HELP ME - stock DJI RC1B has very dangerous lag!!!
360 8 2-1 07:10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CR-Mavic2Pro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105715 ft

Italy

Let me start by saying that until the penultimate flight (many months ago) my Mavic 2 Pro always worked perfectly and so did the supplied RC1B controller.Today, after having updated the firmware to the latest version as required by the DJI GO4 app, I flew the drone again and I noticed that suddenly all the commands I sent from the controller were received dangerously late (several tens of seconds), in particular photo capture/stop, video capture/stop, gimbal movement; even advanced flight functions started/stopped by the application (e.g. Cinematic, Hyperlapse, POI, etc...) were performed late or not even performed by the drone. RTH was also performed with an unusual delay.
Furthermore, all the telemetry data detected by the controller was received and shown by DJI GO4 with a delay of several tens of seconds.

It had never happened.

I first thought of a malfunction of the drone, but I found no errors in this regard.
then I thought it was a problem with the USB cable, but even after replacing the smartphone-controller connection cable the problem remained.

In deep desperation I rang my neighbor (who has a Mavic2 Pro like mine) and asked him to lend me his controller (same RC1B model) to see if the problem persisted or not even with a different controller.

I connected my neighbor's controller to my smartphone, started DJI GO4, paired the controller to my mavic 2 pro, took off the drone and..... amazing!... everything worked perfectly again, without any lag, constantly synchronized telemetry between controller and DJI GO4, all flight and image/video capture commands and even advanced functions were received and executed immediately by the drone.
I ran this test for about 20 minutes, letting the drone run up to almost 2km away and with my neighbour's controller (identical to mine) everything worked perfectly, including the RTH.

Once the drone landed, I turned everything off, took my RC1B controller again, connected the smartphone with the same USB cable, started DJI GO4, paired my controller with the drone again, took off the drone and.... nothing to do!!! ....the Mavic 2 Pro started executing all commands again with a delay or even refusing to execute them and even the telemetry transmission was once again received and shown by DJI GO4 with a huge delay.

Same Mavic 2 Pro, same smartphone, same USB cable, same firmware (the latest), but with my RC1B everything lags dangerously while with my neighbor's RC1B no lag and everything works perfectly.
It's clear that the problem lies with my controller, but what is the problem???
Above all, what should I do to restore the perfect functioning of my controller???

Have any of you had a similar problem before me? ....and how did you solve it?

2-1 07:10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried to refresh the firmware on the controller?   theres a guide here if you haven't done it before -

2-1 07:35
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bonus points for the usage of lots of question marks!

I like the refresh idea.  Barring that, you have a unit on the fritz.  These things do not always last forever.  You may need to just send it in for service.
2-1 11:44
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd suggest two things,
1) calibrate your controller and see if it makes a difference
If not
2) set your friend's controller as the primary and your controller as the secondary then, flying somewhere safe, alternate between the two controllers in the same flight.
Both controlers can be switched on simultaneously and ANY input to the primary will override inputs from the secondary. If I remember correctly the primary remains the active controller for a second or two after all inputs to the primary cease.
You should have a phone connected to each controller and it's probably best if both apps are logged into the same DJI account.
Check whether or not the delay is present when your controller is used.
If the delay is present switch your controller to the primary and your friend's controller to the secondary and try again.

Fly very simple flights, low and close, using purely manual inputs and post the flight logs, I am guessing the joystick inputs to the controller are recorded in the log immediately and that the response is recorded as the data reaches the controller etc...
From memory the secondary controller DOES NOT create logs so logs will only be available from the phone connected to the primary.

If you can get hold of an RC1A you will also get DAT's on its phone providing it is used as the primary.

2-1 15:52
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software using the link below and please update/refresh the firmware of the said remote controller and check if the issue persists? You may also try to run some RC calibration via the DJI Go 4 app and check the behavior of the controller during calibration. Please keep us posted.

https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... ant-dji-2-for-mavic
2-1 22:45
Use props
CR-Mavic2Pro
lvl.1

Italy

DAFlys Posted at 2-1 07:35
Have you tried to refresh the firmware on the controller?   theres a guide here if you haven't done it before -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qB4RnhRVF8

Good morning to you and to the other users who are following me in this problem

I followed your advice, downloaded and installed the DJI Assistant application.

I discovered a lot of interesting things and I will try to attach some screenshots.

If I connect my neighbor's RC1B controller, DJI Assistant sees it as "Mavic 2 controller" and offers the option to refresh the already installed firmware or install previous ones.

If I connect my RC1B controller, DJI Assistant sees it (inexplicably) as "Mavic 2 enterprise RC" and also in this case offers me the possibility to refresh the already installed firmware or install other previous ones, but the firmware it offers me are all different from the ones proposed for my neighbor's controller.

At this point, as you and other users had suspected, there is a firmware problem.

So I ask you now: how do I reconvert my controller so that DJI Assistant recognizes it simply as "Mavic 2 controller" and then install the right firmware on it?

2-3 00:23
Use props
CR-Mavic2Pro
lvl.1

Italy

i can't delete this post!
2-3 00:27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CR-Mavic2Pro Posted at 2-3 00:27

Sadly you can delete posts.  
2-3 00:54
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CR-Mavic2Pro Posted at 2-3 00:27

Looks like youve found your issue.      Have a look upon eBay there are loads of RC1B controllers for sale.  
2-3 00:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules