Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

New Pocket 3 Firmware Released.

In case you missed it (now that the Pocket 3 firmware thread has disappeared) the Pocket 3 just got updated to 01.03.0502.

Fixes the reset of resolution when rotating the screen in timelapse mode, and some various mic fixes if you have the Mic2.

Still no digital zoom in timelapse or the ability to mute the microphones.

1-30 01:57
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

See also some related discussions - also worth searching YouTube where there are several videos about the new FW, including one by, ahem, me (but it says no more than is in the first link below).  There was also another thread but it seems to have been deleted, perhaps due to the unfortunate tone...  

[For a moment I wondered whether there was yet another update to follow the one from 24 hours ago as the items you have mentioned were not mentioned in the release notes, but presumably they are bug fixes you have discovered yourself - great!]

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=306301

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=306359

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=306100

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=305803

1-30 03:25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-30 03:25
See also some related discussions - also worth searching YouTube where there are several videos about the new FW, including one by, ahem, me (but it says no more than is in the first link below).  There was also another thread but it seems to have been deleted, perhaps due to the unfortunate tone...  

[For a moment I wondered whether there was yet another update to follow the one from 24 hours ago as the items you have mentioned were not mentioned in the release notes, but presumably they are bug fixes you have discovered yourself - great!]

And they all missed the reset of resolution when flipping the screen is fixed.  Also Where is the official DJI thread gone to.
1-30 04:43
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Was it shared only for those who had Mic2 for Pocket 3? Since not all got the update. So there's coming update for all Pocket 3s later ?
1-30 05:52
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aavis Posted at 1-30 05:52
Was it shared only for those who had Mic2 for Pocket 3? Since not all got the update. So there's coming update for all Pocket 3s later ?

I dont have the Mic 2,  just connected it to Mimo app and made sure auto update was turned on under account settings.  
1-30 06:05
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 1-30 06:05
I dont have the Mic 2,  just connected it to Mimo app and made sure auto update was turned on under account settings.

Right. I hope some kind of feature update comes before summer.
1-30 06:09
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aavis Posted at 1-30 06:09
Right. I hope some kind of feature update comes before summer.

Im just pleased they actually fixed the bug I reported to them.  
1-30 06:28
Use props
thisiskurtirl
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I dont see the update yet?
1-30 07:25
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

thisiskurtirl Posted at 1-30 07:25
I dont see the update yet?

I had to power cycle the P3 and close/reopen the MIMO app a couple of times to get the download prompt.
1-30 08:06
Use props
thisiskurtirl
lvl.1

United Kingdom

ah its there now
1-30 08:29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing DA.  I still haven't seen the update.  I''ve checked settings in the Mimo App and turned OP3 on and off a couple of times.  No update available yet. Wonder if it was a regional roll out?
1-30 13:52
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-30 13:52
Thanks for sharing DA.  I still haven't seen the update.  I''ve checked settings in the Mimo App and turned OP3 on and off a couple of times.  No update available yet. Wonder if it was a regional roll out?

Ive never known DJI to do a regional roll out before.    Could it be related to the new phone?
1-30 23:56
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for sharing the new firmware update here in the DJI Forum. Please stay assured that your concern will be cascaded to our relevant team for future reference.
1-31 02:11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Aavis Posted at 1-30 05:52
Was it shared only for those who had Mic2 for Pocket 3? Since not all got the update. So there's coming update for all Pocket 3s later ?

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. The firmware update is being released gradually in phases to ensure a smooth rollout and to address potential problems that may arise. Once the update is available for your device, you should receive a notification prompting you to download and install it. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.
1-31 02:17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-30 23:56
Ive never known DJI to do a regional roll out before.    Could it be related to the new phone?

I don't use the Mimo App on my phone as I use my TriplTek tablet for that.  I did finally get the update this morning.  Lots of changes Good to see they fixed the bug you had reported.  
1-31 04:15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-31 04:15
I don't use the Mimo App on my phone as I use my TriplTek tablet for that.  I did finally get the update this morning.  Lots of changes Good to see they fixed the bug you had reported.

And the Pocket 3 thread has come back too.
1-31 04:41
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-31 04:41
And the Pocket 3 thread has come back too.

Interesting magic trick.
1-31 16:00
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

At least that was fixed
Did they release another one in the meantime?
2-27 00:13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2-27 00:13
At least that was fixed
Did they release another one in the meantime?

Nope,   no new features yet.
2-27 00:25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 2-27 00:25
Nope,   no new features yet.

Oh that is too bad.
2-27 00:32
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Everyday I check to see if they posted a firmware update in the products section.
2-28 00:48
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 2-28 00:48
Everyday I check to see if they posted a firmware update in the products section.

Sometimes I feel they are putting out too many products to keep up with the updates.
I guess their strategy is focused on new hardware and not supporting existing hardware.
2-28 01:07
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2-28 01:07
Sometimes I feel they are putting out too many products to keep up with the updates.
I guess their strategy is focused on new hardware and not supporting existing hardware.

Seems like it some days,    and now I think they ar working on something new,   probably two new FPV drones that can get the EU C classification.
2-28 01:29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 2-28 01:29
Seems like it some days,    and now I think they ar working on something new,   probably two new FPV drones that can get the EU C classification.

I know a lot of bigger companies work like this, but I do prefer the ones that keep adding updates to existing products. It makes you feel appreciated as a customer.
2-28 01:33
Use props
djiuser_0kk5TGEyU8mp
lvl.1
Romania

With Osmo pocket 3 I work a lot with gimbal modes and focus modes.
Is not handy to dive in menu each time. It would be perfect camera and perfect setup if we have posibilty to customize the screen  shortcuts. I don't use zoom and icon that turns the camera in selfie mode is same accesible by triple tapping on joystick . So please let us customize the screen by replacing zoom and selfie shortcuts with gimbal mode and focus mode
3-1 13:37
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_0kk5TGEyU8mp Posted at 3-1 13:37
Is not handy to dive in menu each time. It would be perfect camera and perfect setup if we have posibilty to customize the screen  shortcuts. I don't use zoom and icon that turns the camera in selfie mode is same accesible by triple tapping on joystick . So please let us customize the screen by replacing zoom and selfie shortcuts with gimbal mode and focus mode

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will forward this concern of yours to our relevant team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a good one.
3-1 19:38
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_0kk5TGEyU8mp Posted at 3-1 13:37
Is not handy to dive in menu each time. It would be perfect camera and perfect setup if we have posibilty to customize the screen  shortcuts. I don't use zoom and icon that turns the camera in selfie mode is same accesible by triple tapping on joystick . So please let us customize the screen by replacing zoom and selfie shortcuts with gimbal mode and focus mode

I wish we had some zoom to use.  
3-2 01:11
Use props
djiuser_0kk5TGEyU8mp
lvl.1
Romania

Ok this is your case. Im my case more important is focus mode. That us why I ask customization of screen. Like tap once in zoom area (zoom icon replaced with focus icon) -change to single - tap again -change to continuous. Instead of small eye in the corner for selfie mode, replace with other icon -same principle -each tap change the gimbal mode.
3-2 09:39
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_0kk5TGEyU8mp Posted at 3-2 09:39
Ok this is your case. Im my case more important is focus mode. That us why I ask customization of screen. Like tap once in zoom area (zoom icon replaced with focus icon) -change to single - tap again -change to continuous. Instead of small eye in the corner for selfie mode, replace with other icon -same principle -each tap change the gimbal mode.

Yes but how do you replace the zoom icon when it's already missing from most of the modes.  
3-3 06:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules