Goggles Integra + Mini 3 Pro
415 4 1-30 05:04
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_LGwHJk3gc750
lvl.2
Austria

Hi, I just wanted to give a quick resume about my first 2 weeks with the goggles integra for the dji mini 3 pro. I am a photographer / videographer based in EU and I got DJI Integra because I wanted to have a better, more exact display unit for photographing and filming with my Mini 3 Pro.

1.  Activation and updating via Fly-App is a long process: you need to connect all devices (including the original RC remote) and then disconnect the drone in order to conduct the firmware updates. The orignal remote has to be updated before you can update your googles and motion controller. I had to try several times until it worked and  it took me over an hour to do so.

2. Virutal Flight app ist not compatible with Motion Controller 2 that was included in my bundle. So I can't practice in the APP-simulator. I could get a DJI FPV Controller 2 or a Motion Controller 1 just for the app, but they dont fly together with my Mini 3 pro, so it makes no sense for me to use the virtualflight app.

3. Video setting 4K30 D-Cinelike with 10-bit colors is not available for Videos when using the DJI Integra with the Mini 3 Pro. You have to use 4k60 and "Normal color" which has very high saturation and contrast (for my taste)

4. I can NOT take 48MP RAW Photos with goggles integra and DJI Mini 3 Pro, so i can' take photos in full resolution for my work.

5. Flying with the Motion Controller 2 is easy to understand, but the camera movement recorded when flying a curve can seem a little "jerky" because the gimbal reacts to extremely fine movements of the hand. Is there any ways to adjust the Motion Controller 2 deadband settings for yaw/pitch like you can do it with a RS3 gimbal?

6. I just learned that I cannot take photos with the O3 Air unit but it's only used for video / filming. Is that correct?

7. I have very good eyesight but I still have to use the -1 Diopter inserts, which i find a bit strange. A friend that has tried the goggles with her contact lenses (with a very recent prescription) and she will also use the same -1 Diopter lenses in Order to see everything in focus.

8. Maximum IPD setting (72mm) is just enough for my eyes and sometimes I cannot see the outside border of the image.

I am on the fence of returning them because they are fun but not so useful for the intended use.

1-30 05:04
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I can't think of goggles being helpful when taking pictures. I don't think there's an upside of flying with goggles on a stabilized drone like the Mini 3 for video. You may not have a problem with strong sunlight on the display but you need a spotter and I don't even know how to change settings with the goggles on. Regarding Nr.6: I've never heard of anyone trying to take pictures on the O3: It may be the same system as in the Avata and there you can "stand still" in the air to take a picture. But in a "normal" fpv drone that you put the O3 in you don't stand still at all. If you want a picture use a video still. So if you don't want to get into fpv I'd return them...
1-30 07:46
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

We appreciate your thorough feedback. This will be forwarded to the relevant team for evaluation. This will surely help us optimize and improve our products. Any news and updates will be announced on the DJI official website. Have a nice day.
1-31 02:24
Use props
djiuser_LGwHJk3gc750
lvl.2
Austria

9. Camera autofocus with (original) DJI wide angle lens attached to Mini 3 Pro WILL NOT WORK when using the DJI Integra Goggles. All my wide angle footage is completely out of focus. When i switch over to my RC-N1 focus works instantly and spot on with the wide angle attachment. That's the one more thing that finally blew the deal for me, sorry folks.

1-31 13:51
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_LGwHJk3gc750 Posted at 1-31 13:51
9. Camera autofocus with (original) DJI wide angle lens attached to Mini 3 Pro WILL NOT WORK when using the DJI Integra Goggles. All my wide angle footage is completely out of focus. When i switch over to my RC-N1 focus works instantly and spot on with the wide angle attachment. That's the one more thing that finally blew the deal for me, sorry folks.

Hello, there. Thank you for the additional input. Rest assured that this matter will be forwarded to our relevant team for awareness.
2-2 03:09
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules