Home point disappeared on my RC2 screen
336 5 2-5 18:50
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frunobulax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12936 ft
United States

First I would like to state how wonderful my experience is with the Mini 4 pro. I had a Spark before, but the mini experience with the RC2 is just phenominal. So i am taking it slow, processing all the telemetry on the screen , activating hover, RTH. flying short distances and back. so today I went a little further and i do not know if i pressed something or what.....but the home point icon disappeared on the screen of the RC2. oh I could have tapped the map mode and gotten back, i did not I flew back using landmarks. unfortunately i was not capturing the screen. oh yeah another issue RC2 said my memory card was too slow. has never said that before
2-5 18:50
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Been going on since the December update. I'm happy more people are starting to report it, as DJI needs to get this fixed!
It involves the homepoint, although it seems the firmware still knows where the homepoint is, and will auto return, after more than a month with no firmware fix, its undermined my confidence in the whole setup. Basically its taken a lot of the fun out of flying the Mini 4, which is crappy because when it was working properly prior to the December update, the Mini 4 Pro and RC2 combo was a technical marvel, and with the ocusync 4, utterly amazing to fly!
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D924%26typeid%3D924
2-5 19:20
Use props
Frunobulax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12936 ft
United States

Manitobahunter Posted at 2-5 19:20
Been going on since the December update. I'm happy more people are starting to report it, as DJI needs to get this fixed!
It involves the homepoint, although it seems the firmware still knows where the homepoint is, and will auto return, after more than a month with no firmware fix, its undermined my confidence in the whole setup. Basically its taken a lot of the fun out of flying the Mini 4, which is crappy because when it was working properly prior to the December update, the Mini 4 Pro and RC2 combo was a technical marvel, and with the ocusync 4, utterly amazing to fly!
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D924%26typeid%3D924

I agree with you 110% on everything you have said. also like i stated the map view seemed to have the home point. just kind of clunky to have to switch to that to get home or keep switching back and forth lol.
also like I mentioned about the error message on the display, sd card too slow, was not slow till after this last update, then after the update says sd card slow. I assume it means the card in the RC2? both the drone and the RC2 have the same card.
2-6 08:32
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

What cards are you using? I used to use the radar map with the home point in the center and the drone around the outside edge before the AR homepoint came to be, but for flying in low light the AR homepoint is much better.
2-6 18:09
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the inconvenience. We're currently checking this phenomenon with our relevant, and we would like to ask for your further details regarding this matter. May we ask for the details below?

> App version:
> Firmware version:
> App log:
> Flight log:
> Time and date of the incident:

I hope to hear from you soon. We thank you for your support.
2-7 01:39
Use props
fansc32172a6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213028 ft
United Kingdom

I flew my mini 4 pro Saturday 20th April, I too have lost the H that used to run around the screen indicating my position relative to the drone and this forced me to use the return to home for oriontation, which I’ve never needed to use before. What’s happened DJI
Aircraft firmware version: 01.00.0400
RC Firmware version : 02.02.0000
App version 1.13.0
Fly safe data
App static safety data : 01.00.01.33
Aircraft static safety data : 01.00.01.33

This was a great addition to the 4pro and we seam to have lost it
4-21 12:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules