DJI Mic 2 audio is terrible: what am I doing wrong?
1934 3 2-2 21:41
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
E-TIG
lvl.1

United States

Just recorded my first video with new DJI Mic 2 (connected to Canon camera) and using the DJI Lavalier mic. The audio is terrible. It sounds like the microphone was on the other side of the room, full of echoes and sounds like the levels were all over the place. Thank goodness I had my Tascam going as a backup (that audio is great by the way).

Granted I did not do a lot of messing around with settings on the DJI Mic other than setting the preferences for my camera, but this audio was so bad it was beyond my abilities to fix it in post (not that I'm a skilled audio person by any measure). I did have low-cut on and noise cancellation off.

I am hoping I missed some important settings, because I can't imagine these mics are putting out audio that is this bad since many people seem to be happy with them. Any thoughts?
2-2 21:41
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi there, if you experience loud ambient or background noises while using DJI Mic 2, try the following three methods to resolve them:
Enabling the "Noise Cancelling" function:
1. After powering on the transmitter and receiver, select the transmitter on the receiver's screen that needs to enable the noise cancelling function, swipe up, and tap "Noise Cancelling". If the transmitter status indicator turns yellow and remains lit, it indicates that the noise cancelling function has been successfully enabled.
2. Press the power button on the transmitter. If the transmitter status indicator turns yellow and remains lit, it indicates that the noise cancelling function has been successfully enabled.
Enabling the "Low Cut" function:
After powering on the transmitter and receiver, swipe down on the receiver's screen and then swipe left to select "TX Settings". Tap "Low Cut" and "ON" to enable the low cut function.
* If the ambient noise is too loud, please install the windscreen, enable the low cut function, and use the intelligent noise cancelling function together.
2-3 03:32
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Is it possible the lav was either not plugged in fully or faulty and it was the transmitter's internal mic capturing the audio? Was the receiver plugged into the camera fully so that it was the Canon's mic's audio? Does your camera have an external mic setting that wasn't changed? Were you plugged into the correct places? Not trying to insult your intelligence and I admittedly use third-party lavs and Nikon or DJI cameras but that's at least three 3.5mm jacks to ensure are secure and where they should be and I haven't experienced anything even close to your description either using Mic 2 or the original DJI Mic.
2-3 05:12
Use props
djiuser_jC1gujtNjkue
New

India

Using DJI mic2 since last 4 days while intelligent noise cancellation turned on despite that it did really good job ons but most of the times the light is yellow indicating that noice cancellation is on but the actual recording is normal it gives a terrible experience when u get know that at the end since my videos are on real experience so I can’t even get a second shot of it
3-5 11:23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules