Qu's for DJI, does the Mini 4 Pro reduce maximum descent rate as ...
337 10 2-6 15:37
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Qu 1) does the Mini 4 Pro reduce maximum available descent rate as the ground comes into range of the downward looking sensors ?
If so .....

Qu 2) At what height or heights does/do the decrease/s happen and what is/are the maximum available descent speed/s reduced too ?

Qu 3) Is the maximum descent rate influenced by the drone's horizontal speed ?

The manual states that the maximum descent rates are 5m/s in N & S modes and 3 m/s in C mode.

2-6 15:37
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Please allow us to check these details with our relevant team for further confirmation.
2-7 23:05
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Many changes lately in behaviour of speed, height reducing and landing protection!

Try to fly at 1 meter above ground, max speed is reduced in N mode. (not in Sport mode)
Try to lower drone flying full speed at low height, it will not descend.

In older firmware/flyapp iw was possible to lower craft flying low, reaching 0.5 meter it entered an autolanding. Not anymore as you can not get it lower!

My main concern is that it is not always possible to lower drone in a smooth way, let say from 100 meter to 10 meter baro height. Sometimes drone will not descend with full stick down, only when reducing speed it will go down again. Not great for that smooth video recording.

Busy now with editing video to show some issues.

cheers
JJB

2-8 01:58
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-7 23:05
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Please allow us to check these details with our relevant team for further confirmation.

Cheers Gamora.
2-8 02:22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 2-8 01:58
Hi,

Many changes lately in behaviour of speed, height reducing and landing protection!
Cheers JJB*, is that caused by changes in the firmware version or changes in the app version or both ?
2-8 02:26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JJB* Posted at 2-8 01:58
Hi,

Not great for that smooth video recording.
When you don't want that, disable the VPS sensors
2-8 02:48
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-8 02:26
Cheers JJB*, is that caused by changes in the firmware version or changes in the app version or both ?

Hi,

I really don`t know, guess both   but does it matter ?

But imo its is annoying that in normal mode with OA on and not switching off all sensors it is not always possible to lower height smoothly.

What i do like is that an unwanted autolanding (combi of flying low + stick down) does not happen as you cannot fly lower than 1 meter.
But a False IR reading of 0.5 meter and full stick down...bad luck for the pilot : still going into autolanding, even with forward speed.(who wants to land a craft with forward speed ? (for landing on moving object. disable all sensors))

BWT in sport mode drone will go nicely into autolanding at low height+ full stick down....

See my video + FRAP chart of this video

cheers
JJB
Q2.png
2-8 03:17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 2-8 03:17
Hi,

I really don`t know, guess both   but does it matter ?
[Image]

If one is using an android phone or tablet then yes it does matter, it would be easy to revert to an older version of app. I don't know about the various forms of smart controller and of course your are stuck if you are an IOS  user.
With firmware, reverting may be more difficult or perhaps impossible.
2-8 11:52
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-8 11:52
If one is using an android phone or tablet then yes it does matter, it would be easy to revert to an older version of app. I don't know about the various forms of smart controller and of course your are stuck if you are an IOS  user.
With firmware, reverting may be more difficult or perhaps impossible.

Think at the end we all want or need to fly on the latest firmware and latest FlyApp.

2-8 12:01
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 2-8 03:17
Hi, I really don`t know, guess both

NIce video.
I am actually impressed by the drone's control of itself, especially the climb up the dyke or levee.
When I have flown a Mini 1 or 2 or the M2P/Z up a slow I wouldn't have dared to risk that sort of horizontal speed.
2-9 11:23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thank you for your patience. We've received the feedback from our corresponding team. Regarding the first query, this will depend on whether there are obstacles down below, and also the aircraft will detect the ground conditions during the landing process. For more details, please refer to the screenshots below, as for the second query, I've attached details as well for the detection distance, however, there's no relevant speed detail. Lastly, the descent rate is not influenced by the aircraft's horizontal speed. I hope these answer your queries.

2-12 04:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules