feedback on the remote gps + mic2 + action 4
265 4 1-31 11:13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_J1UCksIbciBS
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hi i just got the remote gps for the action4 that i use for bicycle videos (linked a example) and here is some feedback and feature requests.

What is nice is that it works in combo with the mic2 both connected over bt that was unclear but happy to see it works.

For me the main feature has to be that i can check if the recording is still going well and doesn't distract me like for example
a live feedback or a phone would do. Esp. the red record blinking is fine for that but i do feel it doesn't provide me feedback if my 'whole' recording
is going well so remote, camera and mic. Some features i would like to see

1) be able to turn gps off/on esp. if it can't provide me with direct files like gpx file that i can load into say google earth (see my example video)

2) also provde feedback on if the mic2 is still connected and providing audio to the action4. Since the 'ok' color is blue on the mic2 use that. blink only red (like now) if
no mic2 is connected but instead of red/off/fed/off make it go red/blue/red/blue/red/blue . Now i can see in corner of my eye not only if i am recording but that the mic2 is sending audio to the action4 correctly.

3) more complex but nice would be to also use the green light for feedback for example i would love to see it being used to tell me if the camera is still level in both horizon and tilt angle. I know horizon mode can help a little but always nicer to be close. A good way would be to set a angle so for example blink green if angle is set to 15degrees than it would stop blinking green if it become more. With also the mic2 being active the blinking would then be red/blue/green/red/blue/green/red/...    If out of range i would only see red/blue/red/blue or if issue with mic2 only red/off/red/off ... all this only during recording. The end result would be that i can in the corner of my eye see within 3 seconds if all is ok i am still recording, mic2 is sending audio to oa4 and my camera is within the 15degree range (for example).

4) showing how long i am recording is fine and that i can also see how much space left also is fine but if my OA4 battery runs out i have no warning. Next  to the battery for the remote there should really also be a same icon for the battery state of the OA4 next or under the remote unit one. and it should blink when battery of any goes under 20%

5) make the hh:mm:sec timer bigger or put more on the screen its a waste of space. Personally i say make it bigger but rotate with other info (see point 6)

6) i don't need to know every second how long i have been recording it would be way nicer if depending on what is connected/happening if cycles through multiple screens say every 2 or 3 seconds. For example : timer (as now), (mic2) incoming wav form, levels (horizon and tilt) in degrees, battery persentage for remote and OA4 and maybe more.

There is a logic in all these requests. Use the LED colors (during recording) to allow me to glance at the remote in the corner of my eye and detect if something is wrong (i miss one of the colors in the cycle). But only make me watch the display (bring it to my face, eye line) when i want to check what is happening or want more data like how long have i been recording, how much space is left, how is audio doing etc etc.... glance would take nearly zero of my attention and watching one single feedback per cycle of say 2 or 3 seconds would also be easy todo when you do look at the device.

I hope this makes sense and the firmware team has plans to use the remote smarter. I personally don't want a insta360 like remote with live feed, 100 menu's and settings that can distract me but i do want using the corner of my eye notice a 'change in things' by missing a color and being able to watch the display (rotating) some key data if i do watch it in bold letters to i can quickly glance it. Example a large 40% 80% on the displayn would tell me OA4 at 40%, remote at 80%.

Please tell me if feedback like this makes sense and helps,

example video with gps overlays using remote/mic2/oa4 (link not working url : https://youtu.be/E8FxSAbFGGA?si=8rP-cg74mJs1dumt )

Daniel Ockeloen.

1-31 11:13
Use props
djiuser_J1UCksIbciBS
lvl.2
Netherlands

link not showing ? example video
1-31 11:13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and suggestions. We genuinely appreciate your willingness to share your thoughts and help us improve our products and services. Our customer feedback is incredibly important to us, as it allows us to identify areas of improvement and make the necessary enhancements to meet your needs and expectations. Your suggestions provide us with valuable insights, and we are grateful for your proactive approach to helping us deliver a better customer experience.

Moreover, we will carefully review your suggestions and possibly explore ways to implement them in the near future. Your input will be taken into consideration during our product development and improvement process. We greatly value your continued support and trust in us. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime. Cheers!
2-2 00:20
Use props
danielock
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-2 00:20
Hi, there! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and suggestions. We genuinely appreciate your willingness to share your thoughts and help us improve our products and services. Our customer feedback is incredibly important to us, as it allows us to identify areas of improvement and make the necessary enhancements to meet your needs and expectations. Your suggestions provide us with valuable insights, and we are grateful for your proactive approach to helping us deliver a better customer experience.

Moreover, we will carefully review your suggestions and possibly explore ways to implement them in the near future. Your input will be taken into consideration during our product development and improvement process. We greatly value your continued support and trust in us. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime. Cheers!

I have worked with several companies and i understand we probably will not get direct feedback from the firmware team what is coming and i respect that. Please do note (since i am a software engineer 30+ years) i am willing to talk in private (under a nda if needed) or do testing on things. Ill continue to post my ideas in the hope some make sense and are within the time and hardware constraints of getting added to current or future products.
2-2 01:22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

danielock Posted at 2-2 01:22
I have worked with several companies and i understand we probably will not get direct feedback from the firmware team what is coming and i respect that. Please do note (since i am a software engineer 30+ years) i am willing to talk in private (under a nda if needed) or do testing on things. Ill continue to post my ideas in the hope some make sense and are within the time and hardware constraints of getting added to current or future products.

Thank you for responding. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2-2 21:35
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules