Any benefit of using original DJI power adapter?
268 5 2-4 14:50
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Currently I'm using a ToolkitRC M6DAC, more precisely its USB-C output to charge my Air 3 batteries.
I was looking into buying a good power adapter, and Ugreen have some very good compact 100W power adapters. Why choose DJI's adapter which is more bulky instead of the other options on Amazon?

Anyone have experience with it?
2-4 14:50
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. We suggest using DJI  Power Adapters as they are manufactured and tested to work with DJI products. However, the Air 3 uses the common USB-C interface for charging. You can directly use chargers with this type of interface such as those for Android phones, Macs,.etc to charge the Air 3. Please rest assured it will not cause any damage to your battery. I hope other forum users can also share their experiences using other power adapters. Have a nice day.
2-4 20:26
Use props
stewebe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 518488 ft
Germany

I dont own the dji power adapter. But I can confirm that both my Ugreen adapters (one for mains and one for 12V in car) work flawlessly charging with 100 watts.
2-6 10:52
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

stewebe Posted at 2-6 10:52
I dont own the dji power adapter. But I can confirm that both my Ugreen adapters (one for mains and one for 12V in car) work flawlessly charging with 100 watts.

Good to know. Thanks for confirming. Will probably be investing in a couple of Ugreen ones as they have more options than DJI.
2-6 12:09
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

There's one benefit as DJI 100 W dual output power source should deliver 82 W simultaneously while lot of multiport 100 W adapters significantly lower the power on second port when both (or more) ports are used.
I use Anker PowerPort nano II 65 W single port adapter that was cheap it is very small and works well even with the hub.
2-7 02:19
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

NONE.

Any power adapter starting 65W that is enough stabilized will work...I use a Laptop DELL power source, 65W, USBC, is built for LI-ION batts so have a good balancing per Voltage, works great.
As is 65Watt power, it charges one batt in less then 45 minutes as I do not fly until is depleted, also works great on my 220Volts power supply from car.

Is all about a good stabilized voltage and supplied power, no matter if is DJI or other. This is because all Li-Ion are extremely sensitive to voltage variations.
2-9 00:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules