391 4 2-5 17:43
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_b9eAX2x3H2Qh
lvl.1

United States

I am using a Mavic 2 Pro and a DJI Smart Controller

First i updated my firmware then updated the DJI GO 4 app to 4.3.60
I checked the About page on the Smart Controller and saw my Remote ID number there, then on the Aircraft Status page i had a notification under Overall Status that the Remote ID was working (i don't remember the wording of this notification).

I went and put the Mavic in the air to check if the Remote ID was generating a WiFi network (as i've seen in other forum posts) and there was no RID-xxxxxx network.
I brought the drone down and went and checked my About page on the Smart Controller and the Remote ID number was no longer there and the notification in the Aircraft Status->Overall Status field was gone.

I talked to DJI support briefly via online chat and we Refreshed the firmware with no positive results.  Since then i downgraded the firmware and then upgraded again to the most recent.  The Remote ID information in the About page has not reappeared and the drone does not generate a RID-xxxxxxx network name while it is in the air.
Support via online chat told me not to worry and that it was working fine, "The display may be unstable due to firmware issue, our engineer is still working on it, please feel free to use it".
This does not make me comfortable that i am up to FAA standards... The DJI support told me to go ahead and use it even though it is obviously not transmitting Remote ID as evidenced by the lack of a Wifi network while it is in the air and nearby.

What do i do?

2-5 17:43
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, could you please provide us with a picture to check it further? I also sent you a PM to check more details, please take a look.
2-6 03:54
Use props
Slim milS
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-6 03:54
Hi there, could you please provide us with a picture to check it further? I also sent you a PM to check more details, please take a look.

Here;s a pic of my About page, i'm unsure what picture youre looking for.
2-6 07:50
Use props
Slim milS
lvl.1

United States

Slim milS Posted at 2-6 07:50
Here;s a pic of my About page, i'm unsure what picture youre looking for.[view_image]

SOLVED: I just had to go outside with strong GPS signal.
DOH!
2-6 09:21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Slim milS Posted at 2-6 09:21
SOLVED: I just had to go outside with strong GPS signal.
DOH!

Glad to know the issue is solved. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.
2-7 03:04
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules