target surface to takeoff point
1015 5 2-6 01:36
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneNewbie88
lvl.1

Singapore

Hi,

I am doing a mission planning, and i came accross this "target surface to takeoff point" setting.

I do not quite understand this setting is about, and what is the height that I should set for this.

Can anyone please advise in a simple term. Thanks.
2-6 01:36
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Target Surface to Takeoff Point = the altitude of the target surface - the altitude of the take-off point.
2-6 03:17
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

It's an offset.  For example, if your object of study is the canopy, then you must indicate the average height of the canopy.  So the overlap parameters will be optimized for this region.  

This height is indicated with a starting point which is always zero since it is an offset.  Do not add it to the takeoff altitude, as mentioned in 2, whether it is ellipsoidal or geoidal.
2-6 09:20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. The value of the Target Surface to Takeoff Point is a relative value that refers to the vertical distance between the target and the takeoff point of the drone, which equals the altitude of the target surface minus the altitude of the takeoff point. If the distance between the takeoff point and the target surface is significant, users can adjust the value of the Target Surface to Takeoff Point to improve the shooting effect. I hope this information helps.
2-6 21:53
Use props
DroneNewbie88
lvl.1

Singapore

Thanks for the info.

However, how do I determine what is considered significant to change the Target Surface to Takeoff Point?

Also, for below example.

My drone takeoff at 15m AMSL.
The target surface of the building is 30m AMSL.
My flight route altitude at 50m AMSL.

If Target Surface to Takeoff Point is set at 0m and at 5m, what is the difference? Is the drone flying at different altitude?

2-7 00:29
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

DroneNewbie88 Posted at 2-7 00:29
Thanks for the info.

However, how do I determine what is considered significant to change the Target Surface to Takeoff Point?

In principle, the altitude is determined last, based on the GSD.  The starting altitude is always zero.  Only if you use an ASL flight plan does this data come.

If the GSD is fixed, when you will offset 5m, the flight altitude will also take +5m.

For the same GSD!
2-7 02:50
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules