DJI Mic 2 connected to Black Magic Cam app on an iPhone.
1694 5 1-31 15:53
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flying Peacock
lvl.1
Flight distance : 187 ft

United States

Hello.

I connected my DJI Mic 2 with Blackmagic Cam app using bluetooth on my iPhone 15 Pro Max.  Everything was working fine for a couple of days. Then I was unable to hear any of my new recordings. I can see Blackmagic Cam is using DJI Mic 2 as the audio source mic and I see the meters working away as I am talking. All seems to be fine, but when I playback all I get is silence?

I spent a good hour on the phone with a very helpfull Tech. Support guy  from Apple who found nothing wrong with any of my iPhone settings that could be muting the Mic.

Any suggestions.

Ian.
1-31 15:53
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi there, about the issue you mentioned, here are several ways to help you further confirm. First, could you please confirm whether are there any upgraded versions of your mobile phone system and Blackmagic Cam App? If you have an upgraded version, the reason why it cannot be externalized may be due to the version upgrade. It is recommended that you use the DJI Mimo App (which requires the latest version) for recording. Or use these two apps (Filmic Pro, Protake) to record. Second, if your mobile phone or Blackmagic Cam App has not been upgraded, you can turn off the transmitter and then test whether the phone can play sound normally. If it still cannot play sound, there may be a problem with the phone. Third, if your phone can play sound after turning off the transmitter, it is recommended that you use the DJI Mimo App or other two apps (Filmic Pro, Protake), and then test whether the phone can play the sound normally.
2-2 23:25
Use props
Flying Peacock
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-2 23:25
Hi there, about the issue you mentioned, here are several ways to help you further confirm. First, could you please confirm whether are there any upgraded versions of your mobile phone system and Blackmagic Cam App? If you have an upgraded version, the reason why it cannot be externalized may be due to the version upgrade. It is recommended that you use the DJI Mimo App (which requires the latest version) for recording. Or use these two apps (Filmic Pro, Protake) to record. Second, if your mobile phone or Blackmagic Cam App has not been upgraded, you can turn off the transmitter and then test whether the phone can play sound normally. If it still cannot play sound, there may be a problem with the phone. Third, if your phone can play sound after turning off the transmitter, it is recommended that you use the DJI Mimo App or other two apps (Filmic Pro, Protake), and then test whether the phone can play the sound normally.

Hello Wanda.

Thanks for your reply anf information. As far as I know I have the latest version of everything. I have DJI Mimo and I am using it with my DJI Mic 2 and my Osmo Mobile 6 Gimble, using Bluetooth and they all seem to be working fine. I am waiting to hear back from back from a post I put up on Blackmagic Cam Forum.

I will try using DJI Mimo and Mic 2 only. The iPhone is working fine. I spent an hour with Apple Tech Support going over all the various combinations that could be a problem with the iPhone Mic and it is working fine. The DJI Mic 2 shows up as being connected on Bluetooth but does not show up on the Mic Settings on my iPhone.

Oncea again, thank you for your suggestions. I will try again later today.

Best regards.

Ian.
2-3 11:08
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Flying Peacock Posted at 2-3 11:08
Hello Wanda.

Thanks for your reply anf information. As far as I know I have the latest version of everything. I have DJI Mimo and I am using it with my DJI Mic 2 and my Osmo Mobile 6 Gimble, using Bluetooth and they all seem to be working fine. I am waiting to hear back from back from a post I put up on Blackmagic Cam Forum.

Okay, you can also use other two apps (Filmic Pro, Protake) for recording. If you need any other help, please feel free to contact us.
2-3 20:34
Use props
Flying Peacock
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-3 20:34
Okay, you can also use other two apps (Filmic Pro, Protake) for recording. If you need any other help, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers.

ian

2-9 20:34
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Flying Peacock Posted at 2-9 20:34
Thank you for your help.

Cheers.