487 14 1-31 12:16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Before asking - my Mini 4 pro is updated with the latest FW and SW, but today after shooting 2 successful panos, on the last flight while shooting pictures for 360 it suddenly stopped with the camera upwards, I moved a bit, and because the sunset was magnificent tried again with the same result - stopped shooting with camera up.
Does anybody else have this experience?
1-31 12:16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Alex. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. May I please ask if you have managed to record the screen during the time that you experienced the issue? Could you please try to have a test flight and please upload the screen recording for further investigation? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
1-31 23:25
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-31 23:25
Hi, Alex. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. May I please ask if you have managed to record the screen during the time that you experienced the issue? Could you please try to have a test flight and please upload the screen recording for further investigation? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Sorry No screen recording and as usually it's OK I do not know when if at all it'll happen again - hope not Strange no notification in the log
1-31 23:47
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

alex_markov Posted at 1-31 23:47
Sorry No screen recording and as usually it's OK I do not know when if at all it'll happen again - hope not Strange no notification in the log

Thank you for keeping us posted, Alex. If this issue happens again, kindly please initiate a screen recording and provide it to us so we can confirm the issue. Video showing the issue is very helpful for us to isolate the issue and provide you with an accurate resolution. Have a nice day, Alex, and thank you for your valued support.
2-1 20:52
Use props
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7878520 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I have exactly the same issue since the last update. it stops most of the times after the 3rd or 4th picture aiming upwards (4%). It stills there and after a while it puts the camera down and stops the process without any message. Totally weird. Needed a lot of attempts so it sometimes finally proceeds after the 4th pano shot.
2-2 02:21
Use props
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-1 20:52
Thank you for keeping us posted, Alex. If this issue happens again, kindly please initiate a screen recording and provide it to us so we can confirm the issue. Video showing the issue is very helpful for us to isolate the issue and provide you with an accurate resolution. Have a nice day, Alex, and thank you for your valued support.

today i had the same issue not only with 360 pano, but doing a 180 pano for a customer of mine: it always stopped shooting the pano ater the second pano of the fifth row. tried 15 times, failed. no message of drone moving or something. finally given up. yes, everything calibartetd and re-calibrated, almost no wind, daytime.  this is really annoying. i never had this issue with the mini 3 pro. maybe also related to the drifting problem of the mini 4 pro?
3-5 08:21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Nexus Redux Posted at 3-5 08:21
today i had the same issue not only with 360 pano, but doing a 180 pano for a customer of mine: it always stopped shooting the pano ater the second pano of the fourth row. tried 15 times, failed. finally given up. yes, everything calibartetd and re-calibrated, almost no wind, daytime.  this is really annoying. i never had this issue with the mini 3 pro. maybe also related to the drifting problem of the mini 4 pro?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Could you please upload a screen recording showing the issue so we can check it further? You may upload the video via Google Drive or YouTube then send the link here. Please keep us posted.
3-6 23:57
Use props
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-6 23:57
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Could you please upload a screen recording showing the issue so we can check it further? You may upload the video via Google Drive or YouTube then send the link here. Please keep us posted.

so far i could not finalize any 180 pano, it always stopped, at the 5th row, 2nd picture. Sometimes wothout any message, sometimes with the message the drone is moving (no wind, all calibrated, ). ill do a screen recording soon... i never had any of those issues with the mini 3 pro.
3-17 10:16
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Probably not related as I'm on a Mini 2 and I havent tested the problem for a while, but I'll mention it anyway just in case it is relevant...

I found with my Mini 2 that if I had JPEG+RAW selected for panoramas they would always fail after a few shots in the sequence (about 17% IIRC).

Shooting JPEG only worked every time. jPEG+RAW failed every time.

I haven't tried JPEG+RAW for over 12 months now because of this.
3-17 14:54
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Nexus Redux Posted at 3-17 10:16
so far i could not finalize any 180 pano, it always stopped, at the 5th row, 2nd picture. Sometimes wothout any message, sometimes with the message the drone is moving (no wind, all calibrated, ). ill do a screen recording soon... i never had any of those issues with the mini 3 pro.

Thank you for the information provided, Nexus. We will wait for the screen recording for us to further investigate the issue. Please upload it as soon as it is available. We appreciate your cooperation.
3-17 20:19
Use props
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

did u ever try 180 panoramas? i could not finalize a singel one of the 180s. now i know why, did tests close above the ground: when it takes panos, it does 4 columns first to the left, makes then a huge turn to the right to start with the 5th column - as soon as it does that, it moves backwards by itself (no wind) and then stops taking panos by saying its moving ^^ - there was no wind. something seems to be wrong with the algorythm.

try 180s please. i couldnt finalise a single one. with 360 panos i have similar issues as u have
3-20 00:40
Use props
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-17 20:19
Thank you for the information provided, Nexus. We will wait for the screen recording for us to further investigate the issue. Please upload it as soon as it is available. We appreciate your cooperation.

so i tried yesterday with lots of tests, including screen recordings. i did the tests then close to the ground, to see what it does. so far i couldnt finalize a single 180 panorama shot, it always stops at the same step. now i know why. with 360 panos it sometimes struggles as described above by the opener of this thread.

with 180 panos: when it takes panos, it does 4 columns first to the left, one after the other, then makes a huge turn to the right to start with the 5th column - as soon as it does that, it starts to move constantly backwards by itself, looks like programmed, but keeps altitude and then stops taking panos by saying its moving after the second shot - of course if its moving by itself constantly backwards ^^

i thought maybe its helpful to record this awkward moving back with my mobile phone. Should i record that as well?
______
Everything calibrated, no wind and i never had any crashes with this drone or whatsoever.

3-20 00:43
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Nexus Redux Posted at 3-20 00:43
so i tried yesterday with lots of thests, including screen recordings. i did the tests then close to the ground, to see what it does. so far i couldnt finalize a single 180 panorama shot, it always stops at the same step. now i know why. with 360 panos it sometimes struggles as described above by the opener of this thread.

with 180 panos: when it takes panos, it does 4 columns first to the left, one after the other, then makes a huge turn to the right to start with the 5th column - as soon as it does that, it starts to move constantly backwards by itself, looks like programmed, but keeps altitude and then stops taking panos by saying its moving after the second shot - of course if its moving by itself constantly backwards ^^

Hello, Nexus. Thank you for keeping us posted. As you have mentioned this issue occurs after doing a firmware update, can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware of both aircraft and remote controller then check if the issue persists? And yes, if you can record the backward behavior that would be very helpful as well so we can further isolate the issue. We need the video of the issue for us to investigate the issue further. Please keep us posted.
3-22 03:29
Use props
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-22 03:29
Hello, Nexus. Thank you for keeping us posted. As you have mentioned this issue occurs after doing a firmware update, can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware of both aircraft and remote controller then check if the issue persists? And yes, if you can record the backward behavior that would be very helpful as well so we can further isolate the issue. We need the video of the issue for us to investigate the issue further. Please keep us posted.

I did reinstall the update with the software as mentioned. Nothing changed. All calibrated. 180 panoramas are not working. It always interrupts when it switches to the 5th column, where it makes a huge turn from the end of the left side of the 180 pano to start the right side. Then it starts to constantly fly backwards and then on picture 2 of the 5th column it - of course - interrupts because of its own movement backwards.

I'll do a recording with my mobile to show the movement and I do also a screen recording. Where to send it? Wetransfer possible?

Can anyone else try the 180 pano if it works, as the were several posts here that since the last update the mini 4 pro had problems with panos? Thx in advance!
4-27 04:22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Nexus Redux Posted at 4-27 04:22
I did reinstall the update with the software as mentioned. Nothing changed. All calibrated. 180 panoramas are not working. It always interrupts when it switches to the 5th column, where it makes a huge turn from the end of the left side of the 180 pano to start the right side. Then it starts to constantly fly backwards and then on picture 2 of the 5th column it - of course - interrupts because of its own movement backwards.

I'll do a recording with my mobile to show the movement and I do also a screen recording. Where to send it? Wetransfer possible?

Thank you for your response, Nexus. Kindly upload the video via Google Drive and send the link here so we can review it. Please let us know. We appreciate your cooperation.
yesterday 03:39
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules