407 20 2-6 20:50
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chreesh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 792808 ft
United Kingdom

Hey all,

Had a pretty crappy night and panicking now how much I'll have to pay in repairs, with a my first baby on the way it may end up being sold for parts unfortuately. I'm Trying to understand why my Mavic 3 flew forward without me controlling it to do so.

I have uploaded the flight logs to Phantom Logs to try understand what may have went wrong.

I arrived down at the location this evening. A location I have flew from many many times and never had a single issue.
I powered up my drone and noticed a few errors pop up mainly ambient light too low, I was sat in the car at the time with the drone not in motion trying to gage what ND filter I would need as I was planning on taking some long exposure shots of City hall, so gathered that was the cause for that as once I was out of the car this disappeared.

Once I had determined the correct ND filter I got out of the car to take off and got a warning saying I needed to calibrate, so I spend some further time recalibrating the drone. Once I had done this, it all corrected itself. This was up to around 32 seconds in the logs, Can be seen that the drone never went higher than 5 foot to this point as I was calibrating the drone. While hovering, I had noticed the two errors that came up between 10 and 14 seconds and again from the logs it can be seen I never raised the drone, I corrected the issues before hovering the drone again.

After checking multiple times to make sure that everything was working as it should and I was receiving no further error messages I began to ascend around 50 seconds into the log, making sure everything was as it should be.

At around one minute as I was slowly ascending the drone randomly started to fly forward, I tried to correct this by pulling back but to no avail. It was at 1 min 3.9s the drone collided with the building and caused quite significant damage to the drone.

I have noticed from looking at the logs that the location is incorrect as by looking at the map it's showing I took off on top of a 5 storey building... where as I took off at the corner of the street. Even looking at the flight logs with regards to the movement of the drone throughout the flight it doesn't correspond with the movements or even look like movements that are possible or make sense lol

My instant assumption was that possibly I had lost GPS and my drone had went into ATTI mode but there's no indication this was the case as the drone was in P-GPS(BRAKE) the entire time and never entered ATTI.  My GPS connection accrording the logs was always good so unsure here either.

Happy to share the Phantom logs if anyone can help me possibly understand what went wrong, if it was my fault or an issue with the drone.

If it makes any difference with regards to signal I'm using an RC Pro controller to.

2-6 20:50
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Post only author visible
2-6 21:03
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia