Had a little crash today
329 5 2-1 16:32
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
New Avata User
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So as the title says i had a crash wasnt a big one the drone looks to be in perfect condition going to wait till tomorrow to try again little shaken up as its my first time trying it. Here is some information on what happened, It was a little bit windy down the beach said 10mph winds and it was dark i was under a lamppost which gave a good amount of light set up ready to fly armed the drone and used the auto take off button which the drone proceded to do so, but then veered into the wall next to me and it crashed i am just wondering do you think it could have been too windy, which to be fair i have a dji mini 3 and i know that would have been fine in the winds. Anyways im just here to see if anyone might have any idea as to why my drone veered of left im also using the motion controller 2 thanks in advance peeps and happy flying .
2-1 16:32
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi there, we are sorry for the disruption caused to you during the use of the product. Many factors can affect the take-off status, such as wind speed, GPS signal stability, ambient light, etc. The max wind speed resistance of DJI Avata is 10.7 m/s. If you need to test again tomorrow, we recommend that you fly in an open environment with good lighting and high GPS signal strength during the day. Besides, if the drone has already crashed, based on flight safety considerations, you can also send it back for testing. If you have any questions about the cause of the accident, we will provide free data analysis under warranty to determine the cause in detail.
2-1 20:36
Use props
Arkangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 291345 ft
Brunei

Should avoid taking off near anything that can either block GPS or create a prop wash coming back at the drone as this will cause it to compensate, There are no sensors to tell it there is a wall next to it.
2-4 14:17
Use props
djiuser_uusgQcN3PoEV
lvl.1

Romania

Preety same here - I just update my drone with latest Flysafe update - after that I didn't restart my drone because I forget and Dji don't remind you on the goggles to restart your drone...

I started the motors and press the lock button to auto take off and after that the drone goes crazy in the left direction and didn't respond to the commands/ panic button = crash into the wall.

Dji should require after every update to restart your drone.
2-6 00:11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_uusgQcN3PoEV Posted at 2-6 00:11
Preety same here - I just update my drone with latest Flysafe update - after that I didn't restart my drone because I forget and Dji don't remind you on the goggles to restart your drone...

I started the motors and press the lock button to auto take off and after that the drone goes crazy in the left direction and didn't respond to the commands/ panic button = crash into the wall.

Hello, there. Sorry to hear about the incident that happened. May I confirm the current condition of the aircraft? If you wish to send your aircraft in service, you may simply visit this link. We thank you for your cooperation.
2-7 00:09
Use props
GTHero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1832372 ft
Australia

The wind shouldn't have been a problem - unless you launched right next to the wall!  I don't use the MC myself, but could you have inadvertently tilted it?

Did you say it was your first time flying the drone?  Perhaps when you try again you could fly a different location and time of day?  e.g. daylight, low wind, & no nearby walls, lamp-posts or trees to crash into.
2-8 18:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules