DJI Mic 2 TX2 mic not recognised, pairing or flashing green...
1516 9 2-5 21:47
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fizzybean
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi there,

I recently received my new DJI Mic 2 set and I will describe exactly what happened.
I unpacked the box, removed the charging case from the zip up pouch and plugged a usb cable in to the charging case to begin the charging process.
The case correctly indicated it was charging. After a few hours all charging lights were on and then all went off.
I opened the case and saw that the receiver was showing that it was connected to both transmitters.
TX1 was fully charged but TX2 seemed to be only half charged.
I unplugged the usb cable and plugged it back in and TX2 charged a little more, but would not completely charge.
I removed both TX1 and TX2 from the case and was able to easily pair TX1 to the receiver and get it to transmit sound to the receiver.
I also tested the onboard recording feature on the TX2 transmitter and connected it to my pc and the .WAV files were there and working perfectly.

I then noticed that TX2 would not pair and would only flash blue or yellow. There was no green light at all (blinking or solid).
I also realised that the receiver was no longer displaying the TX2's charging status. It seemed like the charging case stopped recognising the existence of the TX2 transmitter althogether.

I followed the instructions to update to the latest firmware (v04.03.08.31) and updated both transmitters and the receiver. All three indicated the process was successful.
Sadly none of this fixed the problem.
The TX2 transmitter appears to be faulty.
Is there anything else I could try or should I send it in to be repaired or exchanged for another one?
If I need to send it in where do I send it?

Thanks,

Orion

2-5 21:47
Use props
LeMagnifique
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3281 ft
Czechia

See here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... peid&typeid=926
2-5 22:23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, for the charging issue, you can use a USB-C charging cable to individually connect the transmitters to a USB-C port for charging.
As for the pairing issue, you can do so in the following ways:
Method 1: Put the transmitters and receiver into the charging case and they will link automatically;
Method 2: Power on the transmitters and the receiver, swipe down on the receiver's main screen, select Receiver Settings, and swipe left to choose Link Device. Press and hold the linking button on one transmitter, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete linking. When the status indicator on the transmitter blinks green quickly, it indicates the linking is in progress. When the status indicator blinks green slowly, it indicates it has been linked and is waiting for another transmitter to be linked. When the status indicator turns solid green, the linking is completed.
If it still does not work, please provide us with a video showing the issue for further checking.
If you want to send it back for diagnosis, you can also submit a case through this link. http://www.dji.com/support
2-6 03:37
Use props
Fizzybean
lvl.1

United Kingdom

LeMagnifique Posted at 2-5 22:23
See here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=129&filter=typeid&typeid=926

OH MY GOD! THANK YOU!!! Here's the key phrase that saved the day "If the transmitter is in Bluetooth mode, you can press and hold the record button to make the transmitter exit Bluetooth mode."

I was just in bluetooth mode... wow.

Now TX1 and TX2 have paired with the receiver and both show up on the receiver's display. I was up till 5am this morning trying to fix this and all I needed to do was long press record (headdesk).

Amazing... thanks again.
2-6 03:42
Use props
Fizzybean
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-6 03:37
Hi there, for the charging issue, you can use a USB-C charging cable to individually connect the transmitters to a USB-C port for charging.
As for the pairing issue, you can do so in the following ways:
Method 1: Put the transmitters and receiver into the charging case and they will link automatically;

Thanks for that but it turns out I must have accidentaly long pressed record on one of the transmitters when I first handled the mic and put it in Bluetooth mode before I had any clue that was a thing. Everything is working now
2-6 04:01
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Fizzybean Posted at 2-6 04:01
Thanks for that but it turns out I must have accidentaly long pressed record on one of the transmitters when I first handled the mic and put it in Bluetooth mode before I had any clue that was a thing. Everything is working now

Thanks for the update. Glad to know the problem is solved. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.
2-7 03:07
Use props
Patrick James Dela Cruz
New

Philippines

My dji mic2 transmitter keeps on blinking green even if its turned off. What could be the possible cause?
4-24 02:04
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Patrick James Dela Cruz Posted at 4-24 02:04
My dji mic2 transmitter keeps on blinking green even if its turned off. What could be the possible cause?

Hi, Patrick. Thank you for reaching out. Will it be fine if you post a video showing the issue?  You can upload it to YouTube or any file-sharing site like Google Drive and then paste the link here. Thank you.
4-24 02:17
Use props
Patrick James Dela Cruz
New

Philippines

DJI Tony Posted at 4-24 02:17
Hi, Patrick. Thank you for reaching out. Will it be fine if you post a video showing the issue?  You can upload it to YouTube or any file-sharing site like Google Drive and then paste the link here. Thank you.

At first, my dji mic 2 transmitter suddenly starts blinking green even if its turned off. And when i connect it with my osmo action 4, the pop up shows "0% battery" although it is recently charged. Now, it totally wont turn on.
4-24 04:11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Patrick James Dela Cruz Posted at 4-24 04:11
At first, my dji mic 2 transmitter suddenly starts blinking green even if its turned off. And when i connect it with my osmo action 4, the pop up shows "0% battery" although it is recently charged. Now, it totally wont turn on.

Hello there, Patrick. If it's fine, please show us a video of the issue. I'm going to forward it to the relevant team for further check. Thank you for your patience.
yesterday 03:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules