DJI Mic 2 - Stereo sound is Mono
218 2 2-9 11:44
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HRS
New

United Kingdom

Hello,

I hope im doing something wrong here because I can't achieve an atmospheric stero sound recording (The sound of a car going from left to right for example). I know that using an iPhone that the tracks will be recorded as mono so instead of using an adaptor. I'm using the internal micraphone storage to capture recordings.

The sound I capture appears to be an equal output from both rather than a left and a right - this means that I would have to then pan left or right in the editing suite which kind of defeats the point of recording stero? (Stero is selected on the RX)

I've held the microphones in multile potions and at best, the sound is just more faint when directed away from the source, rather than dissapearing left or right.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2-9 11:44
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi. HRS, do you have any samples you can post? I will forward it to the related team to further check. Thank you.
2-12 02:23
Use props
HRS
New

United Kingdom

Hi Tony,

I think I now know the problem - Each microphone can only record in mono so that would be why they don't record internally as stereo. I assume that is because each microphone need to be converted via the receiver to become stereo?

Regards
Henry
2-12 04:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules