Paired RC2 and Mini4 bound to other account, but work fine...
423 8 2-2 15:36
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RogerWi1co
lvl.2
Flight distance : 355574 ft
United States

I purchased a second-hand Mini 4 pro w/ RC 2 remote (and assorted accessories and batteries) knowing that it was bound.  I confirmed  that the RC and drone are paired and I haven't noticed any issues or limitations in flight. No limited number of flights or limited functionality. Could that change unexpectedly?

The seller, who isn't the original owner, candidly explained that he hadn't been able to contact the original owner and gave up. He also had no problems operating the drone, but he just *felt* uneasy. He offered a very attractive price, so I took a chance.  

So far, so good. Everything is working like a champ. However, I understand his uneasy feeling.
Other than the psychological uneasiness of knowing that the equipment is still bound to another mystery account, what other limitations, or comprimises in service should I expect?

I will still reach out to DJI support for assistance in contacting/reminding the original owner to unbind, but until then what are the downsides? If I somehow unpair the RC and the drone, I suspect re-establing a connection with it or another controller might be impossible.  (And what about firmware updates?)

Any thoughts or advice?

Thank you in advance.

2-2 15:36
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried to unbind the account from the drone since you have the drone and the controller logged in as the mystery user.  
2-4 08:01
Use props
RogerWi1co
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-4 08:01
Have you tried to unbind the account from the drone since you have the drone and the controller logged in as the mystery user.

Thanks for the reply!  I think I would need the password of the original account that is currently bound. I'm also afraid if I unpair the RC and the drone I won't be able to pair it with anything, since it's bound to another account.
2-4 19:56
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RogerWi1co Posted at 2-4 19:56
Thanks for the reply!  I think I would need the password of the original account that is currently bound. I'm also afraid if I unpair the RC and the drone I won't be able to pair it with anything, since it's bound to another account.

Dont unpair it you'll be in a world of trouble at that point,   and if the Fly app logs you out which is can do it may also cause you the same issues.  
2-5 00:56
Use props
RogerWi1co
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-5 00:56
Dont unpair it you'll be in a world of trouble at that point,   and if the Fly app logs you out which is can do it may also cause you the same issues.

Thank you.  I'll just be happy with how it is now and not change anything around. Hopefully, the app won't log me out.
I should be able to add a second account though,  right? ... so long as I don't unbind the original account?
2-5 06:23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RogerWi1co Posted at 2-5 06:23
Thank you.  I'll just be happy with how it is now and not change anything around. Hopefully, the app won't log me out.
I should be able to add a second account though,  right? ... so long as I don't unbind the original account?

Personally if you have the controller currently signed in with the same account that is bound to the drone I would go into Device Management, select the drone and press the red remove device from the account option.  You wont need a password for that.  then log the controller out of the originally owners account and sign-in with your account and you can then bind it to your account correctly.   

If its bound to someone else's account but you're signed into the Fly app then keep your fingers crossed.  
Also worth reading - https://support.dji.com/help/content?customId=en-us03400006568&spaceId=34&re=US&lang=en&documentType=artical&paperDocType=paper
2-5 06:49
Use props
RogerWi1co
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-5 06:49
Personally if you have the controller currently signed in with the same account that is bound to the drone I would go into Device Management, select the drone and press the red remove device from the account option.  You wont need a password for that.  then log the controller out of the originally owners account and sign-in with your account and you can then bind it to your account correctly.   

If its bound to someone else's account but you're signed into the Fly app then keep your fingers crossed.  

If I can do that, that would be golden! I'll give it a shot. Thank you for the links too!
2-5 08:38
Use props
RogerWi1co
lvl.2
United States

DJI was very helpful. It took a little work and cooperation with the customer service team. The steps to correct the binding conflict are pretty straight-forward, but understandably some very specific steps have to be taken to ensure the legitimacy of the request.   The team took the time to guide me through the process. With a little patience, I now have the drone bound to my account and can fly with confidence. It took a little less than two weeks, but correspondence was all online and delays between questions and responses were predictably delayed, but reasonable.
If anyone is having problems and need some coaching, I'm happy to share my experience in more detail.
3-21 09:44
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

RogerWi1co Posted at 3-21 09:44
DJI was very helpful. It took a little work and cooperation with the customer service team. The steps to correct the binding conflict are pretty straight-forward, but understandably some very specific steps have to be taken to ensure the legitimacy of the request.   The team took the time to guide me through the process. With a little patience, I now have the drone bound to my account and can fly with confidence. It took a little less than two weeks, but correspondence was all online and delays between questions and responses were predictably delayed, but reasonable.
If anyone is having problems and need some coaching, I'm happy to share my experience in more detail.

We are thrilled to hear that our customer service team was able to assist you effectively. Our team always strives to ensure that our customers receive the support they need. We understand that the process may have required some patience, and we greatly appreciate your understanding. Should you have any further questions or require additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. We are here to help.
3-21 15:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules