337 8 1-30 22:59
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks, which mode would be best for Kayaking, RockSteady or HorizonSteady, please? Bearing in mind that one might roll or half roll and swim as is normally the case

I have been using RockSteady (not +) but then it got me wondering about HorizonSteady, thanks.

1-30 22:59
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

My guess is ordinary RockSteady. You probably want to show when doing a roll and not just camera going into water
1-31 03:07
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

If you have a bath tub, fill it with water, put the camera in it and imitate kayaking. Move it forwards, backwards, roll it, half roll it, submerge it, etc. using both stabs. Then look at the footage and see which one you like better.
1-31 03:28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

RS, RS+ HB,  lower resolution has HS, more cropping   but horizon is kept level,  When rc  flying and on my neck I keep HB to  level the camera  never can I get it    correctly leveld looking outward Lol
1-31 04:10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 1-31 03:07
My guess is ordinary RockSteady. You probably want to show when doing a roll and not just camera going into water

Thanks, i was wondering how the HorizonSteady would work, probably not what i would want
1-31 04:26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

osmonauta Posted at 1-31 03:28
If you have a bath tub, fill it with water, put the camera in it and imitate kayaking. Move it forwards, backwards, roll it, half roll it, submerge it, etc. using both stabs. Then look at the footage and see which one you like better.

Thanks, never thought of that, good idea
1-31 04:27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 1-31 04:10
RS, RS+ HB,  lower resolution has HS, more cropping   but horizon is kept level,  When rc  flying and on my neck I keep HB to  level the camera  never can I get it    correctly leveld looking outward Lol

Thank you, well noted
1-31 04:28
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-31 04:28
Thank you, well noted

Horizon steady can be lazy making footage awkward when watching, noticed this when reviewing footage from a motorcycle tour we did, there are YT vids where the same lazy effect can be seen when driving & the cam is on the dash.  Seems to be impacted by G-force making it think the horizon needs levelling then is slow to return to level not great when traversing Cols in France with constant left then right hairpins
1-31 06:01
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 1-31 06:01
Horizon steady can be lazy making footage awkward when watching, noticed this when reviewing footage from a motorcycle tour we did, there are YT vids where the same lazy effect can be seen when driving & the cam is on the dash.  Seems to be impacted by G-force making it think the horizon needs levelling then is slow to return to level not great when traversing Cols in France with constant left then right hairpins

Thank you, makes sense
1-31 19:09
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules