Wreck of the Emerald Wing, an Orkney Blockship..
163 20 2-2 01:12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albion Drones
First Officer
Flight distance : 2605597 ft
United Kingdom

Another relaxing video today, this one a poignant reminder of the times of war, the wreck of the Emerald Wing, an Orkney Blockship...

2-2 01:12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely clear footage and so calm.
2-2 03:20
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-2 03:20
Lovely clear footage and so calm.

Thanks, it was amazingly still and clear, although the other side of the barrier wasnt as still
2-2 03:50
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5009016 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice topdowns of the water here.
2-2 05:56
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-2 05:56
Nice topdowns of the water here.

Thank you, appreciate the comment and the watch
2-2 06:34
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Lovely weather, great place - bit depressing music
2-2 07:06
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 2-2 07:06
Lovely weather, great place - bit depressing music

Granted... I was after something sombre, it worked fo me...
2-2 08:16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great detail your the video.  There was a documentary about the block-ships on TV recently, as it happens.
2-2 09:20
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2-2 09:20
Great detail your the video.  There was a documentary about the block-ships on TV recently, as it happens.

Thanks... Oooh, that sounds interesting, any idea what it was called or channel it was on?
2-2 09:22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 2-2 09:22
Thanks... Oooh, that sounds interesting, any idea what it was called or channel it was on?

I think it may have been the Abandoned Engineering series on one of the free-to-air channels.
Yesterday, or Paramount ( not Dave)  I should have paid more attention, sorry.
2-2 09:33
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2-2 09:33
I think it may have been the Abandoned Engineering series on one of the free-to-air channels.
Yesterday, or Paramount ( not Dave)  I should have paid more attention, sorry.

No worries..
2-2 10:46
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Splendid job of filming and editing.    That water is so clear. I'd love to bring my dive gear and make some bubble in and around that wreck.   

However, it is a sad reminder of the negatives when wars are waged.  
2-2 18:41
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-2 18:41
Splendid job of filming and editing.    That water is so clear. I'd love to bring my dive gear and make some bubble in and around that wreck.   

However, it is a sad reminder of the negatives when wars are waged.

Thank you kindly...

Yes, the wrecks and relics of Orkney are something to behold, but a poignant reminder of the sadness and pain that war brings, all the more noticeable when it is in your own country...
2-3 01:06
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 2-3 01:06
Thank you kindly...

Yes, the wrecks and relics of Orkney are something to behold, but a poignant reminder of the sadness and pain that war brings, all the more noticeable when it is in your own country...

My pleasure.  Hope you are having a great weekend.
2-3 13:43
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-3 13:43
My pleasure.  Hope you are having a great weekend.

Relaxing today, planning some crafting projects... Hope your weekend is going well
2-3 14:03
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 2-3 14:03
Relaxing today, planning some crafting projects... Hope your weekend is going well

My day didn't go quite as I had expected.  For the last couple of weeks my truck has been shifting gears a bit rough or sporadic.  I took it into a reputable transmission shop.  Unfortunately, it needs to be totally rebuilt.  Who'd have thought it would cost $4,215.  I guess it is because it is a 12 speed automatic and is loaded with electronic sensors, etc.  Anyway I've got 120,000 miles on my trusty old truck and it  is going to need a brake job and a new set of tires soon.  So I bit the bullet and bought a new one.  At least now I have 10 years or 100,000 miles coverage on the engine and transmission.  I keep telling myself it's only money and you can't take it with you when you go.  At least I've never seen a U-haul trailer being pulled behind a hearse.    Well maybe I have now.
HPUH.jpg
2-3 14:11
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-3 14:11
My day didn't go quite as I had expected.  For the last couple of weeks my truck has been shifting gears a bit rough or sporadic.  I took it into a reputable transmission shop.  Unfortunately, it needs to be totally rebuilt.  Who'd have thought it would cost $4,215.  I guess it is because it is a 12 speed automatic and is loaded with electronic sensors, etc.  Anyway I've got 120,000 miles on my trusty old truck and it  is going to need a brake job and a new set of tires soon.  So I bit the bullet and bought a new one.  At least now I have 10 years or 100,000 miles coverage on the engine and transmission.  I keep telling myself it's only money and you can't take it with you when you go.  At least I've never seen a U-haul trailer being pulled behind a hearse.    Well maybe I have now.

Eeek, not fun when things cost money...

I drive a MINI Countryman, do a lot of miles with work, so generally swap it every 3 to 4 years, which keeps me running in warranty...
2-3 14:36
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 2-3 14:36
Eeek, not fun when things cost money...

I drive a MINI Countryman, do a lot of miles with work, so generally swap it every 3 to 4 years, which keeps me running in warranty...

I used to switch cars every 3 years but since I retired I spent more time on my boat and traveling around the Caribbean so my truck rarely got driven for almost a year. So I just held onto it but since I'm not cruising as often on my boat now I've been driving more and I think I finally just wore it out.  With a couple of road trips coming up I figured I'd rather be in a reliable vehicles and one that had warranty coverage.   
2-4 12:58
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That's a lot of stuff in the water.
Nice job on the filming / flying
2-27 23:32
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2-27 23:32
That's a lot of stuff in the water.
Nice job on the filming / flying

Yup, something like 30 ships in the are, many of which are now burried in the silt...
Thank you

2-28 01:13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Albion Drones Posted at 2-28 01:13
Yup, something like 30 ships in the are, many of which are now burried in the silt...
Thank you

Wow, that is impressive!
2-28 01:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules