318 19 2-6 22:28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The sixth day of my England/West Midlands journey starts off with Birmingham Cathedral - built as a parish church from 1711 and elevated to a cathedral 1905 - I'd skip it. No flying either.
Lichfield Cathedral on the other hand is awesome: The present church was started 1085 and rebuilt in the gothic style from 1195. A gorgeous place you shouldn't miss (flight footage is sketchy because of pretty high winds).
Wall Roman Site is - well - Roman.
White Ladies Priory from the late 12th century lies isolated and sports a couple of nice fly-through doorways.
Boscobel House is partially in a no-fly zone but well worth a visit. Proudest part of the place is the Royal Oak: (actually a successor of) the oak King Charles II climbed to lose the Parliament troops chasing him - I actually forgot filming or photographing it...
Lilleshall Abbey is another gem dating from the 12th and 13th century built for Augustinian nuns.
Iron Bridge in a rather lovely valley in the tourist infested town of Ironbridge was opened 1781  and is the first major bridge (31 m) made of cast iron.
Nearby is Buildwas Abbey, founded 1135 by Cistercians with its nave stonework intakt.
In the next village lies Wenlock Priory, re-founded in 1080 and later incorporated into the gardens of a manor house. Take a look at the wall tracery of the chapter house.
Langley Chapel is a far smaller and plainer building from the early 17th century, being one of the first to come into state care.
Acton Burnell Castle from the 13th century just screams for fpv but I didn't dare. It was built more for comfort than defense in relatively peaceful times.
Cantlop Bridge is a sight for die-hard English Heritage fans only: a tiny bridge built 1813 to a design by Thomas Telford.
Wroxeter Roman City is one of the best Roman sites I've been to: extensive, good info boards, some parts standing up more than a meter and a re-built villa.
Haughmond Abbey dates from the early 12th century and sports a few nice details.
Last sight (of a total of 15) is Moreton Corbet Castle with roots from around 1100 and major rebuilding in the 16th century. I really wanted to fly fpv there but there's an airfield nearby and I couldn't find the contact data of the tower to get permission.

Drones: DJI Mini 3 Pro, Flywoo Explorer 4 LR, additional footage DJI Osmo Pocket

Music: Scott Buckley - Bring me the sky. Released under CC-BY 4.0. www.scottbuckley.com.au

2-6 22:28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Quite a few spots Ive not come across there,  Id have failed any guess where's on that lot.
2-6 23:59
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

What an amazing compilation.    Loved the FPV flying at Lilleshall Abbey.  Great choice in background music Depp.
2-7 03:21
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 2-6 23:59
Quite a few spots Ive not come across there,  Id have failed any guess where's on that lot.

Interesting - I thought you (or Mr. B. and Mr. D) had guess almost everything...
2-7 04:44
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-7 03:21
What an amazing compilation.    Loved the FPV flying at Lilleshall Abbey.  Great choice in background music Depp.

Thanks a lot, Downtown! I was lucky to fly there.
2-7 04:44
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 2-7 04:44
Interesting - I thought you (or Mr. B. and Mr. D) had guess almost everything...

Maybe it was just the different angles then.  
2-7 04:48
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 2-7 04:48
Maybe it was just the different angles then.

Possible of course. Also quite a bit to remember...
2-7 05:10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 2-7 05:10
Possible of course. Also quite a bit to remember...

You do pack in the visits on your trips over here.  
2-7 05:23
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 2-7 05:23
You do pack in the visits on your trips over here.

Too much hassle, time and money to get over there - gotta make toe most out of it.
2-7 10:36
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Another great sequence Depp. The internal scenes from Litchfield were as fascinating as the drone sequences.  It was clearly quite windy at several of the locations you visited. And of course there was plenty of FPV thrown in as well
2-7 13:11
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Blériot53 Posted at 2-7 13:11
Another great sequence Depp. The internal scenes from Litchfield were as fascinating as the drone sequences.  It was clearly quite windy at several of the locations you visited. And of course there was plenty of FPV thrown in as well

Thank you, R!
A really great place that you should visit if you haven't already. I was quite surprised that I had never once seen it before. The wind did hamper me a bit but also it was rather cramped and I was a bit afraid to lose signal. I always feel slightly illegal when I fly in a city in the UK as it's mostly forbidden here...
2-7 22:51
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 2-7 22:51
Thank you, R!
A really great place that you should visit if you haven't already. I was quite surprised that I had never once seen it before. The wind did hamper me a bit but also it was rather cramped and I was a bit afraid to lose signal. I always feel slightly illegal when I fly in a city in the UK as it's mostly forbidden here...

Discretion is always the best way.  If no-one sees you, it didn't happen

During my hike yesterday I spotted a stone circle that you will never have seen, and you wouldn't find on any map.  I'll get back there with the drone soon and film it.
2-8 00:33
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Blériot53 Posted at 2-8 00:33
Discretion is always the best way.  If no-one sees you, it didn't happen

During my hike yesterday I spotted a stone circle that you will never have seen, and you wouldn't find on any map.  I'll get back there with the drone soon and film it.

Looking forward to that!
2-8 03:52
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 2-8 03:52
Looking forward to that!

2-8 04:20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 2-7 04:44
Thanks a lot, Downtown! I was lucky to fly there.

You're very welcome Depp.  Hope you are having a great week.  Sunny day here but the winds are once again gusting to 45 mph, so another no fly day.  Guess I'll just go spend some more time at the indoor pistol range.  
2-8 10:09
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-8 10:09
You're very welcome Depp.  Hope you are having a great week.  Sunny day here but the winds are once again gusting to 45 mph, so another no fly day.  Guess I'll just go spend some more time at the indoor pistol range.

Thanks and they same to you!
2-8 10:29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 2-8 10:29
Thanks and they same to you!

You're very welcome.  Thanks for the well wishes.
2-8 11:08
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nicely done Depp!
3-3 23:29
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI