • When I initially mounted the camera on the gimbal, it would not pair with the camera or phone app.
  • The calibration functionality worked, so I used the gimbal.
  • After some time, the gimbal started doing funny things - [like it was unbalanced].
  • I removed the battery to charge it. When I reinstalled - the calibration functionality stopped working.
Working Assumption

• The calibration no longer works because I'm not paired with the app. Ie it's a software issue.
  • On the gimbal, I have restored parameters and the gimbal password and this doesn’t change anything.
  • I cannot update the firmware because first I need to connect via bluetooth with the Ronin App.
Problem with getting assistance in Fiji
  • There doesn’t seem to be anyone in chats/help forums with the same issue as me. I am unable to post on chat because I dont have enough points.
  • There doesn’t seem to be a way to restore to unboxing and start all over again [ie so the calibration functionality of the gimbal works again].
  • The DJI Care Express service is invalid in Fiji where I am based. The closest support is Australia.

I'm not sure what to do next, but I have already had to cancel a shoot due to the problem with the gimbal so I need to find a solution asap. I'm trying to bring storytelling through film to Fiji, but these types of problems are a significant barrier to establishing an industry here.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards
Blair Robertson

1-28 14:15
Use props
djiuser_81XSOuN9zMvJ
New

United States

Hi there, I wish I could help, but I'm having similar issues with my Samsung Galaxy phone. Support has asked me to try to connect and download the latest firmware version to the device with an Apple phone instead. I have yet to try this myself as I also live in a rural area with limited access to stores, VERY annoying. But might be worth a shot.
1-31 18:32
Use props
newfossil
lvl.1
Fiji

HI - I tried pairing with an iphone 13 and didnt work - so still not pairing. that was last thing to try so now - will take steps to receive a product replacement. Many thanks for your suggestion though.
2-4 09:47
Use props
pele2020
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2600305 ft
Germany

Hi,

maybe you have access to another sort of phones?
Have you tested an iPhone instead? Maybe that helps with getting the shot until the support reaches out to you.
cheers and I hope you find a solution. Peter
2-5 02:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules