A popup screen every time I start to fly
855 25 1-29 12:13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Levi34Davis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1724337 ft
United States

Ever since the last update to either the drone or the RC 2, I am getting this popup and I don't know what it means.

Popup

Popup
1-29 12:13
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are a few threads about this.  It is normal, something new.  Just click Normal mode and proceed.
1-29 13:42
Use props
Levi34Davis
lvl.1
United States

Yes, I have clicked that, but it happens EVERYTIME.  Isn't there somewhere that this can be set just ONCE?
1-29 15:02
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not that I am aware of.  It comes up every time you try to launch your drone.
1-29 16:00
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

We understand the inconvenience. We have adjusted the UI design and prompts to take into account diverse user needs and sufficient safety guidance, therefore, a message will pop up to confirm before each flight.  You can select No Position Hold mode if you want manual control, however, the aircraft will not hover stably so it is recommended to use Normal mode. Thank you for understanding.
1-29 20:39
Use props
Levi34Davis
lvl.1
United States

Please don't take this the wrong way, but Will this be fixed in future updates?
1-30 10:14
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-29 20:39
We understand the inconvenience. We have adjusted the UI design and prompts to take into account diverse user needs and sufficient safety guidance, therefore, a message will pop up to confirm before each flight.  You can select No Position Hold mode if you want manual control, however, the aircraft will not hover stably so it is recommended to use Normal mode. Thank you for understanding.

This is absolutely false information!!! I have tried both settings on my Classic with ZERO difference in flight!!! Perfect position holding regardless of altitude. Either setting stops as soon as the stick is centered.
Tell the concerned department to GET RID OF THE POPUP!!!
1-30 11:23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-30 11:23
This is absolutely false information!!! I have tried both settings on my Classic with ZERO difference in flight!!! Perfect position holding regardless of altitude. Either setting stops as soon as the stick is centered.

Just curious, what does height have to do with this?

Could you explain what you mean by "Either setting stops as soon as the stick is centered" please ?

I wonder if DJI are thinking of reintroducing ATTI mode ?

1-30 14:42
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-30 14:42
Just curious, what does height have to do with this?

Could you explain what you mean by "Either setting stops as soon as the stick is centered" please ?

At low altitudes VPS does the position holding, at higher altitudes, GPS takes over.
With no position holding, the drone will not stop when sticks are released.
Not sure about ATTI.
1-30 17:11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-30 17:11
At low altitudes VPS does the position holding, at higher altitudes, GPS takes over.
Not sure about ATTI.

......thanks
1-30 17:31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Levi34Davis Posted at 1-30 10:14
Please don't take this the wrong way, but Will this be fixed in future updates?

I understand. We have no relevant information yet about the removal of the pop-up message but this will be submitted to the relevant department for evaluation. Thank you for your patience.
1-30 20:53
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-30 11:23
This is absolutely false information!!! I have tried both settings on my Classic with ZERO difference in flight!!! Perfect position holding regardless of altitude. Either setting stops as soon as the stick is centered.

Sorry about the trouble. Let me check this with the relevant team. I will get back to this. Thank you for your patience.
1-31 01:25
Use props
CatBehemoth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1009715 ft

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-31 01:25
Sorry about the trouble. Let me check this with the relevant team. I will get back to this. Thank you for your patience.

I do agree. I'm not sure what the intended purpose of this new "feature" is, but in my normal usage it just an annoyance. In fact, assuming it has any function at all, it is easy to inadvertently press "No Position Hold mode," which is probably not what most people want. Points (1) and (2) are plain silly, You may show them on the very first flight if your liability attorneys insist, but why subject your customers to this every time they attempt to use your product?
1-31 18:43
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-30 17:11
Not sure about ATTI.

Hi. Mobilehomer. They have no response yet about this. I have submitted your feedback to the development team for evaluation. Sorry about the inconvenience.
2-3 02:14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

CatBehemoth Posted at 1-31 18:43
I do agree. I'm not sure what the intended purpose of this new "feature" is, but in my normal usage it just an annoyance. In fact, assuming it has any function at all, it is easy to inadvertently press "No Position Hold mode," which is probably not what most people want. Points (1) and (2) are plain silly, You may show them on the very first flight if your liability attorneys insist, but why subject your customers to this every time they attempt to use your product?

Hi, CatBehemoth. It was intended for manual control. But rest assured, your feedback will reach the development team to consider. We appreciate your patience.
2-3 02:17
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-30 20:53
I understand. We have no relevant information yet about the removal of the pop-up message but this will be submitted to the relevant department for evaluation. Thank you for your patience.

This is nothing but an necessary irritation. PLEASE remove this stupid pop up.
2-5 14:04
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

digibud Posted at 2-5 14:04
This is nothing but an necessary irritation. PLEASE remove this stupid pop up.

I understand the inconvenience. I have been submitting your feedback to the development team to handle this. Have a nice day.
2-6 02:27
Use props
fansce917649
lvl.1
United States

If No Position Hold Mode is actually ATTI mode and you take off, is there a quick way to return to Normal mode from the ATTI. Or do you have to land, shut down, and restart to get back to Normal mode?
2-6 06:50
Use props
BigAl07
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6127769 ft
  • >>>
United States

This Pop-Up is absolutely ridiculous, annoying, and insanely REDUNDANT!

If I were in some "Atti Mode" scenario then I could understand the "Not so Gentle Reminder" but that's NOT the case. I am attempting to do my JOB as quickly, efficiently, and professionally as I can. This is a total annoyance and needs to be addressed.

My suggestions:
1) Make it ONLY pop up during the first 5-10 flights of a NEW aircraft. This might help the NEW operator to read and remember the tips noted on the screen.
2) Make a "Check Box" notification so that once the box is checked, it is turned OFF for all future flights.
3) Make it so it ONLY comes up if the aircraft is in some more other than NORMAL.

It seems like this would be a super QUICK and EASY solution.

Kind regards,
Allen in NC
2-6 07:18
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

I curse under my breath every time this pops up. I try to picture whoever made the decision to do this....
2-7 09:25
Use props
Monkieboy00
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101188 ft

United States

Even a newbie or "diverse person", after being remined a few times should be capable of using the drone without it

Remove this annoying popup.
2-7 13:38
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansce917649 Posted at 2-6 06:50
If No Position Hold Mode is actually ATTI mode and you take off, is there a quick way to return to Normal mode from the ATTI. Or do you have to land, shut down, and restart to get back to Normal mode?

Hi there. You can switch it anytime in the app by tapping "Switch" on the NPH message:

Have a nice day.
2-8 21:55
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Monkieboy00 Posted at 2-7 13:38
Even a newbie or "diverse person", after being remined a few times should be capable of using the drone without it

Remove this annoying popup.

Hi, Monkieboy00. This will be submitted to the relevant team. We value your feedback. Thank you for your patience.
2-8 21:58
Use props
fansf8db0d9c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31801 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-8 21:58
Hi, Monkieboy00. This will be submitted to the relevant team. We value your feedback. Thank you for your patience.

This popup message is a huge nuisance and does nothing but create an opportunity to in advertently put the drone into ATTI mode. PLEASE get rid of this! It wastes a lot of time in my daily operations.
2-10 15:18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansf8db0d9c Posted at 2-10 15:18
This popup message is a huge nuisance and does nothing but create an opportunity to in advertently put the drone into ATTI mode. PLEASE get rid of this! It wastes a lot of time in my daily operations.

Thank you for your feedback. I will submit this to the relevant team. Have a nice day.
2-11 01:33
Use props
West End Drone
lvl.1

United States

BigAl07 Posted at 2-6 07:18
This Pop-Up is absolutely ridiculous, annoying, and insanely REDUNDANT!

If I were in some "Atti Mode" scenario then I could understand the "Not so Gentle Reminder" but that's NOT the case. I am attempting to do my JOB as quickly, efficiently, and professionally as I can. This is a total annoyance and needs to be addressed.

I agree with BigAl's suggestions.  PLEASE... remove the pop up
4-10 09:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules