Osmo Action GPS Remote Battery Life
621 12 1-31 08:36
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_TtilpeboH6ap
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8829 ft
United States

I use the GPS Remote when cycling to control my Action 4 camera and find the battery life of the remote to be about 2 hours.

Since my bike computer already records my GPS track, I would like to disable the GPS functionality in the remote to extend the battery life.

Is there any way, "hidden" or otherwise, to do this?

1-31 08:36
Use props
djiuser_J1UCksIbciBS
lvl.2
Netherlands

Yes please i have the same request, the gps format is not easy to extract anyway i can't for example easy use it in google earth using one of the standard formats.
1-31 09:52
Use props
jbrujah
lvl.1

Germany

agree, the option to disable the GPS tracking would be really useful to increase battery life
2-1 17:03
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. We're sorry to hear that this option isn't available at the moment. This will be considered as a suggestion and forwarded to our relevant team for future reference. Thank you for your support.
2-2 02:33
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_J1UCksIbciBS Posted at 1-31 09:52
Yes please i have the same request, the gps format is not easy to extract anyway i can't for example easy use it in google earth using one of the standard formats.

Hi, there. Thank you for your additional input. We're sorry that this option isn't available at the moment. Rest assured that your feedback will taken into consideration.
2-2 02:35
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

jbrujah Posted at 2-1 17:03
agree, the option to disable the GPS tracking would be really useful to increase battery life

Hello. We do appreciate sharing your thoughts with us. Please be assured that we'll constantly be forwarding relevant feedback regarding this feature to our corresponding team. We thank you for your great support.
2-2 02:38
Use props
fans1771f69d
New

United Kingdom

I also find to remote battery to be very poor indeed. How can it last less than 1 camera battery? I wouldn't of purchased it knowing this....

I have just fully charged it. When I switched it off and straight back on its down to 91%.

Then off and on again its on 85%? What the hell....15% drop in 2 cycles of switching on and off. Its a joke I think it must be defective
2-4 06:49
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans1771f69d Posted at 2-4 06:49
I also find to remote battery to be very poor indeed. How can it last less than 1 camera battery? I wouldn't of purchased it knowing this....

I have just fully charged it. When I switched it off and straight back on its down to 91%.

Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about the situation. May I confirm if the product is newly purchased? If so, you may contact your dealer if this was purchased through your local dealer, or you may reach us at www.dji.com/support (Contact Us) for immediate assistance. We thank you for your cooperation.
2-6 00:48
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

The OA4 gps remote doesn't convince me, just put the OA2 remote in a ziplock bag and it works on the water too

hallo DJi
open the api bt to Telesin and we have a remote for the cam . Gopro api is no secret!!!
2-9 09:56
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

where can I find the gps data??.
2-9 10:05
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

sleeping mode

After 15 minutes the remote control Display goes into standby mode
low battery consumption ( indoor no gps )
after 30min  Remote shut down
2x30min sleeping mode from 100% to 70% Battery
IMG_20240210_044853.jpg
IMG_20240210_044114.jpg
2-9 20:07
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

safe Remote Battery
after start Record shutdown the Remote
in record mode display is allways on but Battery drain is less than sleeping mode

After 2x30min sleeping mode and 1h filming still 44% battery power ( indoor no gps )
2-9 21:07
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lutzmix Posted at 2-9 21:07
safe Remote Battery
after start Record shutdown the Remote
in record mode display is allways on but Battery drain is less than sleeping mode

What do you mean no GPS?
I see you've changed it now to no indoor GPS, that goes without saying ;)
2-9 21:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules