How To Get The SMOOTHEST Drone Hyperlapses Possible

2-1 00:21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice find DA.    Thanks for sharing.  Billy put out some great info in that video.  
2-1 03:42
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-1 03:42
Nice find DA.    Thanks for sharing.  Billy put out some great info in that video.

No Probs,  I got a few good tips from that one too.
2-1 04:41
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-1 04:41
No Probs,  I got a few good tips from that one too.

He seems to always come up with some interesting details.  I'll probably watch that video again to make sure I picked up on all the details.
2-1 11:34
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-1 11:34
He seems to always come up with some interesting details.  I'll probably watch that video again to make sure I picked up on all the details.

I had a play with one this morning,  but the drone was struggling in the strong winds,  and even after stabilising there was still some turning motion.
2-2 02:41
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-2 02:41
I had a play with one this morning,  but the drone was struggling in the strong winds,  and even after stabilising there was still some turning motion.

On windy days it would be nice to have a bit larger drone but then again for you that puts a lot of restrictions in place.  I'm still amazed though at how well the Mini 3 Pro can handle the winds.  No way the used Mini 2 I bought way back when could handle winds even close to what the Mini 3 Pro can.
2-2 03:51
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-2 03:51
On windy days it would be nice to have a bit larger drone but then again for you that puts a lot of restrictions in place.  I'm still amazed though at how well the Mini 3 Pro can handle the winds.  No way the used Mini 2 I bought way back when could handle winds even close to what the Mini 3 Pro can.

The way the winds are today its more about protecting the pilot not the drone.
2-2 03:54
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-2 03:54
The way the winds are today its more about protecting the pilot not the drone.

I hear you on that.  I'm assuming your got all your wood sawed now?
2-2 04:26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-2 04:26
I hear you on that.  I'm assuming your got all your wood sawed now?

Yes,  all the softwood is cut ready,  Ive also moved almost all of the last log delivery,  although they are not logs yet,   tree rounds the size of a truck wheel most of them,  10 more of those to move 150ft and it will be in place to start splitting.
2-2 06:26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-2 06:26
Yes,  all the softwood is cut ready,  Ive also moved almost all of the last log delivery,  although they are not logs yet,   tree rounds the size of a truck wheel most of them,  10 more of those to move 150ft and it will be in place to start splitting.

Please tell me your have a mechanical splitter machine.  For tree rounds that size you would definitely need one.
2-2 17:21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-2 17:21
Please tell me your have a mechanical splitter machine.  For tree rounds that size you would definitely need one.

I have an axe, a sledge hammer,  and splitting maul and a wedge.    Old school here.  
2-3 03:00
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 03:00
I have an axe, a sledge hammer,  and splitting maul and a wedge.    Old school here.

Okay, so you are definitely into manual labor in that respect.  I love using sledge hammers when doing demolition.  
2-3 14:01
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-3 14:01
Okay, so you are definitely into manual labor in that respect.  I love using sledge hammers when doing demolition.

Ive heard good thing about the hydraulic splitters but Im not sure I want to drop the cash on one yet.   And the wedges that can be stuck sound intriguing to me.
2-4 06:56
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-4 06:56
Ive heard good thing about the hydraulic splitters but Im not sure I want to drop the cash on one yet.   And the wedges that can be stuck sound intriguing to me.

I guess it would only be a wise investment if you had a large enough need for it.  No doubt it is not something you would use year around.
2-4 13:32
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-4 13:32
I guess it would only be a wise investment if you had a large enough need for it.  No doubt it is not something you would use year around.

And it's yet another thing to store for most of the year.
2-5 00:54
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-5 00:54
And it's yet another thing to store for most of the year.

Yeah, that would be a drawback, especially if you are already experiencing a shortage of storage spaces.  Definitely wouldn't want it sitting out in the elements year around.  
2-5 04:26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-5 04:26
Yeah, that would be a drawback, especially if you are already experiencing a shortage of storage spaces.  Definitely wouldn't want it sitting out in the elements year around.

Iam a self confessed hoarder so space is always a problem,  that and I have a lot of tools already.  
2-5 05:50
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-5 05:50
Iam a self confessed hoarder so space is always a problem,  that and I have a lot of tools already.

Having lots of tools is always a good thing though.  Never know when you'll need that particular one tool that nobody else seems to have.
2-6 10:57
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-6 10:57
Having lots of tools is always a good thing though.  Never know when you'll need that particular one tool that nobody else seems to have.

That happens surprisingly a lot.   
2-6 23:50
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-6 23:50
That happens surprisingly a lot.

The handiest tool I  ever bought was my wowstick.  Goes everywhere with me.  I keep one in my truck and one in my drone go bag.
2-7 04:35
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-7 04:35
The handiest tool I  ever bought was my wowstick.  Goes everywhere with me.  I keep one in my truck and one in my drone go bag.

lol. I have two as well and too many bits. . I 3d printed a mount so that I can have the wowstick and a tube of common bits on the back of my work bench.
2-7 04:51
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-7 04:51
lol. I have two as well and too many bits. . I 3d printed a mount so that I can have the wowstick and a tube of common bits on the back of my work bench.

That's a great idea and really keeps it handy.  
2-8 10:27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-8 10:27
That's a great idea and really keeps it handy.

Its very handy like that especially as its not a good shape for a standard tool rack hole.
2-9 02:03
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-9 02:03
Its very handy like that especially as its not a good shape for a standard tool rack hole.

Just amazing what you can do with a 3D printer and some knowledge.
2-9 13:27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-9 13:27
Just amazing what you can do with a 3D printer and some knowledge.

Yep,    the latest project was making bird feeders,   another few of the UFO design have been produced.  
2-10 03:07
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-10 03:07
Yep,    the latest project was making bird feeders,   another few of the UFO design have been produced.

Dang, I should have bought that 3D printer when I looked into it but I really didn't have the need as it was more just a desire to tinker with one.  
2-10 05:00
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-10 05:00
Dang, I should have bought that 3D printer when I looked into it but I really didn't have the need as it was more just a desire to tinker with one.

The UFO feeder is CNC cut for the sides and then some interesting bending of ply to form the top and Botton into the grooves that the CNC cut.   Then lots of clamps to hold it together until the glue dries.

I usually then give them a coat of dark stain for protection of the weather.    Im now having to work on. squirrel proofing them.  
2-10 23:55
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-10 23:55
The UFO feeder is CNC cut for the sides and then some interesting bending of ply to form the top and Botton into the grooves that the CNC cut.   Then lots of clamps to hold it together until the glue dries.

I usually then give them a coat of dark stain for protection of the weather.    Im now having to work on. squirrel proofing them.  [view_image]

That's going to be a project for sure.  Squirrels seem to be very curious little animals and being near the bottom of the food chain they approach objects that strike their interest or promise food.  Good luck on keeping them out.
2-11 13:48
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-11 13:48
That's going to be a project for sure.  Squirrels seem to be very curious little animals and being near the bottom of the food chain they approach objects that strike their interest or promise food.  Good luck on keeping them out.

Ive come up with this that the string they hang from passes through,    first one is installed so we will see what happens with it.

2-12 01:04
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-12 01:04
Ive come up with this that the string they hang from passes through,    first one is installed so we will see what happens with it.

[view_image]

That does look like it will be most effective.  
2-12 03:14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-12 03:14
That does look like it will be most effective.

I hope so or it will be a waste of wire.
2-12 05:43
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I saved this one for later
3-25 00:29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain