United Kingdom

Definite promise of a better day.
2-2 09:30
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3230748 ft

United States

Great shot, you gotta get up pretty early to get those.....
BTW, my area hasn't seen the sun in over 9 days. We've been told that tomorrow (Saturday) we can finally expect some sun. We'll see.
2-2 09:52
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Impressive capture DA.  Looks like the sun is doing everything it can to break through and make an appearance.  
2-2 18:35
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5039731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like a good day on the rise.
2-2 19:19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 2-2 07:04
Hinting at a nice one.

Indeed.  it did turn into a bright but windy day.  
2-3 01:30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-2 18:35
Impressive capture DA.  Looks like the sun is doing everything it can to break through and make an appearance.

We have a 50/50 day yesterday.  I did manage to polish the car and move the last of the wood to the wood shed ready for cutting/splitting but my planned flight to capture the old pub thats having a lot of work done was a bust due to the wind.  
2-3 02:38
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cacike47 Posted at 2-2 09:52
Great shot, you gotta get up pretty early to get those.....
BTW, my area hasn't seen the sun in over 9 days. We've been told that tomorrow (Saturday) we can finally expect some sun. We'll see.

Blimey,    you must be getting SAD...
2-3 02:50
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2-2 09:30
Definite promise of a better day.

we did get some bright spells, enough to polish the car but the wind out off the flight over the old pub thats having a lot of work done,  I though a few record shots might be worth while for the history books.
2-3 02:55
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 02:55
we did get some bright spells, enough to polish the car but the wind out off the flight over the old pub thats having a lot of work done,  I though a few record shots might be worth while for the history books.

They don't take up much room in the archives
2-3 03:11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2-3 03:11
They don't take up much room in the archives

I was toying with joining geograph for that sort of thing.  
2-3 03:19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 03:19
I was toying with joining geograph for that sort of thing.

I have around a 1000 images on Geograph.org -but all from around 18 years ago when I was active on the site.
2-3 03:31
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3230748 ft

United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 02:50
Blimey,    you must be getting SAD...

Yes, I'm almost feeling melancholic..waiting for Spring to arrive.
2-3 10:13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 02:38
We have a 50/50 day yesterday.  I did manage to polish the car and move the last of the wood to the wood shed ready for cutting/splitting but my planned flight to capture the old pub thats having a lot of work done was a bust due to the wind.

My day didn't go quite as I had expected.  For the last couple of weeks my truck has been shifting gears a bit rough or sporadic.  I took it into a reputable transmission shop.  Unfortunately, it needs to be totally rebuilt.  Who'd have thought it would cost $4,215.  I guess it is because it is a 12 speed automatic and is loaded with electronic sensors, etc., some of which are out of stock and have been out of stock for a month now.  Anyway I've got 120,000 miles on my trusty old truck and it is going to need a brake job and a new set of tires soon.  So I bit the bullet and bought a new truck.  At least now I have 10 years or 100,000 miles coverage on the engine and transmission.  
2-3 13:55
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2-3 03:31
I have around a 1000 images on Geograph.org -but all from around 18 years ago when I was active on the site.

It seems a nice place to leave some history behind.   
2-4 06:03
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-3 13:55
My day didn't go quite as I had expected.  For the last couple of weeks my truck has been shifting gears a bit rough or sporadic.  I took it into a reputable transmission shop.  Unfortunately, it needs to be totally rebuilt.  Who'd have thought it would cost $4,215.  I guess it is because it is a 12 speed automatic and is loaded with electronic sensors, etc., some of which are out of stock and have been out of stock for a month now.  Anyway I've got 120,000 miles on my trusty old truck and it is going to need a brake job and a new set of tires soon.  So I bit the bullet and bought a new truck.  At least now I have 10 years or 100,000 miles coverage on the engine and transmission.

Im assuming you didnt go for a cyber truck. .  
2-4 06:41
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-4 06:03
It seems a nice place to leave some history behind.

I still have the originals on CDs. Dozens of 'em. I keep meaning to transfer them all to External drives.
Save a bit of space.
2-4 07:53
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2-4 07:53
I still have the originals on CDs. Dozens of 'em. I keep meaning to transfer them all to External drives.
Save a bit of space.

Keep an eye on the old CDs/DVDs,  the really early ones I have started to delaminate,  the foil literally peels off the disc,   the newer blanks I had the foil is in a sandwich between to sheets of acrylic so I hope they will be better.  
2-4 07:55
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-4 07:55
Keep an eye on the old CDs/DVDs,  the really early ones I have started to delaminate,  the foil literally peels off the disc,   the newer blanks I had the foil is in a sandwich between to sheets of acrylic so I hope they will be better.

I'd better check them. They've been stored indoors for better than 17 years
2-4 08:11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2-4 08:11
I'd better check them. They've been stored indoors for better than 17 years

Even my commercial voice of the beehive audio cd went the same way.
2-4 08:14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-4 08:14
Even my commercial voice of the beehive audio cd went the same way.

You've got me worried now
2-4 08:27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-4 06:41
Im assuming you didnt go for a cyber truck. .

I was tempted but stayed with a gas powered truck.  It is a Chevrolet Colorado and should be very fuel efficient.  The color is Harvest Bronze Metallic but the metallic part really doesn't come out until  you get it out in the sun light and then....wow.  
2-4 13:23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-4 13:23
I was tempted but stayed with a gas powered truck.  It is a Chevrolet Colorado and should be very fuel efficient.  The color is Harvest Bronze Metallic but the metallic part really doesn't come out until  you get it out in the sun light and then....wow.

Nice,  we dont have those here,  the closest thing I can think of is the ford Ranger but I couldnt tell how the sizes compare.
2-5 00:36
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-5 00:36
Nice,  we dont have those here,  the closest thing I can think of is the ford Ranger but I couldnt tell how the sizes compare.

It is a bit larger than a Ford Ranger.  It has so many gadgets on it that I had to read through the owner's manual and then some of it I just had to play with and figure it out.  
2-5 04:09
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-5 04:09
It is a bit larger than a Ford Ranger.  It has so many gadgets on it that I had to read through the owner's manual and then some of it I just had to play with and figure it out.

Thats probably why they dont sell it here then,  the ranger is too big for most of the roads here,   and its treated as commercial even when its not when you get to a toll road or bridge as I found out to my cost.  

Some companies here have stopped putting a handbook in the car,  they expect you to read it online.  I wasnt very happy about that with the car we borrowed for Scotland.
2-5 05:35
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-5 05:35
Thats probably why they dont sell it here then,  the ranger is too big for most of the roads here,   and its treated as commercial even when its not when you get to a toll road or bridge as I found out to my cost.  

Some companies here have stopped putting a handbook in the car,  they expect you to read it online.  I wasnt very happy about that with the car we borrowed for Scotland.

Seems like a lot of manufacturers are cutting back on providing paper copies of User's Manuals.  If you are ever out and about at a remote location without internet service and need the user manual in an emergency situation you are out of luck if it is only available online.
2-6 09:49
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-6 09:49
Seems like a lot of manufacturers are cutting back on providing paper copies of User's Manuals.  If you are ever out and about at a remote location without internet service and need the user manual in an emergency situation you are out of luck if it is only available online.

Makes me wonder what else they can leave  out in the future.    Perhaps paint will become optional,  oh wait Delorean did that already.
2-6 23:42
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-6 23:42
Makes me wonder what else they can leave  out in the future.    Perhaps paint will become optional,  oh wait Delorean did that already.

I'm sure they are already planning on what to leave out next.  
2-7 04:26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-7 04:26
I'm sure they are already planning on what to leave out next.

My. last car which is now sadly written off had key free but they cheap gets dropped it from the heart doors,  so to open it you always had to touch the front door handle before opening the back,  when the other car has it all around its gets quite annoying.
2-7 04:32
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-7 04:32
My. last car which is now sadly written off had key free but they cheap gets dropped it from the heart doors,  so to open it you always had to touch the front door handle before opening the back,  when the other car has it all around its gets quite annoying.

It's all about whatever drives more profit for the manufacturers.  Greedy buggers.
2-8 10:01
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-8 10:01
It's all about whatever drives more profit for the manufacturers.  Greedy buggers.

Yep,  all about the greed sums it up well.  
2-9 01:49
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-9 01:49
Yep,  all about the greed sums it up well.

In my year and a half in the "corporate world" I found out how bad greed really is at the highest levels of management.  
2-9 13:13
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

It is hiding, but it exists. So there is hope.
2-10 12:13
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 2-4 07:53
I still have the originals on CDs. Dozens of 'em. I keep meaning to transfer them all to External drives.
Save a bit of space.

I really ought to do the same thing, so many DVDs, CDs and Blu-Rays I'd like to digitize and keep even when the discs are far gone. Just been a tad lazy to start that, and not even sure where I'd get the hard drive storage for that. Also, not sure how to make it with the 3D Blu-Rays (I know many consider it needless, but I like 3D).
2-10 12:16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 2-4 07:55
Keep an eye on the old CDs/DVDs,  the really early ones I have started to delaminate,  the foil literally peels off the disc,   the newer blanks I had the foil is in a sandwich between to sheets of acrylic so I hope they will be better.

This is a pretty frightening thought, but it needs to be noticed so I won't lull into the false feeling of security. I also have many of my video games on discs, should look into those as well.
2-10 12:18
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-8 10:01

I really thought BMW to be very flippant when they announced that in the future, seat warmers will be an additional expense, either with a monthly billing or big one-time fee - even when the technology itself is already in the car, it's just that they have soft-locked it behind a paywall. Unbelievably greedy!
2-10 12:25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 2-10 12:16
I really ought to do the same thing, so many DVDs, CDs and Blu-Rays I'd like to digitize and keep even when the discs are far gone. Just been a tad lazy to start that, and not even sure where I'd get the hard drive storage for that. Also, not sure how to make it with the 3D Blu-Rays (I know many consider it needless, but I like 3D).

Who would have thought, when we moved from Betamax, VHS and cassette tapes, to CDs and DVDs, that they in turn would become obsolete
2-10 23:50
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 2-10 12:13
It is hiding, but it exists. So there is hope.

We always have to try and have some hope Hannu. .  As they say,  "Never loose faith in the colour of the sky"
2-11 00:26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules