297 49 2-5 07:32
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5039731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Schmul Park - interesting shapes in this park.

DJI_0523.jpg
2-5 07:32
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Indeed - funny shapes. Is that squash on the left? Never saw an outdoor squash field yet...
2-5 08:31
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 2-5 08:31
Indeed - funny shapes. Is that squash on the left? Never saw an outdoor squash field yet...

It could be but probably just handball or paddleball courts.
2-5 09:00
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567024 ft
United Kingdom

Great pic with some long shadows
2-5 10:40
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Codgerzh2 Posted at 2-5 10:40
Great pic with some long shadows

Thank You.
2-5 10:48
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great view of the sports courts. I guess they invisible from ground level, surrounded by fencing?
2-5 23:48
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive never seen anything quite like that.  
2-6 00:32
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-6 00:32
Ive never seen anything quite like that.

It's different. Not an efficient use of space but it's interesting.
2-6 03:24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shot and interesting shapes surrounding the sport's amenities.    I don't see a lot of handball or paddleball courts anymore.  Seems everybody is pushing for more pickleball courts.  
2-6 03:25
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-6 03:25
Great shot and interesting shapes surrounding the sport's amenities.    I don't see a lot of handball or paddleball courts anymore.  Seems everybody is pushing for more pickleball courts.

They haven't started building the pickleball in NYC. I'm sure it's coming.
2-6 03:26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-6 03:24
It's different. Not an efficient use of space but it's interesting.

The larger one isnt too bad as they have put extra hoops up at the ends.
2-6 07:02
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-6 03:26
They haven't started building the pickleball in NYC. I'm sure it's coming.

That's interesting.  I thought the craze would have spread to NY already.  It's simply crazy how fast it took over down here.  Sporting goods stores have racks picketball gear now.
2-6 11:21
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-6 11:21
That's interesting.  I thought the craze would have spread to NY already.  It's simply crazy how fast it took over down here.  Sporting goods stores have racks picketball gear now.

That's because all of the old NY Tennis Players moved down there to retire andthe can't run around the courts anymore.   
2-6 15:31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-6 15:31
That's because all of the old NY Tennis Players moved down there to retire andthe can't run around the courts anymore.

That makes total sense, especially since around the picketball courts you can pick up on all the New Yorker accents.  
2-6 15:39
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-6 15:39
That makes total sense, especially since around the picketball courts you can pick up on all the New Yorker accents.

People want to feel like theyre athletic. Pickle Ball is a step above ping pong.
2-6 15:44
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-6 15:44
People want to feel like theyre athletic. Pickle Ball is a step above ping pong.

If they want a full body workout they should try scuba diving.  
2-6 15:53
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-6 15:53
If they want a full body workout they should try scuba diving.

To me most of my dives were pretty relaxing. I've had less than 100 dives. I used to dive the 59th Street Bridge and if you don't time slack tide the current can move 4 knots. I have had to climb along the bottom to get back
2-6 17:28
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3230748 ft

United States

Hey Charles, that are some interesting "ovals"
2-6 18:28
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cacike47 Posted at 2-6 18:28
Hey Charles, that are some interesting "ovals"

I never saw a park with oval courts. I thought it made an interesting aerial.
2-6 19:28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-6 17:28
To me most of my dives were pretty relaxing. I've had less than 100 dives. I used to dive the 59th Street Bridge and if you don't time slack tide the current can move 4 knots. I have had to climb along the bottom to get back

No doubt the tide times would be most applicable at that dive site.  Diving is relaxing.  I find I use the muscles of my legs, glutes, core and back while diving without the pounding of running on land or a hard work out at the gym.  
2-7 04:22
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-7 04:22
No doubt the tide times would be most applicable at that dive site.  Diving is relaxing.  I find I use the muscles of my legs, glutes, core and back while diving without the pounding of running on land or a hard work out at the gym.

When I used to dive I would forget about everything else. It's great therapy.
2-7 06:30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-7 06:30
When I used to dive I would forget about everything else. It's great therapy.

It is a great stress reducer, except when you see the business end of a bull shark.  I never dive without my spear gun and oversize knife.  If they get to close or aggressive I'll give them a bump on the nose with my spear gun and then they usually swim away.  Otherwise, they'll be going back to the boat with me.  Shark steaks are not too bad when cooked properly.  
2-8 10:46
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-8 10:46
It is a great stress reducer, except when you see the business end of a bull shark.  I never dive without my spear gun and oversize knife.  If they get to close or aggressive I'll give them a bump on the nose with my spear gun and then they usually swim away.  Otherwise, they'll be going back to the boat with me.  Shark steaks are not too bad when cooked properly.

Funny I never wanted to test the knife theory on a shark. Ran into a few, but never an altercation.
2-8 12:01
Use props
TeaJayPhoto
Second Officer
Germany

Interesting view.
2-8 12:23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-8 12:01
Funny I never wanted to test the knife theory on a shark. Ran into a few, but never an altercation.

Spear gun is primary but if all else fails the 14" knife would come into play.  First goes the shark's eyes and then time to finish him off and leave the area.  The last shark I had to kill drew in at least a dozen other sharks and they devoured him within minutes.  
2-8 14:44
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-8 14:44
Spear gun is primary but if all else fails the 14" knife would come into play.  First goes the shark's eyes and then time to finish him off and leave the area.  The last shark I had to kill drew in at least a dozen other sharks and they devoured him within minutes.

That's scary. That's a fight you don't want to lose.
2-8 14:49
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-8 14:49
That's scary. That's a fight you don't want to lose.

That's one you can't afford to lose.  I would only do that as a last resort.  98% of the time a good nudge on the nose with the spear gun is all it takes.  I find the sharks to be more curious than super aggressive.  However, I'm always prepared as I don't want to turn into any shark's meal.
2-8 15:18
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-8 15:18
That's one you can't afford to lose.  I would only do that as a last resort.  98% of the time a good nudge on the nose with the spear gun is all it takes.  I find the sharks to be more curious than super aggressive.  However, I'm always prepared as I don't want to turn into any shark's meal.

Agreed. I don't know if I mentioned it but I was filmed by Channel 7 news because a friend and I were diving while an area was being dredged, so there was no visibility. We were emptying abandoned lobster traps and my friend had speared some fish. We were being followed by a 7 foot shark and never new it. I saw it on the news when I got home. That scared me more than running into one because we had no idea that it was there.
2-9 04:58
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-9 04:58
Agreed. I don't know if I mentioned it but I was filmed by Channel 7 news because a friend and I were diving while an area was being dredged, so there was no visibility. We were emptying abandoned lobster traps and my friend had speared some fish. We were being followed by a 7 foot shark and never new it. I saw it on the news when I got home. That scared me more than running into one because we had no idea that it was there.

Close encounter for sure.  With zero visibility probably better you didn't know the shark was near.
2-9 13:33
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-9 13:33
Close encounter for sure.  With zero visibility probably better you didn't know the shark was near.

That's true but we probably would have stopped spearing fish in the lobster traps.
2-9 18:35
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-9 18:35
That's true but we probably would have stopped spearing fish in the lobster traps.

No doubt about that.  I'm sure the shark picked up on the scent from the speared lobsters.  Guess that is why sharks are sometimes called “swimming noses” because of their remarkable sense of smell.
2-10 04:51
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-10 04:51
No doubt about that.  I'm sure the shark picked up on the scent from the speared lobsters.  Guess that is why sharks are sometimes called “swimming noses” because of their remarkable sense of smell.

The guy I was with was spearing fish in the traps. It was an ugly scene.
2-10 05:26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-10 05:26
The guy I was with was spearing fish in the traps. It was an ugly scene.

Yeah, that gives me a somewhat nasty image in my head.  
2-10 06:36
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-10 06:36
Yeah, that gives me a somewhat nasty image in my head.

It was horrible. There was a famous restaurant that was called Lundy's that went out of business. Their traps were abandoned without floats and we stumbled across them at the bottom.There were huge black fish and stripers stuck in some of the traps. Some of them were the length of the commercial lobster traps. My diving partner thought the best way to dispose of them would be to spear them and pull them out. Not a pretty site. I would believe that's what attracted the shark.
2-10 12:37
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-10 12:37
It was horrible. There was a famous restaurant that was called Lundy's that went out of business. Their traps were abandoned without floats and we stumbled across them at the bottom.There were huge black fish and stripers stuck in some of the traps. Some of them were the length of the commercial lobster traps. My diving partner thought the best way to dispose of them would be to spear them and pull them out. Not a pretty site. I would believe that's what attracted the shark.

For sure that attracted the shark.  
2-11 13:39
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-11 13:39
For sure that attracted the shark.

Sometimes you need to change dive buddies.
2-11 14:06
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-11 14:06
Sometimes you need to change dive buddies.

You're probably right about that.  
2-11 14:10
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-11 14:10
You're probably right about that.

You know that guy that doesn't look at the tides or the dive tables and always pushes to color outside the lines. That was my dive buddy.
2-11 14:12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-11 14:12
You know that guy that doesn't look at the tides or the dive tables and always pushes to color outside the lines. That was my dive buddy.

I don't think him and I would have got along very well.  I'm pretty much a stickler for details and safety when it comes to diving.
2-11 14:15
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-11 14:15
I don't think him and I would have got along very well.  I'm pretty much a stickler for details and safety when it comes to diving.

That makes for a long safe diving career. I feel the same way.
2-11 14:27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules