Phantom 3 Professional Crashes and DJI Service Comes Through!
1536 13 2015-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
miphotoguy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1498885 ft
United States

Below is the crash video of my Phantom 3 Professional.   I got a gimbal overload error and a quick jolt.  Tried to bring it down and then it went into a uncontrollable spin to the ground.  I sent it into DJI and they are replacing it for free.  Thankfully I was able to recover it as it just missed falling into a lake.  The DJI app flight log showed exactly where it crashed.  After a short boat trip it was recovered.  Thank you DJI for your service in this matter.   Below is the video of the crash.  I have 2 Phantom 3 Professionals and the other one I have has never even had any signs of a problem.  This one was clearly a software or hardware issue and DJI is replaceing it.  Thank you again DJI!!  Problems begin at the 2:10 mark.

2015-9-10
Use props
hundleton1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad your sorted
Hearing a lot of good reports recently re the repair centre
2015-9-10
Use props
jaronpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 723776 ft
United States

Glad you got it handled! Good job DJI!     
2015-9-10
Use props
jaronpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 723776 ft
United States

Off topic.... But who did you order the red brackets on the ends of your arms from?  I have the strong arm kit from UAVbits.net, but I am always looking for bigger and better products!
2015-9-10
Use props
albanomcbaptist
lvl.1

Portugal

It seem i need to start to record all the flights you never know
2015-9-10
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

I'm happy that we getting more and more users are satisfied with DJI, so we keep improving our service. Sorry for inconvenience  though, and thanks for your support
2015-9-10
Use props
apfoti
lvl.1

United States

Good to hear...had the same problem was bringing it down and it went into a tailspin

shows this on my flight log

how long did service and repair take ? Any cost?
2015-9-10
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

Glad to hear they took care of you! But... all those people's lives you put at risk... tisk, tisk, tisk.... :-) obviously just kidding.. I'm all for capturing groups... that's what these things are for.
2015-9-10
Use props
miphotoguy
lvl.1
United States

apfoti Posted at 2015-9-11 00:06
Good to hear...had the same problem was bringing it down and it went into a tailspin

shows this on  ...

Took 5 weeks.  Here is their response.

Your Phantom 3 Professional has been inspected by the repair department. As a one time courtesy to expedite the repair process your craft has been replaced with a new unit.

There was no charge.  Will be delivered on Wednesday of next week.
2015-9-11
Use props
miphotoguy
lvl.1
United States

jaronpv@hotmail Posted at 2015-9-10 10:33
Off topic.... But who did you order the red brackets on the ends of your arms from?  I have the stro ...

Those are the Summitlink quick disconnect Prop Guards.  Work Great very happy with them.  DJI should build them in.   So nice to be able to quickly take on and off.
2015-9-11
Use props
ward
lvl.1

Canada

miphotoguy Posted at 2015-9-12 04:10

Your Phantom 3 Professional has been inspected by the repa ...

Same thing happened with my Phantom 3. DJI sent the same message to me after 9 weeks of impatient waiting, and 1 week later i received my bird back. Just got it back earlier this week.
2015-9-11
Use props
apfoti
lvl.1

United States

miphotoguy Posted at 2015-9-11 16:10

Your Phantom 3 Professional has been inspected by the repa ...

how do i go about sending back my p3?? what was your original correspondences? did u call LA or email first?
2015-9-12
Use props
miphotoguy
lvl.1
United States

apfoti Posted at 2015-9-12 21:37
how do i go about sending back my p3?? what was your original correspondences? did u call LA or em ...

You have to call.  It took me a while to get through but that was by far the best way.  I had tried doing the online chat and email but I think they were in China. So I called and called the CA office and when I got through to them they were very nice and helpful.  
2015-9-12
Use props
miphotoguy
lvl.1
United States

ward@nelsonroof Posted at 2015-9-12 11:30
Same thing happened with my Phantom 3. DJI sent the same message to me after 9 weeks of impatient  ...

I probably would have been more impatient if I didn't have a second P3P.  5 weeks was better than the 6-8 that them quoted me.  And actually the person on the phone said it could take up to 10 weeks.  
2015-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules