Losing conection all the time
219 3 1-28 17:45
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LuisMaia
lvl.1
Portugal

I bought mine a few weeks ago and i'm having a huge problem, after 1km or 1.5km my drone loses allways connection from RC, and some times on 800 meters conection goes off. I saw lots of videos on Youtube about this drone and there are people flying with it above 4-5km. Maybe i have a faulty unit???? Anyone can help me?? I need return it??
1-28 17:45
Use props
LuisMaia
lvl.1
Portugal

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-28 18:25
All depends on your flight environment.  Are you properly orienting the RC towards the drone & maintaining a clear LOS between the RC & the drone?  Are you flying over rural farmland or open water, or are you flying in a congested urban environment?  Looks like you are in Portugal which is part of the EU, so I assume you are flying in CE mode?  In an urban environment at CE power levels, 800-1500 meters may be perfectly normal.

Normal flight in a rural environment that is not very obstructed mostly clear. So it's normal for these distances and not to go much further than this. I feel better now because I thought i had a defective unit. Thanks
1-28 18:31
Use props
LuisMaia
lvl.1
Portugal

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-28 18:39
If you are flying in a rural setting with few obstacles or sources of Wi-Fi, RC correctly aimed at the bird, i I would expect better range even in CE mode.  I suggest trying some alternate sites & see how things go.  If you can fly out over open water that's where you should achieve the greatest range.  Be mindful of the wind direction before heading out over water.  You don't want to be heading directly into the wind during the return trip.

Thank you, i will try it.
1-28 18:42
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Please check the notes below and see if it will help ( Feel free to skip steps if  was already done ):
1. Check the aircraft image transmission distance in your country.
2. Check if the aircraft firmware, remote controller firmware, and app versions are the latest. If not, please update the firmware to the latest versions first.
3. Check the remote controller antenna position. Please place your remote controller antenna in the optimal position.

4. Keep note of tree and house obstructions near the flying field. After flying for a period, note the obstruction near the horizontal line to ensure that there are no visible obstructions in the aircraft's direction.
5. Check whether there is significant interference in the flight environment. Please turn on the Image Transmission Settings to check the real-time channel quality. Or provide a screenshot or a recorded video for us to see significant interference. If the interference is significant, we recommend changing the flight environment. Common electromagnetic interference sources include but are not limited to Wi-Fi hotspots, routers, Bluetooth devices, high-voltage power lines, high-voltage transmission stations, mobile phone base stations, and television broadcasting towers.
Please keep us posted. Have a great day.
1-28 19:44
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules