Video testing POI at Sunset
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So POI seems to work pretty well. you fly over the object then move away to the start of your circle & hit go.

Burrow Mump with the swallows flying out the tower. Testing out the new POI functions on the phantom 3 pro.
Shots 4k 25fps at iso 100 shutter 50 with 8 ND PL filter.
Edited in iMovie.
Music: Kronos Quartet - G Song (Terry Riley)

2015-9-9
Use props
jdbell2004
lvl.3
Flight distance : 305289 ft
  • >>>
United States

beautiful!
2015-9-9
Use props
lignow
lvl.4
Canada

Very Nice,
What a fantastic video/picture capturing device. That one segment when the sun came through the window is outstanding.      Good job DJI.
2015-9-9
Use props
EL SID
lvl.2

United States

Question,with this setting are you having to control the camera or does it automaticly keep on the target?
2015-9-9
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

Wow.

I can't get used to this new feature.

Looks so smooth.
2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

very nice video, it has calmed me down. thank you
2015-9-9
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Where's that glass of veno I just had.......beautiful!  Salude!
2015-9-9
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely video.. The birds would have had my bum clenching though
2015-9-9
Use props
clive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41969 ft
United Kingdom

EL SID Posted at 2015-9-10 01:24
Question,with this setting are you having to control the camera or does it automaticly keep on the t ...

You can pan left/right whilst it's tracking to frame your shot. Also you can move in/out as well as up/down.
It's a shame you can't speed up/slow down/change direction without using the touch screen though.
2015-9-9
Use props
GoDrone.me
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45928 ft
Malta

clive Posted at 2015-9-10 08:27
You can pan left/right whilst it's tracking to frame your shot. Also you can move in/out as well a ...

Very nice indeed, instead of POI, try using HOME LOCK, set home point in centre of your object, this way there is no fixed speed limit.
2015-9-9
Use props
sgeprods
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57841 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Stunning, nice light.
2015-9-10
Use props
jon.godfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I need to get out and test / learn this stuff... I need more time to play!! :-)  Great video, thanks for sharing.
2015-9-10
Use props
Bobcat90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2517654 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

Really nice.  Love the music.  How did you keep the video quality?  Could you share the basic steps it took to create the vid.  Starting from after extracting the clips in HD from P3 to finished product.  I would be in your debt.
2015-9-10
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bobcat90 Posted at 2015-9-10 15:48
Really nice.  Love the music.  How did you keep the video quality?  Could you share the basic steps  ...

Hi thank you for your kind word! I was worried it's not sharp enough?
For this I shot in log colour mode.Just took the footage into iMovie which downscales it automatically to 1080p (iMovie can't output 4k at the moment) then I tweaked the contrast and highlight sliders around to pull back some detail from the sky, also made the colour balance a tiny bit more yellow. The titles are presets. Music just added a fade out at the end. Then just export to Vimeo from iMovie menu. iMovie makes it all very easy. No idea how/if you can sharpen in iMovie though.

The rest is just shooting at that time of day plus I used a polariser filter which might make the sky better.

2015-9-10
Use props
tomtnt.gmail
lvl.2

United States

really beautiful lighting!  what was your strategy for exposure?  your initial angle was right at the sun but subsequently, it rotates facing away from the sun... did you have to change exposure at all or kept it the same throughout the orbit?
2015-9-10
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tomtnt.gmail Posted at 2015-9-10 23:21
really beautiful lighting!  what was your strategy for exposure?  your initial angle was right at th ...

I was trying out my new polar pro nd filters so I think it was either a 16 with polariser or an 8 with polariser it was what ever let me have a 50 shutter & ISO 100. I then just let it roll. Normally I just use auto though and have equally good results but it's definitely much smoother with the shutter on 50 (I read somewhere it's good to have your shutter at double your frame rate. In this case 25fps) I always underexpose a little too using the ev dial maybe -0.3 or -0.5 . I also do this on my normal dslrs cameras as never good to blow the highlights on digital.
2015-9-10
Use props
Bobcat90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2517654 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

dopeytree Posted at 2015-9-11 06:17
Hi thank you for your kind word! I was worried it's not sharp enough?
For this I shot in log colour ...

Thanks a lot.  Keep up the good work
2015-9-10
Use props
TheDreamingWatc
lvl.2

Austria

Impressive!
2015-9-11
Use props
sdharris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

Damn, that is nice. Perfect altitude as well to get the sun through the openings in the spire.

Like I said to someone else who posted a great video, I love how someone went out and did something great with a new feature instead of whining that waypoints could not be plotted on a map.
2015-9-11
Use props
zubiate.javier
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193570 ft
United States

The Sun through the window what a great video!
2015-9-11
Use props
barleydave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80810 ft
United Kingdom

Great job - nice subject and alignment of the sun.

I'm experimenting with ND filters.  What's your thoughts?  You used an ND8 but perhaps an ND4 would have been OK and allowed this to light a little better?  or would the camera have auto adjusted the shutter speed and given the same overall lighting?
2015-9-12
Use props
droneworxuk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1619173 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

just seems too dark to me. ??????
2015-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now