REQUEST: Offer a Standby mode for setting down
155 1 2-9 02:23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stevefa
lvl.1
Denmark

Apologies if I'm missing an existing solution to this.
When it's time to review or download footage with my phone/tablet using MIMO and WiFi, I need to put down Pocket 3 while leaving it turned ON. But doing so causes interference between the gimbal and whatever surface I place Pocket 3 on. I currently either put Pocket 3 on the mini tripod, which requires that I have it and the extension handy, or I place Pocket 3 on a surface with the gimbal hanging over the edge to prevent crashing. This is precarious as Pocket 3 might fall or get "clipped" by someone moving past it.

Ideally I could tell Pocket 3 that I want it to close the gimble but stay ON so I can initiate connection using MIMO, using both hands.

This suggestion is to offer a way to put Pocket 3 into a standby mode. One option would be to offer a "Standby" button after initiating power down, much like the "Continue" button is currently optionally displayed. Choosing "Standby" would close and depower the gimbal, indicate standby mode, and allow WiFi or OTG connections to be initiated. Standby mode would exit to normal mode upon pressing the power button again.

But of course I would appreciate any creative solution you could devise. I rate this suggestion as medium importance as there are workarounds. But I also think this feature will be relevant to any integrated gimbal camera that threatens the gimbal when you put it down while ON.

Thanks for considering.

2-9 02:23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, stevefa. We appreciate your recommendation. I'm more than happy to forward this to the development team for consideration. This will help us improve or optimize our product. Thank you for your valued support.
2-10 00:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules