Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Patched Bandit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213258 ft
  • >>>
Finland

DJI_Mic_2_Release_Notes_EN__.pdf

• "Added Transmitter Auto Off, enabled by default. When enabled, the transmitter, when not connected to any device and without independent recording activated, automatically shuts down after 15 minutes of no use."

Concern:

As DJI is advertising this mic setup for motovloggers I have some serious concern about this newly revised firmare feature.
I tend to use my OA4 actioncamera while motovlogging in 2 different ways:

1. Quick Start video mode: To preserve battery life I tend to not keep my camera ON the whole ride as these things can be 12 hours on a long day riding. The fact that the camera can not turn on the mic wirelessly is to be expected but the fact that the mic is going to turn off every 15 minutes of not being connected is a problem. I would need to turn on the mic before or after every quickstart video start to be able to keep getting audio. And whats even worse I need to stop and check if the mic is actually connedted from the camera screen which I can't see while it's atteched to my helmet.

2. Second option is to keep the camera on constantly and start and stop recording with the shutter button. This way the mic is hopefully not(??) going to turn off because the connection is active? This of course eats through camera batteries like crazy on a long day of shooting. Is the mic going to shut off if the camera is connected but not recording? From what I read it should not but has anyone tested it so far?

Additionally:

The frasing  "When enabled" suggest that this feature can be switched off? But this is NOT in the Osmo Action 4 wireless mic settings or pro mic settings currently with the newest firmware? How can I adjust the power preservation features of the Mic 2?

Greetings: https://linktr.ee/patchedbandit
2-6 04:24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. We understand the inconvenience. You can always disable the "Transmitter Auto Off". Please check it in the Transmitter Settings. Have a nice day.
2-10 04:04
Use props
titodom
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI Tony Posted at 2-10 04:04
Hello there. We understand the inconvenience. You can always disable the "Transmitter Auto Off". Please check it in the Transmitter Settings. Have a nice day.
[view_image]

Can we disable it with the OA4 or OP3? I dont have the receiver, got the mic 2 from my OP3 and purchased an additional transmitter.
2-15 08:16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

titodom Posted at 2-15 08:16
Can we disable it with the OA4 or OP3? I dont have the receiver, got the mic 2 from my OP3 and purchased an additional transmitter.

Hi. You can set it in the camera allowing you to turn on or off the "auto power off". Go to settings-wireless mic-auto power off. This setting is not supported by the DJI Mimo app. Have a nice day.
2-20 03:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules