425 13 1-30 18:03
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_VhZh2N7fmpg7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35738704 ft
  • >>>
United States

I crashed my mavic 3 and replaced the camera and gimble myself. I can't find anything in regards to a price for the pairing and or calibration of the Camara and gimble to the drone. Anyone know the average price?
1-30 18:03
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. For a friendly reminder, self-repair isn't recommended as this process is not in accordance with our after-sales service and will affect the warranty service of your drone. It's recommended that you send your aircraft for proper inspection and reliable repair of the drone. If you wish to send the aircraft in service, you may proceed with this link. We thank you for your understanding.
1-30 22:36
Use props
djiuser_VhZh2N7fmpg7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-30 22:36
Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. For a friendly reminder, self-repair isn't recommended as this process is not in accordance with our after-sales service and will affect the warranty service of your drone. It's recommended that you send your aircraft for proper inspection and reliable repair of the drone. If you wish to send the aircraft in service, you may proceed with this link. We thank you for your understanding.

Can't give a straight answer. Did I mention warranty? Did I ask about the price for the calibration? I'd rather not send the drone out if the price to do the calibration is too high, wasting my time packing the drone up and taking it to the place to ship it just to find out it's too expensive and it can wait or maybe i could post a simple question on the possible price for the work to be done?
1-31 00:58
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_VhZh2N7fmpg7 Posted at 1-31 00:58
Can't give a straight answer. Did I mention warranty? Did I ask about the price for the calibration? I'd rather not send the drone out if the price to do the calibration is too high, wasting my time packing the drone up and taking it to the place to ship it just to find out it's too expensive and it can wait or maybe i could post a simple question on the possible price for the work to be done?

Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience we have caused you.

We also feel sorry to hear about the damage to your Mavic 3. Regarding the price for pairing or calibration of the camera and gimbal you mentioned, we do not have the information about this service. If it is convenient for you to send it back for inspection, we can check the damage to the drone in detail and issue an accurate quotation.
Because drones are precision instruments, we cannot make detailed quotations directly based on the situation you describe. But regarding the price of accessories, you can check on the official website through this link:  https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry. I hope it may help you.
1-31 01:51
Use props
djiuser_VhZh2N7fmpg7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I'm confused. You have never heard of anyone repairing a drone other than certified techs? Your also not aware of having to pair and or calibrate the gimble and Camara to a drone if it's not the original set up? That makes since, every reply from any dji forum person is "we're sorry for the inconvenience, send the drone in and we'll let you know." Should have known a question wouldn't have gotten answered on this site.
1-31 02:49
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_VhZh2N7fmpg7 Posted at 1-31 02:49
I'm confused. You have never heard of anyone repairing a drone other than certified techs? Your also not aware of having to pair and or calibrate the gimble and Camara to a drone if it's not the original set up? That makes since, every reply from any dji forum person is "we're sorry for the inconvenience, send the drone in and we'll let you know." Should have known a question wouldn't have gotten answered on this site.

Hi there, sorry for not being able to give you a satisfactory answer. We do not recommend personal repairs and are unable to provide further information at the moment. But if it's convenient for you to send it back, please be assured that after receiving the drone, we could handle it properly.
2-1 01:06
Use props
djiuser_VhZh2N7fmpg7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

You don't know the price for a calibration service? You guys don't know anything but how to tell ppl to send their things in to get worked on, that's understandable but if someone is capable of doing it, let them work on it.
2-1 15:09
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_VhZh2N7fmpg7 Posted at 2-1 15:09
You don't know the price for a calibration service? You guys don't know anything but how to tell ppl to send their things in to get worked on, that's understandable but if someone is capable of doing it, let them work on it.

Hi there, if you choose to have it repaired through DJI’s official after-sales service, our engineers will provide a specific quote after inspecting the drone. After receiving the quotation, you may choose to process it or return it without processing. Before the official inspection, we cannot quote in advance because we cannot measure the actual status of your device.
2-1 22:22
Use props
djiuser_VhZh2N7fmpg7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-1 22:22
Hi there, if you choose to have it repaired through DJI’s official after-sales service, our engineers will provide a specific quote after inspecting the drone. After receiving the quotation, you may choose to process it or return it without processing. Before the official inspection, we cannot quote in advance because we cannot measure the actual status of your device.

Ya i understand and along with all the legal stuff if I were to refer back to this post and want the number you replied with if it were to be lower than the quote after they received the drone. But for the pairing of the Camara/gimble to a different drone, a calibration that is not possible without special software which wasn't the initial situation until dji added from a firmware update you think a simple self made service to make more money you would at least advertise the price for the pairing service you initiated.
2-1 22:37
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_VhZh2N7fmpg7 Posted at 2-1 22:37
Ya i understand and along with all the legal stuff if I were to refer back to this post and want the number you replied with if it were to be lower than the quote after they received the drone. But for the pairing of the Camara/gimble to a different drone, a calibration that is not possible without special software which wasn't the initial situation until dji added from a firmware update you think a simple self made service to make more money you would at least advertise the price for the pairing service you initiated.

Hope you understand that it's not supported for the customers to replace the camera or gimbal on their own, therefore, there is no such quotation you required. If the drone currently cannot work normally, we still recommend you send it back for further processing.
2-4 01:23
Use props
djiuser_VhZh2N7fmpg7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Is it true that a pairing can only be done by a dji tech or someone who possess the software capable of "pairing" the Camara to the drone? You guys are fun to mess with because answering a question with anything other than send it in either isn't allowed or you guys keep the customer service at a steady worthless value. Consistency is always good.
2-4 05:43
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_VhZh2N7fmpg7 Posted at 2-4 05:43
Is it true that a pairing can only be done by a dji tech or someone who possess the software capable of "pairing" the Camara to the drone? You guys are fun to mess with because answering a question with anything other than send it in either isn't allowed or you guys keep the customer service at a steady worthless value. Consistency is always good.

Yes, we do not suggest our customers repair the drone or replace the parts by themselves. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
2-6 00:00
Use props
Naftalin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9249 ft

Slovakia

na you tube som videl ako kalibrovať DJi
2-16 22:31
Use props
djiuser_VhZh2N7fmpg7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Naftalin Posted at 2-16 22:31
na you tube som videl ako kalibrovať DJi

Already rebuilt everything and everything works as it should but from what I understand is that dji threw a firmware update made it so swapping out a damaged Camara for replacement meant a binding of the replacement Camara to the drone could only be done with their software, then to make it a guessing game on the price to do the work is a rude action to take. Yes having a trained employee fix something on an hourly rate is good for the multimillion dollar company but for the person who is capable of doing the repair, if it works without any further issues it's a win for the individual but not for the company who already made money from selling the unit, it's just normal for dji to make it look like the customers are priority when it's only goal is to make money any way possible without having to spit on it first or kiss us after they take our cash.
2-16 23:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules