Dji fly v 1.12.8 bug. home point fails to update
776 8 2-2 10:49
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19198005 ft
United States

I updated  the fly app for 2 drones, 2 night ago to 1.12.8 and yesturday & today the fly app would not update  the home point manually and it kept failing. I was showing  20 connected sattilites. this happens on 2 drones  and 2 saperate devices.  the DJI mini2 with a pixal3xl and the DJI Mavic 3  on a pixal4xl  both drones had the same issue after the update. and  were working just great before I updated the fly app.

DJI please fix the fly app

fails to update the home point for the Mini2 & Mavic3

mavic3 failed to update home point.jpg
mini2 failed to update home point.jpg
App and frimwae update info.jpg
2-2 10:49
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to read this post. Could you please provide us with a screen recording showing the issue? If possible, please also test in different places to see if the issue still exists.
2-3 07:01
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-3 07:01
Hi there, we are sorry to read this post. Could you please provide us with a screen recording showing the issue? If possible, please also test in different places to see if the issue still exists.

Thank you  for the reply,
   But respectfully I have to ask. Did you not read my first post that I provide screen shots pictures of?  I had tried to explain this only happened after I did the fly app update for 2 different drones A MINI2 & Mavic3 and on 2 different device  pixels  3xl & pixel4xl.

Now as you advised. I did I tried to fly yesterday in a wide open rural area away from buildings with the same results.   The home point fails to set the position on the drones s when updating the home point manually under the safety tab setting of the fly app.

Once i took off and was  hovering about a meter off the ground.  I check and manually set my home point & manually updating the home point fails ,showing the  message in the screen shots pictures I took in my first post, why would i need to have a video of that?

Before I updated the fly-app both my drones with their own devices were working  fine and I could always manually set my home point. which is a good  practice to make sure you know where the drone is going to come back  to.  

I ask kindly to please reread my post above, then try to duplicate the issue with your own drones with the 1.12.8 fly app under the safety tab , manually update the home point and see if it fails to MANUALLY UPDATE THE HOME POINT for you. because it has for me ever  since the fly app update to 1.12.8.
I can't fix it, its not my fly-app, This is on you guys.

Thank you for kindly reading my post I look forward to a solution to this matter.  
2-3 07:26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ms Ivy Posted at 2-3 07:26
Thank you  for the reply,
   But respectfully I have to ask. Did you not read my first post that I provide screen shots pictures of?  I had tried to explain this only happened after I did the fly app update for 2 different drones A MINI2 & Mavic3 and on 2 different device  pixels  3xl & pixel4xl.

We are sorry for any inconvenience. Since we're unable to reproduce the issue you mentioned, therefore, we ask for a video of the whole process for further checking. Generally, failure to update is probably due to the inability to obtain the GPS signal of the mobile device. Can you please check whether the GPS signal of the mobile device is good?
2-4 02:03
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-4 02:03
We are sorry for any inconvenience. Since we're unable to reproduce the issue you mentioned, therefore, we ask for a video of the whole process for further checking. Generally, failure to update is probably due to the inability to obtain the GPS signal of the mobile device. Can you please check whether the GPS signal of the mobile device is good?

i hope you can under stand this video
youtube

2-4 12:04
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Ms Ivy Posted at 2-4 12:04
i hope you can under stand this video
youtube

Hi Ms Ivy, thank you for sharing. In order to better to solve, we would like to collect the following information for further checking, thanks.

1. Please export the APP LOG and controller LOG, and you could upload to a sharedrive and send us a link for checking.

2. May I know when the exception occurred?

3. May I know the details of your operations before and after the home point cannot be refreshed?
2-4 20:13
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2-4 20:13
Hi Ms Ivy, thank you for sharing. In order to better to solve, we would like to collect the following information for further checking, thanks.

1. Please export the APP LOG and controller LOG, and you could upload to a sharedrive and send us a link for checking.

I will be happy to help and cooperate to resolve this matter anyway I can, I thank you for taking this seriously

1) This started happening after I had updated the Fly app to 1.12.8 for 2 drones the DJI mini2 on its own DJI-N1-RC Controller & pixel 3xl device.  And the Mavic3 ( screen grab was with the Mavic3 in video) using its own DJI- RC-N1 controller with a pixel 4xl  device.
The home-point failure only happens when trying to update the home-point manually as shown in the video after take off.

2) The DJI FLY APP1.12.8 update came as a automatic update through the DJI Fly app.  I have my updates & firmware set to update automatically so my drones stay with the most up to date app and firmware.

3)The day I discovered this problem was after the automatic up date , had updated the fly app , and I then went flying in a cow field, 7 miles out of town , there were no power or transmission wires & building to interfere with the RC single. I also had no mobil data

4)  I have to wonder if I were to manually reinstall the Dji fly app if it will correct this issue?  Should I give that a try ?

5) If you please send me instructions to retrieve the data you require,  I will be happy to upload the data it to my google drive account and send you a link.  But I need to know where to find the data you want.

Thank you again for helping me , I going to try uninstall and download & reinstall the DJI 1.12.8 fly app this morning. I will you know this afternoon  if that resolves the issue after I have tested the clean install of the DJU1.12.8 fly app
2-5 06:39
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

I want to report I got the flyapp working properly

The steps I took to correct it
1) uninstall the auto update version of the 1.12.8 fly app.
2)then download  from the dji site a new copy of the dji 1.12.8 fly app  here https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
3) Completed a clean install of the 1.12.8 fly app, from the download.
4) made sure the fly app installed and go test fly the app
5   testing the FlyApp.  It appears the app is working properly and sets the home without failing.

My comment
  I think reinstalling the 1.12.8 fly app resolved what ever bug was preventing me from updating the home point
Plus i was able to clean up about 5 gigs of cache to boot

Thanks for your help: Problem Resolved.
2-5 11:50
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ms Ivy Posted at 2-5 11:50
I want to report I got the flyapp working properly

The steps I took to correct it

Thanks for the update. Glad to know the problem is resolved. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.
2-6 01:23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules