STOCKPILES MEASUREMENTS
322 9 2-5 12:56
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cristian85
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1402267 ft
United States

does anybody know's how to measure stockpiles with the mavic 3 pro?
2-5 12:56
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, this is a task that is best done with the Mavic 3E.  But there are some cobbled together solutions for loading waypoint routes into Mavic 3 Pro.  Personally, I think I would do this with the 3E.
2-5 12:57
Use props
cristian85
lvl.3
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 2-5 12:57
Well, this is a task that is best done with the Mavic 3E.  But there are some cobbled together solutions for loading waypoint routes into Mavic 3 Pro.  Personally, I think I would do this with the 3E.

yes i do understand is best done with the mavic 3E,but i dont have the mavic 3E.i have the mavic 3 pro,and i was just wondering how can you perform this task with the mavic 3 pro.thank you for your replied.
2-5 13:04
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64820 ft
Netherlands

Mavic 3 Pro isn't build for stockpile measurements. But you can take pictures of the stockpiles.
2-5 13:21
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

There is no “stockpile approved” drone.  It is true that with a drone equipped with GNSS RTK it is more precise, and with a drone which follow a flight plan its better.

The important thing is to place measurable markers on the ground (GCP) and having a good photogrammetry software which will assemble the images and allow the calculation to be done.  

With an M3pro you will certainly have the flight plan problem.  If the stockpile isn't too big it's not even a problem.  
All images must be taken at 90°, especially not oblique.  
If the texture of the material making up the pile is too uniform this will pose a problem for the reconstruction, the trick is to fly lower to capture more details.
2-5 13:47
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

I saw a YouTuber talking recently about using the M3P and DroneDeploy for stockpile measuring. Then went on to say that the Mini 3 Pro is just as good at doing it. It had me wondering who would want either one of them used for volumetric purposes. No RTK, no GCPs, no mechanical shutter, and no way to properly flight plan with the Mavic. No serious company is going to want these type of unreliable values.
2-5 17:14
Use props
cristian85
lvl.3
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 2-5 17:14
I saw a YouTuber talking recently about using the M3P and DroneDeploy for stockpile measuring. Then went on to say that the Mini 3 Pro is just as good at doing it. It had me wondering who would want either one of them used for volumetric purposes. No RTK, no GCPs, no mechanical shutter, and no way to properly flight plan with the Mavic. No serious company is going to want these type of unreliable values.

yes billy kyle,i saw the video as well.thats why it got me wondering.he said he did it manually then stitch the photos in drondedeploy.
2-5 17:17
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

cristian85 Posted at 2-5 17:17
yes billy kyle,i saw the video as well.thats why it got me wondering.he said he did it manually then stitch the photos in drondedeploy.

Yea which is odd because he's reviewed the M3E in a previous video but uses the Mini 3 Pro for stockpile measuring. I guess that's what happens when DJI sends you free stuff to review. You have to send it back. Nothing against Billy though, I like his content.
2-5 19:18
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Billy seems like a great guy.  But to be fair, he is not sending you the checks for the stockpile report. lol...

I already gave you the right advice.  Use the right tool for the job.  Of course, this is the internet so somebody will break it down for you in the fashion you desire.
2-6 20:33
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for your inquiry. We're sorry that there's no related feature that can achieve this scenario. We hope you get the best recommendations that you need. Thank you for your understanding.
2-7 01:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules