C0 / 120m inmy usecase: Following Bike Uphill
414 10 2-4 23:48
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
man1ac
lvl.1
Germany

Hey guys,

before pulling the trigger on a new Mini 4 Pro (which I probably wont if I got the drone regulations right):

I want to mainly use the Mini 4 Pro for following me on Roadbike/Mountainbike Rides in the EU (Germany, Portugal, Austria). The drone should follow me from my starting point at about (10-40m height over ground) and follow me uphill. I am normally riding around 1000m of elevation gain per hour, so following me for 20min would be around +300m of elevation from the starting point (of the ride).

As I understand the hard wired C0 Software Limitations of the drone I wont be able to do so, because the 120m will always be measured from the starting point?
In my specific usecase: is there still an option to remove the C0 certification? It seems like this was only possible for drones bought bevore 2024.

thanks & regards
Bastian
2-4 23:48
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You'll be able to request a C1 certification for it,  but that will require the exam (very easy) and will slightly change where you can fly.
2-5 01:15
Use props
man1ac
lvl.1
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 2-5 01:15
You'll be able to request a C1 certification for it,  but that will require the exam (very easy) and will slightly change where you can fly.

Thanks!
But to my understanding the C1 certification could only be done if you bought the drone before 2024?
Last thing I do not know: The follow me/active track function will technically do what I intend to to, correct? The drone by itself will change the altitude over ground?
2-5 01:38
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

man1ac Posted at 2-5 01:38
Thanks!
But to my understanding the C1 certification could only be done if you bought the drone before 2024?
Last thing I do not know: The follow me/active track function will technically do what I intend to to, correct? The drone by itself will change the altitude over ground?

No that was the removal of the C0 label was limited to be applied for before the end of 2023.  
2-5 01:44
Use props
man1ac
lvl.1
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 2-5 01:44
No that was the removal of the C0 label was limited to be applied for before the end of 2023.

Ah I thought this was the same.
Is there a process/webpage on how to get a C1 certification?
(Do you think this can be done in 3-4 days? I'll fly to Portugal for a roadbike holiday on Sunday and would need the C1 till then)
2-5 01:54
Use props
Frank071
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128586 ft
Netherlands

See here:

https://youtu.be/OMTJdUWB730?feature=shared

But it will definitely take more than a couple of days
2-5 01:58
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

man1ac Posted at 2-5 01:54
Ah I thought this was the same.
Is there a process/webpage on how to get a C1 certification?
(Do you think this can be done in 3-4 days? I'll fly to Portugal for a roadbike holiday on Sunday and would need the C1 till then)

No,  you have to apply for it,  they post you new labels that you apply to the drone and then photograph the drone and they then issue you a certificate to prove the change.
2-5 02:05
Use props
man1ac
lvl.1
Germany

Thanks guys! That clears up a lot of things!

But its still right: A C0 classified Mini 4 pro won't do Active Track 300m of vertical elevation? But it could be done with a C1 classifcation?
2-5 02:32
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Yes, if it's C0, it will be limited to 120m. But for now Mini 4 Pro can apply for C1 certification which can remove the 120m height limitation. Have a nice day.
2-8 22:11
Use props
Jan Spacil
lvl.4

Czechia

Hi @man1ac, I see a few different problems here.

One thing is how to force M4P to fly above 120m, which could be solved by declassification or changing the classification to C1 (officially there is also a limit of 120m for C1).

But the worse problem will be with legislation. If nothing has changed, Germany should have adopted EASA, which are the same rules for almost all EU countries. And here the eRules are quite strictly given, both for the OPEN category and SPECIFIC.
The maximum 120m AGL limit is defined here, and that's on top of the problem of flying over roads, which is also limited in the OPEN category.
2-8 23:18
Use props
man1ac
lvl.1
Germany

Hey,
120m above ground is basically fine for me. And this should be solved with a C1 certification of the drone.
The DJI chat told me that the C1 label is already supplied in the package and the process itself shouldn't take long.
I have the A1/A3 license so this shouldn't be an issue.
2-8 23:21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules